4-2-2-2 "il Devasto" (untick target man... XD)

I tried it on attacking movement (I'm Chelsea) and my team went on a bad run, so, went back to teamwork (average duty) and still didn't improve much. I struggled against lesser teams, especially if they had an AMC. Maybe defensive positioning is a better match prep?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@BeauchampWarman did you use the Thepios tactic?

More people should try this tactic.

I am giving this tactic a try firstly with my man utd save. Seems to work better if the match preparation is on attacking movement from my experience of the 1st 8 games I have used it for.

Unlike some I don't have a man utd squad full of the expensive buys like gotze and my starting line up is mostly that of the 1st season.

what type of players do the central mids need to be?

Second post of this thread:

MC: you should focus on Marking (at least 12), determination, contrasts (at least 13), passing (at least 15), without the ball are the skills you need to consider. In short, forget the fantasy, dribbling and forget tc.

Evening guys... happy that my tweaks works! i might do abit more tweaks over my 2-3 seasons and will update later if it get better. I gonna try match prep on average and def possition.

yeah check out fm passion satorax explain a few things maybe it help you

good tweaks btw

Hi thespios i'm gonna try your tac with liverpool too i want to know which one you put on the right and wich one on the left between your midfielders and between your strickers. Can you put a screen of your team and your ball possession is about 50% or mmore for each games?

very good mate, what you se on match prop.? attacking or defensive??

Very very good tactic and I'll play Euro Cup Final... BEŞİKTAŞ - PALERMO

My key players like Quaresma couldnt play lots of matches because of injuries.

I'm using Thespios version and results :::

d8f08.jpg

650ab.jpg

cd804.jpg

I have tested almost all tactics that have been rated high for FM12 without dominating the game.

I did use 4-2-2-2 ''il Devasto for some time on FM11 and i have made a tweaked one for FM12. This tweaks is things i have read up and learned from all posts made around this tactic and i think i have combined them good.

And for me this one have been brilliant, it is brilliant anyway, but i think the small tweaks i did have been done major impact.

Iam just done with my third season with my Liverpool and i ONLY lost 1 match. I won Fa-Cup final 8-0 over Everton, I won League Cup over Sunderland and CL final over Real Madrid 6-2

League table

PremierDivision2013-2014.png

I have a good squad and have used all the transfer money i had, but Man City used almost 500 mill more and they didnt dominate that much.

If someone are interrested in my tweaked one. let me know.

Sorry for my bad english (from Norway :D)

hi mate, good job... this tactic is "il devasto 10 notches" (crags tweaked fm11) with two changes that work well on fm 2012!!!

Ended first season with Barcelona (thepios tactic)

First with MP On very High attcking movement, after defeated by Real Madrid (5-1) I switch to MP attacking movement / Average

All matches against Realmadrid, messi xavi and villa are injured, the rest has a 77% condition.

screens:

U=Away

T=Home

Spaanse Beker = Spanish Cup

barcelona-1.jpg

Player stats, look at messi and villa, mesi playes SCR villa scL

FCBarcelonaSquad_Players.png

Table:

LIGABBVAOverzicht_Rondes.png

So again a positif test.

So I test it with a Average team and a High level team, It works amazing with both

Now I gonna test it with a lower league team.... let you know the results

Everybody shouls try this tactic (thepios)

Wijnand

So now the test with a lower league team, it have time to gel

but here is one results, and yes I play with Port vale, still the thepios tactic.

LiverpoolvPortValeInformation_Overview.png

I don't understand why people don't try this tactic (thepios tactic post 18)

BTW: Attcking movement very High...... after it is fluid.... go back to high or average, I let you know hoe it goes

Wijnand

yeah mate. Same with me, some times its brilliant, but when its bad its awful.

Have a go with crags 10 notches version honestly. I scored like 155 goals in the league with spurs and won ever cup apart from the champions league ( which i lost in the final to united due to an own goal). You batter the big teams and small teams, its a bit more consistent (Y)

Currently doing a test with tackiller to see which is better though..

Hi thespios i'm gonna try your tac with liverpool too i want to know which one you put on the right and wich one on the left between your midfielders and between your strickers. Can you put a screen of your team and your ball possession is about 50% or mmore for each games?

I have Charlie Adam on left side and Lucas on right side. At strickers i use Cavani/Tevez on left side and Suarez on right side. :)

hi mate, good job... this tactic is "il devasto 10 notches" (crags tweaked fm11) with two changes that work well on fm 2012!!!

I have used il devasto 11.3 and made around 6-7 changes. One of them is ofc 10 notches on def line. same as crags tweaked. But i have done some changes with midfield, right striker, fullbacks. Aswell as i have changed corner assignment to fullfit fm12 :)

As long as people think this work. I cant be anything other than glad.

wijnard, what do u find is the best match prep and workload?

attacking movement on high or attacking movement on average?

also i still believe crags 10 notches version to be the best for fm 12

hi jimmy, i think that the match engine of fm 12.0.4 is the same of fm 11.3 and so each tactic that works well on 11.3, now works well on 12.0.4... take for example "il devasto" thespios, it is my devasto 11.3 with defensive line back to 10 notches (crag tweaked).

@thespios: i'll post your tweaked version on first post of another fm community, ok???

yeah mate. Same with me, some times its brilliant, but when its bad its awful.

Have a go with crags 10 notches version honestly. I scored like 155 goals in the league with spurs and won ever cup apart from the champions league ( which i lost in the final to united due to an own goal). You batter the big teams and small teams, its a bit more consistent (Y)

Currently doing a test with tackiller to see which is better though..

Ok switch to 10 notches, let you know the results

What kind of match prep.. do you use with the 10 notches tac?

Ok switch to 10 notches, let you know the results

What kind of match prep.. do you use with the 10 notches tac?

i used attacking movement with high workload. ( didnt try it on average workload but it should work maybe, try each workload for 10 or so games each)

i used attacking movement with high workload. ( didnt try it on average workload but it should work maybe, try each workload for 10 or so games each)

Just remember that the workload does not effect the focus area at all. It only effects how quickly the team gets fluid with the tactic, not the amount of time spend preperating for the coming game focusing on specific areas

Thanks TheBetterHalf.

Really?! I didn't know this! Its just i noticed that when i changed between high and average the general amount of ccs i was creating varied, aswell as the ratio of misses to conversions. Maybe your right, but nonetheless i found crags version to be slightly more consistent!

hi jimmy, i think that the match engine of fm 12.0.4 is the same of fm 11.3 and so each tactic that works well on 11.3, now works well on 12.0.4... take for example "il devasto" thespios, it is my devasto 11.3 with defensive line back to 10 notches (crag tweaked).

@thespios: i'll post your tweaked version on first post of another fm community, ok???

Sure m8. Lemme know witch community. I might start a new save and get better defence line in the tactic. I will come back with updates.

very very good tactic m8!! i will post some ss if you want :)

Damn, i' play with Anzhi, and i have played 10 matches so far with this tactic. :=)

Played 10 matches in the russian league :

> 10 matches 10 wins, scored 50 goals!

Sure m8. Lemme know witch community. I might start a new save and get better defence line in the tactic. I will come back with updates.

Archived