Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/07/2024 at 02:21, frank_olaf said:

Hi,

I have a question about the "In Transition" > "When possession has been lost" Team Instruction. I understand the two options, Counter-Press and Regroup, but what happens if I don't select either. What will my players do when we lose possession?

Thanks

Most of the time you can play with a fairly blank slate of TIs on FM24...I only really recommend using them in situations where the tactic demands it.

For example: in a high pressing system you might feel compelled to leave "counter press" on, as without this pressure your high defensive line can be easily exposed.

On 21/07/2024 at 09:55, JAwtunes said:

Do AI teams use Player Instructions?

I believe the AI has all the tools at their disposal that the human manager can deploy.

image.png.04a32fbaa024e3a3b86a121c27266193.png

Hello. Anybody know why this is happening? Second player to get this from their two different mentoring group.

Alberto Mari (Professional) got this same message and became Fairly Professional from a Resolute Mentoring Group (Hugo Duro).

Fran Perez (Balanced) got this message from a Professional Mentoring Group (Juan Mata).

Squad personality is Highly Professional.

Would like to know what is happening so I can prevent it from happening again, and if there's a way to reverse the situation?

3 hours ago, quee said:

image.png.04a32fbaa024e3a3b86a121c27266193.png

Hello. Anybody know why this is happening? Second player to get this from their two different mentoring group.

Alberto Mari (Professional) got this same message and became Fairly Professional from a Resolute Mentoring Group (Hugo Duro).

Fran Perez (Balanced) got this message from a Professional Mentoring Group (Juan Mata).

Squad personality is Highly Professional.

Would like to know what is happening so I can prevent it from happening again, and if there's a way to reverse the situation?

Mentoring groups require at least three different players, so whoever else is in the group is a factor.

Fairly Professional and Resolute do not necessarily indicate different levels of professionalism I believe, but different levels of determination between the two players. 

• I frequently see Fairly Professional convert to Resolute at about 15 Determination? I am not up to date on the exact values of personalities. 

There is also a fair bit of luck involved, so keeping things low risk and checking the influence of the good personality players is important. You can check their media handling for more insights into these hidden personality traits. 

• Putting a Professional player into a Resolute group sounds inadvisable. The second example may be down to the third player as I mention above, or simply bad luck.
  • You could consider putting two mentors w/verifiably better personalities per youngster depending on how your squad is built.  
    • I only do 1 senior mentor + 2 youngsters when the influence level is "significant" on the mentor. 
Edited by Cloud9

3 hours ago, Sinbad7104 said:

Anyone know of a good way of dealing with players who come back to pre season late? Would a 2 week holiday be enough rest? 

I don't have a verified answer on that but what I do know is that the pre-season is very important for fitness over the course of the season and injuries are underplayed in FM. You're also not going to do irreparable damage to him as you could to a real athlete w/out sufficient rest.

I would throw him right in the deep end as soon as you can, no holiday.

Edited by Cloud9

Are the pressing traps supposed to do anything in the match engine and if yes, how? 

Also, is the stop crosses instruction totally useless? 

I am asking these because I haven't seen any difference in the gameplay when I activate these instructions. 

7 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Are the pressing traps supposed to do anything in the match engine and if yes, how? 

Also, is the stop crosses instruction totally useless? 

I am asking these because I haven't seen any difference in the gameplay when I activate these instructions. 

Yes they are very impactful, I find them very useful in a block. If you're not sure how to use them you can easily hamper your approach.

Edited by Cloud9