Help with Wingers in a 4-6-0 formation

Hi guys,

i've a problem with the behavior of my wingers.

First of all that's my formation :

DL DC DC DR

DM

MC MC

AML AMC AMR

Now i'm really happy about my defence because i took only 2 goals in the last 8 matches and both came from set pieces.

And i'm also happy about my midfield and how my AMC performs.

My wingers instead don't do what they should.

The 4-6-0 idea is that the 2 MC run in the space and enter in the box from behind to create movement in the box so that my AMC has more than one choice to pass the ball or shoot.

My wingers have to run in the box too but in a wide position so they can help open the opponent defence.

Now the problem is that i want they cross the ball instead of shoot. They are too wide to score and most of the time i noticed that they miss the shoot (around 90% of the times they don't even hit the target).

So i forced them to cross lowering their creativity freedom at the min and also i setup cross on often. I have now an average of 8 cross from each of my wingers but they usually don't succeed. If i cross 16 times in a match only 1 reach my AMC or my MC (but they are where they should in the box). At that point i usually score. Now i would like to improve my tactic ... Do you have some suggestion ?

What kind of cross ? Cross direction ? First Post ? Far Post ?

Well. I play a 4-2-4 formation with two Wingers. They are set on attack and due to my big forward having crap heading and my other being a Michael Owen in stature, they drill the crosses in. I don't set any particular area to hit and tbh, I have better luck when the crosses are shorter. My tatics are still maturing though so at some point more tweaks will come and also I am playing with Braintree in the BSP. More muscle than style at the mo. The ME also does the same for me. You want them to shoot, they pass etc. As for direction, I am still working on that one. One thing to note. Although I am playing Wingers, they are not suicidal in their play. My team overall is disiplined with creative freedom set to more disiplined and no roaming or default. Philosophy is on Control.

Archived