Strategy help

I've been trying to get some help on this for awhile now.

I read an article by WWfan for FM 11 here is a bit from it where I need a little bit more help.

Reputations: Consider the odds and try to work out the best way to beat them

•Long odds favourite: Patience may be needed as the opposition will invariably sit deep

•Favourites at home: Take advantage of the home crowd backing and hit them early

•Favourites away: Control possession until heads drop

•Close odds: Don't take too many early risks

•Poor odds: Try to frustrate and hit on the break

•Terrible odds: Try to frustrate and silence the home crowd

Just wanting to find out what strategies people would use in these situations?

•Long odds favourite: Patience may be needed as the opposition will invariably sit deep ------ Control (try to draw them into the tackle to create space)

•Favourites at home: Take advantage of the home crowd backing and hit them early ------- Attacking (Use this for first 20mins grab a early goal or two then drop down to standard to tighten up a bit)

•Favourites away: Control possession until heads drop ------- Control/standard (Use for first 20 mins then change to standard or poss attacking depending on how your team is playing)

•Close odds: Don't take too many early risks ------ Counter/Standard

•Poor odds: Try to frustrate and hit on the break -------Counter/defensive

•Terrible odds: Try to frustrate and silence the home crowd ------- Defensive/Attacking (YOu can start either way be tight then try hit attacking to grab a goal just after half time or try grab an early goal by starting as attacking then switching to defensive.

I managed my first season with Rangers and I have to say I played on Standard most of the games seemed to suit me best I got better results using that. I think I big part comes down to match prep. Bigger than we may think. I played a lot of the season with the ass man taking control of match prep but I then took control and found I got much better results that way.

•Long odds favourite: Patience may be needed as the opposition will invariably sit deep ------ Control (try to draw them into the tackle to create space)

•Favourites at home: Take advantage of the home crowd backing and hit them early ------- Attacking (Use this for first 20mins grab a early goal or two then drop down to standard to tighten up a bit)

•Favourites away: Control possession until heads drop ------- Control/standard (Use for first 20 mins then change to standard or poss attacking depending on how your team is playing)

•Close odds: Don't take too many early risks ------ Counter/Standard

•Poor odds: Try to frustrate and hit on the break -------Counter/defensive

•Terrible odds: Try to frustrate and silence the home crowd ------- Defensive/Attacking (YOu can start either way be tight then try hit attacking to grab a goal just after half time or try grab an early goal by starting as attacking then switching to defensive.

I managed my first season with Rangers and I have to say I played on Standard most of the games seemed to suit me best I got better results using that. I think I big part comes down to match prep. Bigger than we may think. I played a lot of the season with the ass man taking control of match prep but I then took control and found I got much better results that way.

Thanks. When you tighten up, do you use shouts? I'd look at using, play narrower, drop deeper

to be honest I actually try my best to avoid using the shouts too much I find the more changes I make to my side the harder things get.

I try to keep it simple unless my ass man continues on about the same stuff over and over. For example he mentioned before that we need to take a step back as we had too many fouls ( 2 fouls after 20min ) he was still saying it at the halftime and I still had only 2 fouls where as the opposition had double that.

So i done nothing try to see what he says and what you are seeing then maybe use some shouts.

Archived