Factfile

Name: Scott Sinclair

DOB: 25 March 1989

Nationality: English

Position: Winger/Striker

Club: Swansea

Value: £3.6m

In The Real World

Scott Andrew Sinclair (born 25 March 1989) is an English footballer who plays for Premier League club Swansea City as a winger, having previously played for Bristol Rovers, Chelsea, Plymouth Argyle, Queens Park Rangers, Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic. He represented England at youth level, from the under-17s to the under-21s.

In Football Manager

Sinclair is a natural AML with blinding pace, and good dribbling, flair and finishing. Reasonably two-footed he's capable of beating his opposite fullback on the outside and inside, making him very dangerous to contain. With a professional personality you will find that he improves quickly in training, with lots of key attributes increasing by 1 or 2 points.

screenshot20111106at114.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here he is in February of the first season under my management and training schedules.

The key to getting him scoring was Ferrie Bodde, (with passing 17) coming back from injury and slotting into the DLP Support role in a fluid 4-3-3, playing the through balls in between the RB and CB for Sinclair to latch onto. Also playing Danny Graham as a DLF/TM Support, TM set to pass to feet, so he gets assists for Sinclair too.

screenshot20111106at113.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I went up first season with Forest and swansea went down so i picked Sinclair up. You get a lot of use out of him as an AML inside forward. Particularly if you are playing a counter attacking system he can be devistating with his pace. Think he scored 20 for me in the league.

Scored the winning goal in the Olympic Final against Brazil when I was managing Team GB so I like him just for that :p.

Good player anyway. Had him at Torquay on FM10 and he was great.

Me? Nooooo. Im hooked on my Hoffe save for now. Im planning saved with Malaga, PSG & Anji but I really want to go back to England, just nothing really grabs me as wanting to. Swansea & Brighton are the most appealing so I would love to see a Swansea thread. Go for it welshace :cool:.

• 3 months later...

I picked him up for £2.5mil for my Pompey team after Swansea were relegated in the first season. I've been playing him as an AML IF, cutting inside. It generally works well as very few defenders can keep up with him. I've found he's also handy to put up front as a Poacher if you're finding a defence hard to beat - his pace creates a lot of space.

However.....

He is one of the most infuriating players I've experienced. So many times he has beaten the full back, got to the edge of the 18 yard box, then ignored the unmarked strikers in the box and gone for glory from the tightest of angles, usually unsuccesfully. If I had a Scott Sinclair swearbox, it would have about £27 in it by now.

He keeps refusing to learn the 'Look for Pass' PPM too.

yes swansea want like 12 million for him, but sell him off for around £2 million when they get relegated. picked him up for my blackpool team to play as left winger.

did very well, helped me win the title. and got called up for england in the 2014 world cup, where he got into the worlds best XI.

Archived