New International Competition

McRichie

Would you use this database?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use this database?

• Yes
    • No

I am going to try and make a new competition to run in the summers that there is no World Cup or Euro, I'm going to introduce the UK Cup!!! I will be looking to do it as a league structure with the top 2 playing each other in a final like they do in Masters football, that way I feel there would be more chance of a different team winning it as England tend to be stronger than the other 4.

The teams I have chosen to be involved are England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, I chose to name it UK Cup so I could include ROI as they are included as part of the UK but NOT part of Britain, confusing I know lol

Is this something people would be interested in playing or would it be something most people would feel is useless, please use the poll option at the top of the page.

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter whether or not people use it or not, if you've made it and you feel proud of it then why not upload.

May I suggest http://fmdownloadcentre.freeforums.org for all of your file-hosting needs? New site with no download caps and no forced deletions. And no advertising apart from what I'm doing right now... :D

I've also made a version of this Championship, except with no final game. If you need any help or inspiration don't hesitate to ask mate. ;)

For the record, I voted yes.

Ok I have a minor problem now, I keep getting the message "Number of teams in <stage_name#1-> in 8 Nations should be divisible by 2"

Now going by my logic (which I will admit aint always right) that would mean that the number of teams in the 1st stage of the competition-the group stage-would need to be divisible by 2 so again by my logic a number that is in the 2 times table, after checking 4 and 8 I still get this message yet both of these is divisible by 2. I don't understand where I am going wrong!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Have you told any teams to start at that stage? If so then unselect that.

Apologies Unknown Hacker, due to the fact I kinda screwed up with the group stage/league I didn't need 8 teams anyway, I had originally set it up as a group stage which would obviously mean I would need at least 2 groups which makes me feel a little stupid lol Once I had changed it to league and named each section (League Stage/Final) it didn't bring up the stupid <stage_name#1-> which meant I was able to understand it alot more and could figure out where I was going wrong. I am currently in the process of loading and holidaying the game to check for any bugs that could crop up and will hopefully release tomorrow as I will leave my computer overnight to get through many seasons so I can check it out fully over hopefully 10/15 years maybe more!

Right, I have done it and holidaying but I notice the game starts with the competition rather than starting with the date I specified! I told it to start on 4/6/2013 but according to the fixtures on it it started on 7/6/2011 with the next fixture on 6/7/2011! Is there any way I can resolve this as I want it to start when I specified? There was 1 bit in the editor I saw which was "year interval" so thinking ahead I thought I would add the Final date as a date that would be gone by the time the game starts so added it as 28/6/2011 yet the competition is playing when I start a new game (starting on 5/7/2011)

Again, any help would be appreciated

Just an update, I done 10 years last night with no major problems that I can see! Although I did set the match dates wrong (had 1 match in June and the rest in July) I am going to sort those and check it out again for a few years then providing there are no problems still I will release for anyone that wishes to use it.

Thanks to the people that voted no on whether they would use this but if you do read this could you PM me your reasons why you wouldn't, I'm interested to hear why and whether there could be something I could do to get more people using it.

On a small footnote I'd like to thank Unknown Hacker for his/her help on this.

EDIT: I have cracked the competition starting at the start of the game, putting the fixtures back to June long before the game starts it doesn't have any fixtures and shows up at the start saying UK Cup 2013 so I'm delighted with that

Archived