FM12: Radja Nainggolan

Anxiietyyy

23wl0qs.png

Radja Nainggolan is a commanding central midfielder available for around £8.5M at the start of the game, has pretty low wage for a medium/high level club such as PSG or Tottenham. Comes equipped with superb mental stats like 20 Determination and 18 Bravery and fairly good technical stats, his one and only shortcoming is his height and aerial ability. I play him as part of a 3 man midfield in a 'destroyer' box-to-box role (custom player instructions) along side Javier Pastore and Marvin Martin and he is simply brilliant! An absolute rock in the middle of the park. I had a little peak at his PA and it is:

Here's a little compilation of his real-life skills...

[video=youtube;Z35iJqoPkIg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35iJqoPkIg

Here he is 4 seasons in...

6898g0.png

As you can see, he's developed into a neat player. I was unsure of him until I loaned him out to Villareal, where he would go on to be come, in terms of average rating, their best player. Since then, he's been a starter in the box-to-box role and he's been superb, scoring some cracking goals from long-range and some very important goals too! :thup:

Nainggolan :cool:. He is such a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood player :D.

radjanainggolanoverview.png

Mid-way through season 4 with my Hoffe side.

Woah! He's come along very nicely!! He also speaks A LOT of different languages and that's a surprisingly helpful thing to have in your team as it avoids any failures in terms of team-blending and such.

RadjaNainggolanOverview_Profile.png

This is Radja halfway through his second season for me at Newcastle. He had a slow start finishing with an average rating of 6.98 in 2012/13 season. However this season he's stepped it up a bit, playing as a Ball Winning Midfielder but with a couple tweaks to his instructions. Has chipped in with 3 goals and 8 assists despite his role being more defensive compared to my other midfielders.

He was signed for 8.25 million and I consider the price a bargain now. Also acting as a very useful tutor for some of my regens this year as well.

:cool:

The whole belgian team is awesome.

There I said it. :D

I'm 7 seasons into my save managing R. Madrid and Belgium, thought you might like to see this particular screeny.:D

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages.png

Nianggolen, Vossen and of course Lukaku (who's just become Belgium all time top goalscorer at 24) have all been brilliant for me and my Belgium side have now gone over a year without losing a single game. The only 2 defeats in competitive matches in the last 2 years since I've been manager were both in the European Championship qualifiers to Spain and we're currently ranked 6 in the world.

I'm 7 seasons into my save managing R. Madrid and Belgium, thought you might like to see this particular screeny.:D

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages.png

Nianggolen, Vossen and of course Lukaku (who's just become Belgium all time top goalscorer at 24) have all been brilliant for me and my Belgium side have now gone over a year without losing a single game. The only 2 defeats in competitive matches in the last 2 years since I've been manager were both in the European Championship qualifiers to Spain and we're currently ranked 6 in the world.

Thanks for that...really fills me with confidence knowing they're in Scotland's qualifying group for 2014 World Cup.......I'm not worried, not me, not in the slightest...Caldwell with shut them out, obviously.

The Belgian players are so overrated, although they do have a lot of good youngsters coming through. As for the guy on his 7th season, I thought I had problems and I am only just finishing my 2nd season haha!

The Belgian players are so overrated, although they do have a lot of good youngsters coming through. As for the guy on his 7th season, I thought I had problems and I am only just finishing my 2nd season haha!

I wouldn't really call the 'overrated', the likes of Hazard, Mertens, Kompany, de Buryne and Vermaelen have all proven how good they are in competitive leagues.

I wouldn't really call the 'overrated', the likes of Hazard, Mertens, Kompany, de Buryne and Vermaelen have all proven how good they are in competitive leagues.

Only Kompany and Vermaelen have really proven they're top class players in my opinion. Hazard is proving to have the potential to be a top player, but he needs to perform more consistantly and test himself in a better standard league like the Premiership or La Liga. Mertens and De Buryne I haven't heard of to be honest, but if they were really as good in real life as they are rated on the game, I would have at least heard of them. The Belgians are being made out as world beaters on this game, while I admit they have some good youngsters coming through, the fact they will all become top class players playing for the best teams in the world in the future simply isn't the case.

Only Kompany and Vermaelen have really proven they're top class players in my opinion. Hazard is proving to have the potential to be a top player, but he needs to perform more consistantly and test himself in a better standard league like the Premiership or La Liga. Mertens and De Buryne I haven't heard of to be honest, but if they were really as good in real life as they are rated on the game, I would have at least heard of them. The Belgians are being made out as world beaters on this game, while I admit they have some good youngsters coming through, the fact they will all become top class players playing for the best teams in the world in the future simply isn't the case.

hazard has proven himself on some of the biggest stages of football tbh... and he's playing in a highly competetive league where skill is abundant, so to stand out as the talent he is , isnt anything to be sniffed at ... easily in the world class bracket for me.. the only thing holding him back is his attitude, which will improve as he mature's i have no doubt.

dries martens is already showing his talent and is ripping the eredivisie apart tbh... brilliant talent who wont be there long.

de bruyne is the next player who will leave for a big club soon enough... and is wonderfully talented, shame about his attitude and selfishness really..

saying if they were as good as they are in game you would have heard about them is ridiculous... anyone who keeps track or even an eye on european football would have heard about these players and would have heard about the brilliant rise of belgian football of late....

reeling off the names of the players to come through in the last 5-7 years is ridiculous.... silly talent tbh..

lukaku

vermaelen

kompany

nainggolan

defour

vertonghen

alderweireld

fellaini

hazard

witsel

dembele

chadli

mirallas

courtois

lombaerts

boyata

mudingayi

certainly one of the most improved national teams in the world... and looking one of the brightest for the future too..

but back on topic..

nainggolan is a superb talent.. almost the perfect centre mid imo...

I spotted Nainggolan in my own game just before I saw this thread. He got a great rating from my scout and would be an excellent replacement for David Jarolim in my midfielder. But too much money at the moment.

As for the discussion of Belgian talent, Mertens has 11 goals in 7 Eredivise matches this season. "Ripping it up" is a very appropriate term.

hazard has proven himself on some of the biggest stages of football tbh... and he's playing in a highly competetive league where skill is abundant, so to stand out as the talent he is , isnt anything to be sniffed at ... easily in the world class bracket for me.. the only thing holding him back is his attitude, which will improve as he mature's i have no doubt.

dries martens is already showing his talent and is ripping the eredivisie apart tbh... brilliant talent who wont be there long.

de bruyne is the next player who will leave for a big club soon enough... and is wonderfully talented, shame about his attitude and selfishness really..

saying if they were as good as they are in game you would have heard about them is ridiculous... anyone who keeps track or even an eye on european football would have heard about these players and would have heard about the brilliant rise of belgian football of late....

reeling off the names of the players to come through in the last 5-7 years is ridiculous.... silly talent tbh..

lukaku

vermaelen

kompany

nainggolan

defour

vertonghen

alderweireld

fellaini

hazard

witsel

dembele

chadli

mirallas

courtois

lombaerts

boyata

mudingayi

certainly one of the most improved national teams in the world... and looking one of the brightest for the future too..

but back on topic..

nainggolan is a superb talent.. almost the perfect centre mid imo...

Like I said, I am not denying the Belgians have some promising youngsters coming through, but only Vermaelen and Kompany have proven theirselves consistantly in a top league. Hazard plays in a good French league, but there are better leagues out there and until Hazard goes into a top league to consistantly prove himself against the worlds best, I don't think you can class him as a top player. A player can easily raise their game to perform in Europe a few times a season, take Celtic and Rangers with their runs in Europe for instance, but none of those players would last in a top league over a full season, with the exception of Henrik Larsson and Gattuso. You say Martens is tearing the Eredivisie apart, but so did Afonso Alves, and he failed miserably in the Premiership. You mention players like Fellaini but he's in and out of a mid table Everton team, he is a good player, but he isn't world class. The same with Dembele, who's in and out of the Fulham team. Lukaku and Vertonghen from what I have seen have the potential (like Hazard) to develop into top class players, but the others on your list need to play at a higher level against better players before we can confirm if they are really as good in real life as the game suggests.

Fellaini and Dembele are not 'in and out' of Everton and Fulham respectively. They start every important game. Such a nimrod.

Bit unnecessary to start flinging insults around. Fellaini and Dembele may have started the important games, but doesn't completely invalidate the guys opinion that some of the Belgian players might be a tad overrated.

Fellaini and Dembele are not 'in and out' of Everton and Fulham respectively. They start every important game. Such a nimrod.

If you do your research (which you clearly haven't), Fellaini is currently behind Osman, Rodwell, Cahill and Bartley in the pecking order for the centre midfield position. In fact, the last time he played was when he went on as a sub up front. Fellaini wasn't even in the squad for Everton's last game against Newcastle.

Dembele is currently being kept out by Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson and occasionally Clint Dempsey when he plays further forward just behind the loan striker when they go 4-4-1-1 against the better teams. Dembele did play in Fulham's last game against Tottenham, but that was only because Andy Johnson wasn't available. Dembele has spent most of this season on the bench.

Next time, before throwing your little insults around, I suggest you actually look into the facts, as right now, you are coming across a complete idiot. I feel for you.

If you do your research (which you clearly haven't), Fellaini is currently behind Osman, Rodwell, Cahill and Bartley in the pecking order for the centre midfield position. In fact, the last time he played was when he went on as a sub up front. Fellaini wasn't even in the squad for Everton's last game against Newcastle.

Dembele is currently being kept out by Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson and occasionally Clint Dempsey when he plays further forward just behind the loan striker when they go 4-4-1-1 against the better teams. Dembele did play in Fulham's last game against Tottenham, but that was only because Andy Johnson wasn't available. Dembele has spent most of this season on the bench.

Next time, before throwing your little insults around, I suggest you actually look into the facts, as right now, you are coming across a complete idiot. I feel for you.

Maybe you should do yours mate. Dembele and Fellaini have played 10 and 6 league games this season respectively. Fellaini is an important part of the Everton midfield in games where they need that little bit of extra protection in front of the defense, and Dembele has played every game this season, bar one. Both are consistent and important to their teams.

frankly... they've played all but a few games in which it was a tactical change.... and before calling someone an idiot.. i suggest you get your names right.. its barkley

frankly... they've played all but a few games in which it was a tactical change.... and before calling someone an idiot.. i suggest you get your names right.. its barkley

I suggest you look at Tottenham's and Everton's games so far this season and look at the starting line ups. Barkley was a typo and although Anxiety above states Dembele has made 10 appearances this season (I know I have missed out the extra Y's in Anxiety's name there, before you point that out as well, I just can't be bothered to scroll up and check how many Y's there are), several of Dembele's appearances have been off the bench. Fellaini as Anxiety has pointed out has make 6 appearances this season, and he's classed as a regular? Really? Instead of jumping down my throat and having a pop at me for giving my honest opinion, try and debate properly. That guy above is an idiot simply because he abused a fellow poster for having a different opinion to him, and if you and others can't see that, then I personally think you are idiots too. There is no need for abuse, as I am sure the mods will point out. It seems there is a lot of growing up to do with some of you, which is quite sad really, but no doubt I will be made out to be the bad guy as you all seem to be collectively having a go at me when I have done nothing wrong whatsoever, apart from give my opinion and stick up for myself against that idiot above who abused me...

i for one didnt jump down your throat or abuse you... i was simply stating that fighting fire with fire will always result in abuse on a forum ....i.e calling someone an idiot for hurling abuse is uncalled for and unproductive... just ignore it. '

two wrongs..' and all that jazz....

Either way.. dembele and fellaini are both integral to their teams who both play in the most competitive league on the planet and have proven themselves against some of the best...

again... an opinion..

i for one didnt jump down your throat or abuse you... i was simply stating that fighting fire with fire will always result in abuse on a forum ....i.e calling someone an idiot for hurling abuse is uncalled for and unproductive... just ignore it. '

two wrongs..' and all that jazz....

Either way.. dembele and fellaini are both integral to their teams who both play in the most competitive league on the planet and have proven themselves against some of the best...

again... an opinion..

Well lets agree to disagree then and keep our debates friendly. You wasn't really involved in the debate but chose to jump in and have a laugh at me spelling a players name wrong, hardly the most mature thing to do and it came across you was trying to provoke a reaction.

sigh... and yet you choose to hurl more abuse just after saying we can agree to disagree?

if you recall back .. or simply look back.. I was the first to answer your call of 'belgium players are overrated in the game' ... I was simply continuing with that...

nowhere did i have a laugh at you, i merely mentioned that calling someone an idiot and questioning their facts and research when you can't even get the names right yourself is asking for trouble..

and my point stands... you choose to be defensive about this by calling one person an idiot.. then calling others idiots and then calling me immature and just trying to provoke a reaction and yet fail to see that the only reactions there are in here are coming from your own posts and remarks... just stop posting? or keep it on topic and everyone can get along fine.

sigh... and yet you choose to hurl more abuse just after saying we can agree to disagree?

if you recall back .. or simply look back.. I was the first to answer your call of 'belgium players are overrated in the game' ... I was simply continuing with that...

nowhere did i have a laugh at you, i merely mentioned that calling someone an idiot and questioning their facts and research when you can't even get the names right yourself is asking for trouble..

and my point stands... you choose to be defensive about this by calling one person an idiot.. then calling others idiots and then calling me immature and just trying to provoke a reaction and yet fail to see that the only reactions there are in here are coming from your own posts and remarks... just stop posting? or keep it on topic and everyone can get along fine.

Where exactly have I hurled abuse at you? All I did was point out that there was no real need for you to make that comment. How you can think that is "hurling abuse at you" is beyond me?

My point stands, anyone who abuses a fellow poster on this forum is an idiot. I was posting on topic fine until this idiot abused me just for having a different opinion and I will continue to post on this forum as much as I like thank you very much!

Like I said, it is my opinion that Belgian footballers have been vastly overrated on this game, so let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Dembele and Fellaini were both recovering from injury, hence their manager chose to be careful not playing them every game i suppose. Both players are currently linked with moves to bigger clubs. Dembele to Tottenham looks like the most realistic one.

Nainggolan captured his second international cap last week against Romania when he came on as a substitute. But he made a mistake nearly leading to a goal.

Dembele and Fellaini played well yesterday against France (0-0).

try and debate properly.
if they were really as good in real life as they are rated on the game, I would have at least heard of them

Top debate skills on display there. No one is saying the Belgium players are all world beaters. But they have a crop of players that have come through which should ensure that they have a decent squad for the next few major tournaments, and it would be good to see a non top-tier European country punching above its weight. I for one would love to see them do well.

I haven't heard of Nainggolan, but he seems like a good find. Tempted to start up a Malaga save, and I might take a look at him.

anyone managed to sign him in the first season?

Got him in first season for 16.5 mil+ (3 mil upfront 48 month loan ) Long process of bid and negotiating . They keep on asking for 20-25 mil. I stand firm and keep lowering the price and suddenly they ask for 16mil+ . :p

Top debate skills on display there. No one is saying the Belgium players are all world beaters. But they have a crop of players that have come through which should ensure that they have a decent squad for the next few major tournaments, and it would be good to see a non top-tier European country punching above its weight. I for one would love to see them do well.

I haven't heard of Nainggolan, but he seems like a good find. Tempted to start up a Malaga save, and I might take a look at him.

Apparently he's set Serie A alight IRL. Here's a little compilation of him:

[video=youtube;Z35iJqoPkIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35iJqoPkIg

Like I said, I am not denying the Belgians have some promising youngsters coming through, but only Vermaelen and Kompany have proven theirselves consistantly in a top league. Hazard plays in a good French league, but there are better leagues out there and until Hazard goes into a top league to consistantly prove himself against the worlds best, I don't think you can class him as a top player. A player can easily raise their game to perform in Europe a few times a season, take Celtic and Rangers with their runs in Europe for instance, but none of those players would last in a top league over a full season, with the exception of Henrik Larsson and Gattuso. You say Martens is tearing the Eredivisie apart, but so did Afonso Alves, and he failed miserably in the Premiership. You mention players like Fellaini but he's in and out of a mid table Everton team, he is a good player, but he isn't world class. The same with Dembele, who's in and out of the Fulham team. Lukaku and Vertonghen from what I have seen have the potential (like Hazard) to develop into top class players, but the others on your list need to play at a higher level against better players before we can confirm if they are really as good in real life as the game suggests.

Oh, another "if he hasn't made it in the EPL he's a nobody" guy? Just because you haven't heard of a player doesn't make him "overrated". In fact, because you haven't heard of de Bruyne makes me think you don't know too much about football since he's constantly linked with Chelsea. Just because Afonso Alves flopped didn't mean everyone will.

So Suarez was overrated until last year when Liverpool bought him, right? and Kun Aguero was just some kid until the big EPL giants of City bought him?

To be fair, he said a top league, not EPL. Not that I'm not saying EPL isn't a top league but let's face the truth, the French & Dutch Leagues are below the Big 4 ( Bundesliga, Primera Liga, Serie A & EPL ).

Yes, but you can tell he's insinuating EPL. The only "good" Belgian players are two that happen to play in the EPL. Yes, the French Ligue isn't on par with the EPL, but I'd say week-in week-out it's MORE challenging because anyone can win anywhere. If you're not in the top 4 good luck winning an away game against a better side.

Oh, another "if he hasn't made it in the EPL he's a nobody" guy? Just because you haven't heard of a player doesn't make him "overrated". In fact, because you haven't heard of de Bruyne makes me think you don't know too much about football since he's constantly linked with Chelsea. Just because Afonso Alves flopped didn't mean everyone will.

So Suarez was overrated until last year when Liverpool bought him, right? and Kun Aguero was just some kid until the big EPL giants of City bought him?

You haven't understood any of my post at all have you? I suggest you learn to read and then try debating properly again. At least Maestroik can understand what I am saying.

Nothing wrong with my debate skills, at the end of the day, good players get noticed, average players don't. I bet you can name the Man Utd/Barcelona teams, but could you name Newport County's line up? Bet that you can't and that's because Newport don't have the best players, so they are not as well known. You seem another one in this thread trying to belittle me for having a different opinion to yourself. I apologise if I think Belgian players are overrated on the game, maybe in a few years time I will be proved wrong, but only time will tell that.

I used to buy this guy in FM11 whenever I was the equivalent of a mid-table EPL side. Very consistent player but he didn't progress as much as I thought he would. Looks quite good this year and looks to develop quite well a few seasons in.

Another good young Belgian that people don't seem to have mentioned in here is Koen Casteels. Great young keeper who was also a good buy last year. Looks even better in this version. :thup:

Archived