Premier League with English players only

GillyBeavis

Nope its a joke.

Not a joke, its just more work and research, SI cant mother us through everything, we have to do some things for ourselves. I think also direct editing of little things might cause licence issues, not entirely sure on that.

Anyway if you have the time it might be an interesting project.

I've re-created the Premier League and added the "0 foreign players rule" as you suggested, unfortunately if a player has lived in England for a few years it doesn't class them as foreign. Obviously after a while those players would retire and no new foreign players would join the league as they wouldn't be able to play, but this still gives an advantage to the teams with the current foreign players who can play.

I've re-created the Premier League and added the "0 foreign players rule" as you suggested, unfortunately if a player has lived in England for a few years it doesn't class them as foreign. Obviously after a while those players would retire and no new foreign players would join the league as they wouldn't be able to play, but this still gives an advantage to the teams with the current foreign players who can play.

Is this because of second nationality? This along with "trained in nation" can be changed manually but not mass edited

Is this because of second nationality? This along with "trained in nation" can be changed manually but not mass edited

I'll take a look at that tonight after work, I wouldn't mind going through all the foreign players manually if it made it English players only. Doesn't appear anyone else has made that database already so if I get it sorted I'll update here.

Was trying to think which teams would be affected least/most. Man Utd and Man City would be fine, Arsenal and Chelsea would possibly struggle though. My team (Sunderland) would most likely line up like:

Pickford

Brown Bramble Turner Bardsley

Gardner Cattermole Colback Richardson

Wickham Noble

Not too much different to now to be honest, but all teams would have to draw on their youth setup.

You could take a look at league rules in editor, thought I seen a rule where premierleague allowed players from ''european union'' countries to move to league. maybe you can remove this but dont know if will solve problem

Sounds plausable, in the nation section there is a tab where you can tell it what nations or areas to treat as "non foreign" this may also help if it is causing the problem.

I'll take a look at that tonight after work,

So you are at work... working? or was this written on a "break"??? :D :D :D

*hastily hides the tab from boss as he walks by while poster comments on how others "should be working at work"

Not a joke, its just more work and research, SI cant mother us through everything, we have to do some things for ourselves. I think also direct editing of little things might cause licence issues, not entirely sure on that.

Anyway if you have the time it might be an interesting project.

It is a joke, we purchase a game and with it comes an editor, how you don't even have the ability to use an existing league structure as base is a joke. To change one simple rule in a league, we have to re-create EVERYTHING from start dates to prize money, its ridiculous.

It is a joke, we purchase a game and with it comes an editor, how you don't even have the ability to use an existing league structure as base is a joke. To change one simple rule in a league, we have to re-create EVERYTHING from start dates to prize money, its ridiculous.

Or it might not be legal... the owners of the league have a right to not have it tweaked, if we choose to make the effort to completely redo it then maybe that's fine with them as its "changed" enough. Personally I accept the limitations of the editor and "find another way" to do things :D its half the fun, twice the effort (at least)

Always thinking positive!

Archived