Yohan 'Le Dreamboat' Cabaye - FM12

Anxiietyyy

Yohan Cabaye

DOB: 14/01/86 (25 years old)

Defensive/Central midfielder

Newcastle United

200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

french-international-midfielder-yohan-cabaye-pictured-at-st-james-park-last-night-after-agreeing-a-five-year-deal-with-united-952679573.jpg

Background Information

Yohan Cabaye (born 14 January 1986) is a French football player who plays for English club Newcastle United in the Premier League and the French national team. He plays as a box-to-box midfielder and is described as a player who possesses "excellent vision, great ball control", and "provides technical quality". Cabaye is also known for his penalty-taking ability.

Newcastle Career

Following Lille's final game of the 2010–11 season, a 3–2 win over Rennes, Lille manager Rudi Garcia confirmed that Cabaye would be departing the club to sign with Newcastle United in England stating "Yohan told us yesterday – first me, then the whole group before the game – that he has chosen to join Newcastle. It is a choice that I respect, although I wish he continued the adventure with us". The transfer was confirmed on 10 June 2011 with Cabaye agreeing to a five-year deal with Newcastle.The transfer fee was undisclosed. Cabaye described the move to Newcastle as "fantastic" while also stating "I have enjoyed great times with Lille, but the time is right now to test myself against the best and playing for Newcastle United in the Premier League does just that". Cabaye played his first game for Newcastle in a pre-season friendly against Conference National side Darlington after coming on as a substitute in the 12th minute. Newcastle won the game 2–0. Days before the season kicked off, Cabaye was given the number 4 shirt, which was made available following the departure of ex-captain Kevin Nolan early in the transfer window. He made his league debut on 13 August 2011 in a 0–0 draw against Arsenal.

Cabaye scored his first goal for Newcastle on 22 October 2011 against Wigan Athletic.Four days later, he netted his second goal for the club in a 4–3 defeat to Blackburn Rovers in the Football League Cup.

In Football Manager 2012

Attributes

11llb3q.gif

As you can see, he's a complete midfielder. He can tackle, pass, shoot and dribble.. His primary position is right in the heart of midfield, in the central position, but he's equally adept at playing in the Attacking midfield spot and the Defensive midfield role. My advice would be to build a team around him. He's a superb playmaker who would probably be superb if partnered with a 'bodyguard' sort of player. (Tiote, Frimpong, Song are all young examples of this breed of footballer.) If you're starting up as Newcastle, I'd have him set as either a DL Playmaker set to support or a box-to-box playmaker, partnered by Tiote (BW Midfielder, defend).

I was quite suprised that no-one had mate a thread on him, so I thought i'd jump on the opportunity to hone my thread-making skills :D

He was a great signing for me on FM11 and so far on my Newcastle save this time round he's been just as good. Topped the league in assists his first season.

As has already been said he's very effective as a Deep Lying Playmaker pulling the strings for your team, but he helps out plenty defensively as well. Chipped with several goals from open play so far as well, typicially with powerful shots from the edge of the area. Definitely hold on to him if you're planning a Newcastle game :cool:

He was a great signing for me on FM11 and so far on my Newcastle save this time round he's been just as good. Topped the league in assists his first season.

As has already been said he's very effective as a Deep Lying Playmaker pulling the strings for your team, but he helps out plenty defensively as well. Chipped with several goals from open play so far as well, typicially with powerful shots from the edge of the area. Definitely hold on to him if you're planning a Newcastle game :cool:

In games in which i'm going to come under pressure from opponents, I have him set as a Box-to-box midfielder to help sure up the defense as well as contribute to the general play.

Archived