FM12: Radja Nainggolan

Anxiietyyy

Nothing wrong with my debate skills, at the end of the day, good players get noticed, average players don't. I bet you can name the Man Utd/Barcelona teams, but could you name Newport County's line up? Bet that you can't and that's because Newport don't have the best players, so they are not as well known. You seem another one in this thread trying to belittle me for having a different opinion to yourself. I apologise if I think Belgian players are overrated on the game, maybe in a few years time I will be proved wrong, but only time will tell that.

Oh dear oh dear. :D:D:D So you want to compare a top prospect which big clubs like Chelsea are after to players from Newport. No way to compare really. There's no problem with you believing Belgians are overrated, but saying some top prospect isn't one simply because you haven't heard of them in real life is laughable. Top talents are top talents, how well they are known depends on their media exposure, and so naturally top talents from Spain are more noticed than top talents from countries like Belgium. Saying that, Chelsea has been chasing De Bruyne for a while, if you haven't heard of him then you haven't been following your football news.

You're terrible, stop trying :D

Oh dear oh dear. :D:D:D So you want to compare a top prospect which big clubs like Chelsea are after to players from Newport. No way to compare really. There's no problem with you believing Belgians are overrated, but saying some top prospect isn't one simply because you haven't heard of them in real life is laughable. Top talents are top talents, how well they are known depends on their media exposure, and so naturally top talents from Spain are more noticed than top talents from countries like Belgium. Saying that, Chelsea has been chasing De Bruyne for a while, if you haven't heard of him then you haven't been following your football news.

You're terrible, stop trying :D

My point is obvious and if you can't grasp what I am saying, then it's pointless continuing this debate. Some people have their own opinion without having the knowledge to debate properly and see things from another perspective and it appears you're one of those people.

My point is obvious and if you can't grasp what I am saying, then it's pointless continuing this debate. Some people have their own opinion without having the knowledge to debate properly and see things from another perspective and it appears you're one of those people.

Pointless indeed, you're simply clueless. Your point is that you haven't heard of them because they aren't that good in real life, and that is not an opinion, that's a terrible sweeping statement. I have said how some kids receive more media exposure because they're from top countries like Spain, so everyone is obviously more aware of them instead of some talent from Belgium, and you've just proven that by how everyone in this thread so far knows him and you don't. I shall not be posting anymore either cause you just won't admit you're wrong, and so not worth wasting my time over.

Pointless indeed, you're simply clueless. Your point is that you haven't heard of them because they aren't that good in real life, and that is not an opinion, that's a terrible sweeping statement. I have said how some kids receive more media exposure because they're from top countries like Spain, so everyone is obviously more aware of them instead of some talent from Belgium, and you've just proven that by how everyone in this thread so far knows him and you don't. I shall not be posting anymore either cause you just won't admit you're wrong, and so not worth wasting my time over.

Me clueless? I think you'll find it's you who's the clueless one. These Belgian players, including Nainggolan, are rated as world class players, yet some people in this thread are saying this is the first time they've heard of Nainggolan (I am not the only one). Now if these Belgians ARE world class players, EVERYONE WOULD HAVE HEARD OF THEM as world class players play for the BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN THE BEST COMPETITIONS! Now, I watched CSKA Moscow v Lille the other night, and Eden Hazard put in a great performance. Eden Hazard is the type of player who has the POTENTIAL TO BECOME A WORLD CLASS PLAYER. To be classed as a world class player (which is how these Belgians are rated in FM), the players needs to CONSISTANTLY PUT IN GOOD PERFORMANCES AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS/OPPOSITION IN THE WORLD. The fact that the majority of these Belgians have yet to consistantly test theirselves against top class opposition on a regular basis because they are not in a top league (which in my opinion, is EPL, La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga) means in my opinion, they cannot be rated as world class players on FM. Therefore, I think these players are overrated as they are not rated as players with the POTENTIAL to become world class players (which is what they are in real life), they are ALREADY rated as world class players. I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this and I will not be wasting anymore time contributing to this thread, but hopefully you will now finally understand what I am saying here, and at least see my side of the debate whether you agree or disagree.

i think the issue comes from you seeing the stats and comparing them blindly with other players around... nainggolan's stats this year are judged on how he's been playing...

and fairly imo..

take his most prominent stats for instance... there aren't many in his league that are more determined than him from the handful of games ive seen, he's a total workhorse... and his actual stats for the league show this... he's been top of the tackling, miles covered etc charts or close to it and he is now starting to show his worth..

what i disagree with, is that you think purely because his stats show him to be on par with some of the most well known players in the world means he's overrated... i see it that his stats reflect his actual attributes as a player irl... the fame and recognition and reputation as a 'world class player' will come later (possibly) .

just discovered him on my game after he was offered to me by his agent, and his stats blew me away, so I came on here and searched for his name, thus bringing me here. About to sign him for Man Utd at the start of my second season (for £15 million), already rated as my best holding player, him and Ganso together could dominate.

Me clueless? I think you'll find it's you who's the clueless one. These Belgian players, including Nainggolan, are rated as world class players, yet some people in this thread are saying this is the first time they've heard of Nainggolan (I am not the only one). Now if these Belgians ARE world class players, EVERYONE WOULD HAVE HEARD OF THEM as world class players play for the BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN THE BEST COMPETITIONS! Now, I watched CSKA Moscow v Lille the other night, and Eden Hazard put in a great performance. Eden Hazard is the type of player who has the POTENTIAL TO BECOME A WORLD CLASS PLAYER. To be classed as a world class player (which is how these Belgians are rated in FM), the players needs to CONSISTANTLY PUT IN GOOD PERFORMANCES AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS/OPPOSITION IN THE WORLD. The fact that the majority of these Belgians have yet to consistantly test theirselves against top class opposition on a regular basis because they are not in a top league (which in my opinion, is EPL, La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga) means in my opinion, they cannot be rated as world class players on FM. Therefore, I think these players are overrated as they are not rated as players with the POTENTIAL to become world class players (which is what they are in real life), they are ALREADY rated as world class players. I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this and I will not be wasting anymore time contributing to this thread, but hopefully you will now finally understand what I am saying here, and at least see my side of the debate whether you agree or disagree.

I guess Neymar, Ganso, Vertonghen, M'Vila and the lot are overrated? Have you thought that maybe they're not ready for the move yet? There's world class players in so called "lesser" leagues everywhere.

Struggling to get him to work for my Liverpool team, playing him as a ball winning midfielder (support) and it just isn't working at all.

How is everyone else playing him?

CM (Automatic) with Pastore on the left as an Adv. Playmaker (Attack) and Marvin Martin on the right as a Deep-Lying playmaker (support)

• 2 months later...

Update:

6898g0.png

As you can see, he's developed into a neat player. I was unsure of him until I loaned him out to Villareal, where he would go on to be come, in terms of average rating, their best player. Since then, he's been a starter in the box-to-box role and he's been superb, scoring some cracking goals from long-range and some very important goals too! :thup:

(added to OP.)

£10m for this lad is a bargain.

I actually bought him with The Strongest of Bolivia when he's 33 and he was a fantastic tutor for the next three seasons and one of the best players on my team. I wish I could show you a screenshot, but he's long retired now.

Archived