Jack Butland - Englands Future Number 1!

idol1

Jack Butland - Englands Future Number 1!

DOB - 10/03/1993

Nationality - English

Club - Birmingham City Fc

Position - Goalkeeper

Value - 475k

Estimated Sale Value - £2m

Butland.jpg

Butland was born in Bristol. After playing for Clevedon United and the Bristol-based Jamie Shore Academy, he joined Birmingham City as a schoolboy in 2007, and then, after leaving Clevedon Community School in 2009, began a two-year scholarship in the club's youth academy.While still aged 16, Butland made his reserve team debut, and signed his first professional contract, of two-and-a-half years, as soon as he turned 17 in March 2010. Named Birmingham City's Young Player of the Year at the end of the 2009–10 season, his progress was interrupted in October 2010 by a broken hand requiring surgery. By the following April he had recovered well enough to be given a first-team squad number before the Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers as cover, in case Ben Foster's injury or Colin Doyle's illness prevented either from taking part in the match.

Soon after Butland made his England under-21 debut, he joined League Two club Cheltenham Town on loan for a month to gain experience of first-team football. He went straight into the starting eleven to make his Football League debut at home to Macclesfield Town on 10 September 2011, displacing Scott Brown who had until then made 107 consecutive starts for the club. Butland had little to do as Cheltenham won the game 2–0. While still out on loan, Butland signed a new contract with Birmingham to expire in June 2015. The initial month was later extended to a three-month period, which began after his return from under-21 duty in mid-October.

Butland Aged 18

JackButlandBegining.png

Butland Aged 22 (tutored by Ben Foster)

JackButlandStats2015.jpg

As you can see, after just 4 years of reserve/cup game football Butland is progressing nicely and starting to push for the number one spot.

For those interested he has a

CA 83, PA -9

He was fantastic for me on FM11 for both club and country.

I had a scout of him in FM12 & my scouts didn't rate him as highly as I was expecting but I'll certainly be keeping my eye on him for the England team in a couple of years.

Archived