Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

On 07/02/2022 at 04:31, jens_dewit said:

I've always heard (from the tactics guys around here) that you should interpret the Treq. as being a support duty. I think it's because he'll be more interested in running into channels and creating space than actually attacking?

Could be my factoid is out of date though, this dates back to a couple of years ago.

A Trequartista does a lot of movement, he drops deep and he busts a gut to join the attack. He moves between players and is a creative force that can do a lot yet provides potent goal scoring output. However his defensive output is limited to blocking channels.  

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, kingjericho said:

I still think it works as an attack duty because the player is much more focused on the attacking phase than the defensive phase. even if it is a playmaker role it's inherently attack-minded. Otherwise SI would have changed it to support like they did with Enganche.

No he is still has a point somewhat what he stated is good for those that want to get to grips with the role as most don't really understand how the trequartista and it behaves more like a support role than attack as it looks to be the difference as well as attack space, another way of thinking is a regista higher up the pitch. Prior to the other person winger role question, depending on the system a treq will not always make the attacking runs that people look for and he may just sit in space so that's why the thinking of a treq like a support role makes sense. When you want to play a treq in the striker position you can easily compare it to a F9(s) or a DLF(s) not a DLF(a)

Edited by De Nile

Are dribble less, higher tempo, pass into space and stay disciplined a good combination to get rid of teams that press high up the pitch and mark tight?

I found out a pattern from the AI lately and they all press me high, close down more and tackle hard against my team which is not pretty to see. I'm winning but still struggling to find a decent combination of team instructions to not lose a lot of balls.

How do u guys get rid of high pressing teams and create chances?

45 minutes ago, Mr. Buttons said:

Are dribble less, higher tempo, pass into space and stay disciplined a good combination to get rid of teams that press high up the pitch and mark tight?

I found out a pattern from the AI lately and they all press me high, close down more and tackle hard against my team which is not pretty to see. I'm winning but still struggling to find a decent combination of team instructions to not lose a lot of balls.

How do u guys get rid of high pressing teams and create chances?

It depends about formation and roles.

Pass Into Space with Dribble Less and Higher Tempo will lose the ball pretty easily - aka hoof the ball with urgent. Does not guarantee success.

Have you tried?

Been sent here by a user, looking to find the answer. Copypasting from my OT:

Hey there, I have a question about Crossing and Passing.

Say I have a wide midfielder and he's tasked with providing both through balls and deep crosses. In the first instance, only Passing (and the whole Mental attributes plethora) is taken in consideration, together with his teammate's Anticipation and OTB. For deep crosses, I guess it's the same but with Crossing also added in the equation. Am I right?

Finally, as title suggests: what happens if a player has high Passing but low Crossing (and vice versa) when doing a cross? Does one attribute measure accuracy and the other the distance covered? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for your feedback!

6 hours ago, Kaenhoushaki said:

Does one attribute measure accuracy and the other the distance covered?

not really. The crossing attribute determines how good  the player is at crossing the ball where he wants to so if his crossing is bad he won't be very good at it and I'm not sure it has anything to do with crossing unless we're talking about a long pass and it that case it has nothing to so with crossing either 

9 ore fa, DarJ ha scritto:

not really. The crossing attribute determines how good  the player is at crossing the ball where he wants to so if his crossing is bad he won't be very good at it and I'm not sure it has anything to do with crossing unless we're talking about a long pass and it that case it has nothing to so with crossing either 

So, outside of short and medium range ones, Passing is for long crossfield passes but not nearby the enemy area and long VERTICAL passes while Crossing is uniquely from wide into the area?

Edited by Kaenhoushaki

4 minutes ago, Gianni Brera said:

Since Ive bought FM22, I noticed teams are making more than 3 subs in competition matches. In the Ukrainian leagues and Italian Serie A in which Ive played they do this. Is this a game setting thing? Or some weird covid rule in those leagues?

It should tell you in the overview/rules tab for the competition.

4 minutes ago, Gianni Brera said:

Since Ive bought FM22, I noticed teams are making more than 3 subs in competition matches. In the Ukrainian leagues and Italian Serie A in which Ive played they do this. Is this a game setting thing? Or some weird covid rule in those leagues?

It'll be some rule, you can check the league rules to check for number of subs allowed & things 

15 hours ago, Kaenhoushaki said:

So, outside of short and medium range ones, Passing is for long crossfield passes but not nearby the enemy area and long VERTICAL passes while Crossing is uniquely from wide into the area?

I'm not sure what you mean in the first part

2 hours ago, kingjericho said:

What's the mentality? If you use a high mentality, the support duty of the DLP might make him join the team forward. If he's a CM rather than a DM even more.

positive. both CMs are on support and i need one of them stay back on counter but not too far back when in possession like a dlp/d

If anyone is able to advise me on this it would be golden as being an avid player on FM since the CM1 days on the Amiga and completely loving FM2018, I just cannot get my head around In Transition. So much so I gave up on FM21 and belatedly gave FM22 a chance. So given this is quick fire questions mine would be this:

1) Is there a definitive method on what should be choose based on having a top heavy formation (4-2-3-1), a standard formation (4-4-2) or bottom heavy (4-1-2-3).

2) Why the need for 'Closing Down' i.e. Pressing, if these two In Transition screens are there?

3) Given FM2018 had things like Fluid, Structured. Is this in FM22 but under a different guise? i.e. is In Transition another way of implementing structured/fluid? i.e. regrouping and hold shape would be structured. Counter and Counter press is equivalent to extremely fluid. Just one of these is Fluid and having none of is somewhere in the middle of fluid and structured?

19 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

1) Is there a definitive method on what should be choose based on having a top heavy formation (4-2-3-1), a standard formation (4-4-2) or bottom heavy (4-1-2-3).

Not really depends on how you want to play 

19 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

2) Why the need for 'Closing Down' i.e. Pressing, if these two In Transition screens are there?

I’m assuming you’re talking about the “counter-press” and “regroup” option together with “counter “ and “hold shape”. Those instructions come into play only at certain points in the game while pressing works throughout 

23 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

3) Given FM2018 had things like Fluid, Structured. Is this in FM22 but under a different guise? i.e. is In Transition another way of implementing structured/fluid? i.e. regrouping and hold shape would be structured. Counter and Counter press is equivalent to extremely fluid. Just one of these is Fluid and having none of is somewhere in the middle of fluid and structured?

It’s still there but it just depends on your distribution of duties. You can pretty much ignore it now

Q1) When Possession is Lost - would this be dictated by Formation? i.e. top heavy formation should be set to counter press as the players have lost ball and high up players will engage as they may well be close

Q2) When Possession has been won - would this be dictated by mentality? i.e. You wouldn't set it to Counter if your team was already set to attacking, as you are doing your best to attack. So defending = counter. Attacking = Structured. Trying to pick the lock etc.

Em 06/02/2022 em 17:53, fc.cadoni disse:

Attacking Width is how wide you move the ball when in possession. A wider approach stretches the field horizontally; a narrower one funnels play through the middle of the pitch. Personally, I have it in the middle because I am playing with Positive & Attacking team mentality which by default is "Fairly Wide". Using 433 DM Wide formation.

And do you changed it? For example if a team is parking bus will you go wide? Or if a superior team is pressing and attacking you would you go narrow?

3 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Q1) When Possession is Lost - would this be dictated by Formation? i.e. top heavy formation should be set to counter press as the players have lost ball and high up players will engage as they may well be close

Yes it’s more effective with a top heavy formation 

3 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Q2) When Possession has been won - would this be dictated by mentality? i.e. You wouldn't set it to Counter if your team was already set to attacking, as you are doing your best to attack. So defending = counter. Attacking = Structured. Trying to pick the lock etc.

The way I look at it is mentality amplifies it and depends on your tactics for example if I have a bunch of support duties I’ll ask to hold shape so they can all go forward together but if I was playing maybe a 433 with my striker, 2 wingers and one CM on attack duty they I’ll go for counter because I have enough players ahead to help each other and if I was on attacking mentality the tempo is faster, passing is more direct so the player on the ball will look to release it quicker as opposed to if I was on balanced, the player on the ball would still look to release it but he’ll be a bit more cautious 

If you want to split your outfield players between shorter passing and more direct passing, is it 'better' to:

• leave TI passing directness Standard and move PIs one up or down
  • move TI passing directness to More and move PIs down
  • move TI passing directness to Shorter and move PIs up

Will the players more intuitively pass the ball as intended one way or the other? And of course, setting them one way or the other doesn't exclude them from other types of passing based on what they are give in match. Thanks!

Has anyone good idea why Quickness & Match Practise is 85% of a match intensity and Physical & Practise is 75% of match intensity? Quickness train only Acceleration, Agility, Pace while the Physical train all the physical attributes. Should not be more injury risk, fatigue, condition level risk the Physical from Quickness while having both 100% of attention? The workload of a player while train all physical attributes (plus Work Rate & Aerial Reach) must be higher from one which train only 3 attributes. Right?

Screenshot_1.png.27399f6f592e07f32199c919b78ab7be.png

37 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Has anyone good idea why Quickness & Match Practise is 85% of a match intensity and Physical & Practise is 75% of match intensity? Quickness train only Acceleration, Agility, Pace while the Physical train all the physical attributes. Should not be more injury risk, fatigue, condition level risk the Physical from Quickness while having both 100% of attention? The workload of a player while train all physical attributes (plus Work Rate & Aerial Reach) must be higher from one which train only 3 attributes. Right?

Screenshot_1.png.27399f6f592e07f32199c919b78ab7be.png

My guess is that because physical is more of a general training, you can't focus intensively in all the attributes while quickness is more focused 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

My guess is that because physical is more of a general training, you can't focus intensively in all the attributes while quickness is more focused 

That was my first guess as well, but I think something else led to have lower intensity the general physical training from quickness, endurance, resistance.

In General Physical training has Aerial Reach as attribute inside and the coach which is being responsible to train Aerial Reach is GK Handling. That means to me that the workload is spread and that's why the GP has lower intensity. Which is going to lead me to more confusing if the GK Handling Coach need to have a good fitness attribute (since that attribute is on Physical training). :/

22 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Which is going to lead me to more confusing if the GK Handling Coach need to have a good fitness attribute (since that attribute is on Physical training).

I don't think it matters since in the sessions there will also be actual fitness coaches who will lead the training in the other sessions 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

I don't think it matters since in the sessions there will also be actual fitness coaches who will lead the training in the other sessions 

It's a little controversial that Aerial Reach is on Physical training and the coach which has that responsibility is a GK coach. Must be removed from general physical, since it's already listed in General GK.

Hey guys ! Posting my question here as I can't really find answer (on Internet or when I post...). Is it possible to have an IF that is your main goalscorer or is the ME doesn't feel right ? If it possible, how can I make it ?

I have A. Isak and F. Balogun as AML in IF-A. I feel they have trouble to score in that position. Is there something i'm missing out ? If I want them to be like IRL, should I play them as stickers ?

Here is a my tactic if it can help. (you can see that Zapata is my main goalscorer. Saka as a Mezz-A has 8 goals. Isak, Balogun have 6, the same as Dembele who's my ST sub)

image.thumb.png.1d371cbad5ce8860199091810bff0b9b.png

10 hours ago, CKBrahMa said:

Hey guys ! Posting my question here as I can't really find answer (on Internet or when I post...). Is it possible to have an IF that is your main goalscorer or is the ME doesn't feel right ? If it possible, how can I make it ?

I have A. Isak and F. Balogun as AML in IF-A. I feel they have trouble to score in that position. Is there something i'm missing out ? If I want them to be like IRL, should I play them as stickers ?

Here is a my tactic if it can help. (you can see that Zapata is my main goalscorer. Saka as a Mezz-A has 8 goals. Isak, Balogun have 6, the same as Dembele who's my ST sub)

This isn't a quickfire question/answer. It's best to open a new thread for tactical advice like this. In short, yes you can make your IF/A the main goal scoring focus .

Il y a 21 heures, mikcheck a dit :

Hi.

How often and how far can  a player with a hold position PI role in DM position (BWM(d) or DM(d) for example) but with "gets forward whenever possible" can possibly go? Or will he go at all?

Not sure, but I think it is more « when will he go » rather than « how up the pitch he can go ».

I have Camavinga as a HB, and he doesn’t like to hold position : I often see him very high in the pitch while he should be back with my 2 CB

On 20/02/2022 at 16:32, mikcheck said:

Hi.

How often and how far can  a player with a hold position PI role in DM position (BWM(d) or DM(d) for example) but with "gets forward whenever possible" can possibly go? Or will he go at all?

It's pretty unique but it happens, players having conflicting PPMs, your best bet is to observe it in a game. If it's disrupting his role, try & train him out of it or change his role 

As a club manager is there a way to assign an analyst to a national team?

One of my main two strikers is absolutely tearing up international football and I thought I'd like to try creating a tactic based off what the French national team is doing. I can assign a scout to an international match, but I cannot seem to figure out how to assign an analyst.

I did watch some highlights and can check the stats, check the manager, and look at the tactic on the team page, but more details would obviously help.

13 horas atrás, Johnny Ace disse:

It's pretty unique but it happens, players having conflicting PPMs, your best bet is to observe it in a game. If it's disrupting his role, try & train him out of it or change his role 

Thanks.  It's not conflicting PPM's. It's a defend duty role that has "hold position" and a player with "gets forward" trait. My question is if that trait would still make him go forward sometimes, despite playing a role with hold position?

4 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Thanks.  It's not conflicting PPM's. It's a defend duty role that has "hold position" and a player with "gets forward" trait. My question is if that trait would still make him go forward sometimes, despite playing a role with hold position?

As already said, yes, you want him to hold position but he wants to get forward whenever possible, it's conflicting because he'll look to do what you don't want him to do :thup: