Genie tactics

Gramstrup

First of all, i love FM Genie Scout 2008 and all of its features.

I often use the "Squad tactics"-option. Where i can see how Genie would up your team, regarding players and tactics.

My question is; is it possible to add any tactics to the available list? The tactic i use (Kimz) is not anywhere close to any of the standard ones. I have been looking through some files, but i have not been able to find where to edit to make "Kimz"-tactic available in Genie Scout.

I hope you guys can help me out. icon_smile.gif

No, only the custom tactics are strored in the Scout program. Genie did consider putting in those designed by others but there were so many wanting to be included that it was impractical. It is also just meant to be a guide to help you as the Manager and should not be assumed that it is perfect.

Im a Genie Scout noob.

Is there any sort of guide to show me the best ways to use it? What i should be looking for, etc etc.

I know about CA and PA and that crap, just wondered if the genie scout gives anymore depth into if a player is mre likely to reach their PA.

And why are some players names in blue and majority in black?

Originally posted by Matt8:

Im a Genie Scout noob.

Is there any sort of guide to show me the best ways to use it? What i should be looking for, etc etc.

I know about CA and PA and that crap, just wondered if the genie scout gives anymore depth into if a player is mre likely to reach their PA.

If their name is in blue it usually means they are on loan, or co-owned or something like that. Basically there is something special about their contract.

Genie allows you to view all their stats without sending scouts to check them out. It also has a list of all the players in the database for your save game and not just the ones your scouts know about, therefore giving you a wider selection to choose from. It can also give you an idea of how much you would have to pay to buy that player, and also rates each player according to their position.

Originally posted by Matt8:

Im a Genie Scout noob.

players in blue are on loan, players in green are co-owned, players in black are just at the club that owns them.

Some good features:

1. searching only for regens via the tick box in search for player, this gives you a list of players created by the game so you can get a head start on arsenal

2. best position rating (although its best to use your own judgement) which gives a quick way to compare the attributes of players in same position.

3. ability to search on hidden attributes such as ambition, injury proneness and important game.

4. searching for staff based on star rating for each training field (second tab of staff search)

5. Exporting and importing shortlists. With smaller clubs I search with genie, export the shortlist, import it into the game, ask assistant to filter it to stop wasting time on players who won't be interested.

there's loads more you can do but these are the best features off the top of my head

Archived