Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah I read that too, in the official 2024 feedback thread, from multiple people. 

@Cloud9 Had it working with an AP (S) though, so definitely possible. 

You should expect higher ratings from most attack roles in general (largely they're given freedom to go create end product). 

Too many players told to go do this is detrimental in and out of possession. It is more important that the player is performing well in your tactic or not (look at underlying numbers) than the ratings thrown out by the game.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/09/2024 at 22:17, Cloud9 said:

You should expect higher ratings from most attack roles in general (largely they're given freedom to go create end product). 

Too many players told to go do this is detrimental in and out of possession. It is more important that the player is performing well in your tactic or not (look at underlying numbers) than the ratings thrown out by the game.

Really struggling to get my striker scoring this season, and this is one of the things I always aim for, not sure what to do tbh. Dunno if I should completely change formation or not. We have won the Bundesliga 3 seasons in a row but things are just a struggle this season. We are still top, but struggling to perform well.

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Really struggling to get my striker scoring this season, and this is one of the things I always aim for, not sure what to do tbh. Dunno if I should completely change formation or not. We have won the Bundesliga 3 seasons in a row but things are just a struggle this season. We are still top, but struggling to perform well.

Teams are likely heavily parking the bus against a dominant side like this. Finding ways to stretch the pitch, provide overloads, and break down opposition will be key when this happens. Work the ball into the box can be nice!

You can consider running two progressive wingbacks when you can't break down the opposition as well. 

12 horas atrás, Gee_Simpson disse:

What formation are you using?

On 18.09.2024 at 15:40, caco4003 said:

Guys, when the opossition is playing with a false nine/DLF is it advisable to tell players to not tight mark them in order to not open gaps in the defence?

i always play with 4-3-3 DM Wide and when the opp. have a F9/DLF, i told my DM to mark him.

hey all. i have two questions.

this is my set-up

EkranResmi2024-09-1917_16_44.thumb.png.376cd92285498b6ecb4a55a2b257d106.png

first question

my L(s) has "move into channels" trait. what if i say "stay wider" to him, is it contradicted to his trait?

second question

my IF(s) has "stops play" trait. my ass. manager is telling that trait is unsuited for him. i like to see him lower the tempo and make the right choice. or should i listen to my ass. manager?

EkranResmi2024-09-1917_29_24.png.9b7005c2ff35868d39f23813b8903886.png

EkranResmi2024-09-1917_30_12.png.13dae9a08d27b8a6976a8238dd63b26d.png

28 minutes ago, Jr35 said:

First question

my L(s) has "move into channels" trait. what if i say "stay wider" to him, is it contradicted to his trait?

It just gives him options.

28 minutes ago, Jr35 said:

second question

my IF(s) has "stops play" trait. my ass. manager is telling that trait is unsuited for him. i like to see him lower the tempo and make the right choice. or should i listen to my ass. manager?

If you like it don’t change it.

I recently had a strange thing happen to me.

In my save, I had B2B games against Dortmund (BL and DFB cup competition), two days in between. Tactic-wise, I did not make any changes; I pressed their creative DM and their AM (they played a 4-2-3-1 vs. my 4-3-3). In the first match, my best players were on the field, and I managed a 2-1 win against them. 2nd match, I fully rotated, had even 2 U19s on the field, and won 3-0. Statistics, though, were worse for the 2nd match. BVB had only 1 player changed in the 2nd match, so basically still their best players or their regular starting XI on the field.

Do such things happen regularly? How can my worst starting XI be beating them "with ease" compared to my good starting XI?

18 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I could have sworn @HUNT3R just replied but its disappeared 😂

I don't use a formation that uses a SS but I have seen plenty of FM playthroughs on here and YouTube that use a Shadow Striker and the SS thrives. The key that lot of the whingers on Reddit can't grasp is that if your want to prioritize a certain position what you set-up around that position is vital.

There's a guy on YouTube called The Deep Lying Playmaker who covered the Shadow Striker and covers why it's not broken.

9 hours ago, Dr Naysay said:

I don't use a formation that uses a SS but I have seen plenty of FM playthroughs on here and YouTube that use a Shadow Striker and the SS thrives. The key that lot of the whingers on Reddit can't grasp is that if your want to prioritize a certain position what you set-up around that position is vital.

There's a guy on YouTube called The Deep Lying Playmaker who covered the Shadow Striker and covers why it's not broken.

Thanks. Yeah it seems they like to exaggerate a bit on there, I will know to take things they say with a pinch of salt from now on.

16 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Thanks. Yeah it seems they like to exaggerate a bit on there, I will know to take things they say with a pinch of salt from now on.

The issue is that a lot of them are people that were booted off these forums. Many of them on there are down a conspiracy rabbit hole about FM games being scripted etc and you can't convince them otherwise and if you attempt to you are some sort of SI bootlicker.

Well finally I could do it, now my question is the next.

I have been testing back 3 formations and there are some things that I dont understand yet, in the next tactic I dont understand why my best assister is my WB(a) and not my AMC, I always see the play funneled to his flank and always he ends crossing, even with WBIB, even with a Narrow system...

If someone can explain me why it happens, I would appreciate it because if there is something that bothers me more than losing, is not understanding why things happen on the field.

spacer.png

Last but not least,, I have been having problems with my striker to score, and I dont get why him dont even get a good xG, I upload his profile could somebody give me some tips to build a tactic around him?

spacer.png

spacer.png