Overawed by teams with larger reputation

I'd say assume your inferiority and play on defensive or counter and try to hit them on the break or nick a goal with set pieces..

Doesn't work all the time and you need a reliable defence to achieve it but it will get you a result now and then.

set pieces - - i have scored from one corner and one free kick in two seasons.....

That's kind of low.. even with default settings you should be scoring a few more goals from set pieces.

What formation are you playing, a 442? And on what division? You could try a different formation for those sort of games i suppose.

I am playing Ryman Prem, level 7.

Normally play 4-1-3-2 formation, occassionally 442.

I normally go near post or 6 yard box and put a few players near pos, flcik on and on keeper

lol, thanks, I dont seem to be able to have those on the dropdowns, lol

Ha, sorry, use the shout Get Stuck In to get them to tackle hard.

To increase time-wasting you have to go to the tactics screen, click on team instructions, click on advanced. Four sliders will appear, one of them will be a time-wasting slider. You can also tell them to tackle hard in the team instructions.

Increasing time-wasting means you'll take your time over set pieces which decreases the time the superior team has on the ball. It also encourages your players to fall over more, hence gaining more set pieces which could be crucial.

A 4132 is very strong defensively in the central area in front of your goal, playing narrow and dropping deep (use shouts) is normally a safe bet for making you play even more defensive. I play a 451/433/41221 which has a similar strength in the middle, dropping deep,playing narrow and getting stuck in are a great combo against superior sides.

Archived