[FM12] Deep Lying Forward - No Rooneys Allowed

chullibun

I was wondering if anyone knew any players that work well in a deep lying forward role (support) that can be picked up relatively cheap in the first season, i have found an abundance of Poachers and the like that i can pick up on the cheap, but no top quality creative forwards, would like to know if anyone has had any success with players playing in this role and if so, which players? bear in mind im looking at mid to low level premier league players and not the likes of rooney etc.

key attributes according to the game are-

Dribbling

First touch

Long Shots

Passing

Technique

Creativity

Decisions

Off The Ball

Teamwork

Strength

judgeing by the stats its clear that an attacking mid would suit the DLF(S) role perfectly, just interested to find out if anyone has had any success in retraining any players in said role, coz atm in my newcastle save, im really struggling to find any quality players that i can use in this position, i have used search filters in-game and came back with a fair few hits with players with the required attributes, but my budget is slim and i am looking for any feedback before i make any offers as in my eyes there must be a gem out there somewhere in the fm universe that can play in this role

Players that im currently looking at are :-

FaUxyl.png

NLfgCl.png

Vossen being my first team striker, and henriksen possibly retrained to a ST as cover for Vossen, im just a bit put off with vossens physical and key technical attributes, but if i get reccomendations on him id probably still take the gamble

humberto suazo has been the best for cheap ive seen

he was the first person i bought when i was looking for a DLF as i had a fair bit of experience with him in fm11 and his stats were perfect for the role (bar workrate and strength), but he was very inconsistant in that role for me and he ended up injured for like 6 months :(

Wilfried - 2.5m release clause, play as a DLF support.

ive used wilfried before in that role with poor results :( he is better suited as a poacher in my eyes as when used in that role he got me 31 goals in 41 games or something similar to that, i am really looking for player that can i can use in an AMC role aswell as i alternate between a 4-2-2-2 and a 4-2-3-1 depending on home and away games and the strength of the opposition

im also wondering about Matias Fernandez, even though his strength is low the rest of his attributes are all at the high end of the scale when its comes to key attributes for the role

Archived