Goalkeeper Distribution

If you click on the "player instructions" for the GK - may have to click "advanced" from there, you'll see there's an option to change his method of distribution. I forget all the values, but one is "Mixed", one is something like "Kick it long", but the one you want is "Defender Collect". You can even specify a particular defender, but frankly I wouldn't bother going that far.

I tend to do this for my defensive tactics where the invariable result of my keeper hoofing it up the pitch is the other team starting a counter-attack.

Thanks for reply. I have already done that. It seems to me that he will only do it when the opposition has a low mentality. Combined with a lot of width in my team. I remember a tactic I downloaded on FM 11 had one of the DC's actually drop back in order to collect the ball from goal kicks. Any ideas how to do this?

If the opposition are closing down the defenders he won't risk passing out to them and will lump it. You could instruct in indiv player tactical instructions one to drop deeper = lower mentality. You can also specify to the keeper which player to distribute to. Might be risky if the oppo catch on.

If the opposition are closing down the defenders he won't risk passing out to them and will lump it. You could instruct in indiv player tactical instructions one to drop deeper = lower mentality. You can also specify to the keeper which player to distribute to. Might be risky if the oppo catch on.

I play with global mentality on the second notch of attacking. So I just drop one of the DC's mentality a couple of notches? It won't affect the system?

Archived