FM12: Gateshead Thread - Ho'way the Heed!

SeanH91

End of Season Review - 2011/12

After my impressive start we were eventually crowned Blue Square Premier Champions on the 7th April after a 4-0 win over Fleetwood, with 5 games to spare. Come the end of the season I ended up amassing a grand total of 111 point from our 46 matches, scoring 121 goals along the way. Despite netting an impressive 27 times in the league, Antoine Rasolofo still only managed to come 2nd in the league's goalscoring charts as Fleetwood striker Magno Vieira smashed the league's record by scoring 33 times. Hamed Sacko, Rasolofo's main striking partner, finished joint 6th in the standings with 18 goals. Our players lead the way with assists, Patrick Vaz setting up 21, and Yohan Guichard 18.

We were also lifting silverware for the 2nd time come the 12th May with a 3-0 victory over lowly Ilkeston earning us the FA Trophy. Wins over Bury Town, Fleetwood, Cray, Hampton & Richmond and Southport lead us to the Final.

Now despite winning those 2 trophies, my biggest and most proud achievement came in the famous FA Cup. The draw was very kind to us for our first 3 games in the competition, where we saw off the Met Police, Harrogate and Stockport quite easily. That put us into the hat for the 3rd round draw, and sure enough we got Premiership Norwich in an away tie. I was pleased to have come this far but obviously that was the end of the road for me. Not for my players though, who battled fantastically to draw 0-0 at Carrow Road, bringing the Canaries up to the North East for a replay. A bumper crowd at the International saw us go 1-0 down within 10 minutes, curtains I thought. 87 glorious minutes later the ref blew for full time with us 2-1 up, into the 4th round!

This time we had a huge draw, Newcastle United were coming to the Heed! The stadium was filled to capacity, where the crowd saw yet another amazing game, Gateshead AGAIN beating a Premiership side, this time 2-0.

Into the hat we went again, again we got a home draw but this time league leaders Manchester City. "We're definitely out now" I said to myself. Another capacity crowd turned up, and saw us once again go behind to an early goal. I was expecting the floodgates to open, but we battled and made it to half time just 1 goal down. Yohan Guichard was extremely knackered at the break, so I took him off and put loanee Patrick Nzuzi on the right flank. The second half commenced and City kept pouring forward, but my defence was rock solid, lead by Ben Clark. On the 84th minute, my half time substitute scored a goal Kun Aguero himself would have been proud of, smashing a beauty of a shot into the City goal from 25 yards. We held on and held on, City hit the post in the 89th minute but still they couldn't score. Then, in the 2nd minute of 2 added on, star man Rasolofo raced through past Kolo Toure and side footed past Joe Hart, winning us an incredible victory!

Unfortunately this is where the story ends, as mid-table Aston Villa were next, and proved to be a round too far as we lost 1-0 to a Richard Dunne header :( Nevertheless, possibly my greatest achievement with a low league, sorry NON-league, side ever! :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am now into January in the first season and we are still unbeaten in the BSP so far :).

October to December fixtures

gatesheadfixturesoctobe.jpg

For most of these games Tiago Tremonti has been out injured with a dodgy ankle although he is due back for our game with Fulham in the FA cup 3rd round. Claudio Zanchetta has stepped up to the plate though with a good number of goals.

I am getting sick of my backup players requesting transfers due to a lack of playing time, it never used to be this bad in previous versions of FM :(.

GATESHEAD TRANSFERS IN SEASON ONE.

gatesheadtransfersinsea.jpg

With me loading every player in the game I had a lot of choice as to who to sign and in the end I signed far too many players and I had to try and offload some in January as a lot of my players were concerned with the lack of harmony at the club.

The better players that I signed are Juan Scatoni, Tiago Tremonti, Claudio Zanchetta, Sebastian Masoni, Sebastian Buniva, Sebastian Galan, Robertino Rafaela, Gael Payet and Conor Newton on loan from Newcastle.

Players:

Fans Player of the Year – Ben Clark

Goals – Sone Aluko (AML) - 12

Assists – Sone Aluko (AML) - 20

Key Players – Sone Aluko (AML) & Ben Clark (DC)

Awards:

Manager of the Year – 2nd Place

Player of the Year – Sone Aluko (AML)

Players’ Team of the Year – Ben Clark (DC) & Sone Aluko (AML)

npowerLeague2Awards_AwardWinners.png

January to March fixtures in the first season.

gatesheadfixturesjanuar.jpg

We are on a great FA cup run after getting a rather favourable draw, well we have missed the big teams anyway and now we find ourselves in the semi final which we will play against Wigan Athletic later in April.

We got this far by beating Newport County, Colchester United, Scunthorpe United, Fulham, Preston North End and Coventry City.

We are also still unbeaten in the BSP and have already been crowned champions and we are still in with a shout of winning the FA Trophy were we are in the final and will play Luton Town.

So with just over a month to play this season which I will finish later today after I ve watched the Norwich vs Newcastle game, I can start to look at players for next seasons assault on League Two.

Gateshead end of season one review.

Blue Square Premier League Table.

gatesheadbspleaguetable.jpg

In The Cups.

FA cup semi final. Wigan Athletic 3-1 Gateshead (AET)

FA Trophy final. Gateshead 2-0 Luton Town.

FA Cup Fixtures.

gatesheadfacupfixturesi.jpg

FA Trophy Fixtures.

gatesheadfatrophyfixtur.jpg

The Squad.

gatesheadsquadendofseas.jpg

jayare35, your flying through the seasons here, well done on another promotion :). How many players/leagues have you got loaded ?

It only appears that I am flying through my save, I have already played two seasons before I started posting :).

I have the UK leagues and France loaded. I chose France because when I started my career in FM11 I was able to scout France immediately.

Col_nufc1..............Thats an amazing season mate........you have given me the incentive to start a Gateshead save lol.........what sort of revenue did you get from the FA Cup Semi?......must have set you up nicely for the League Two campaign?

It only appears that I am flying through my save, I have already played two seasons before I started posting :).

I have the UK leagues and France loaded. I chose France because when I started my career in FM11 I was able to scout France immediately.

I can still only scout the UK and Ireland :(, I ve asked the board loads of times to upgrade the scouting range and they always say no.

Col_nufc1..............Thats an amazing season mate........you have given me the incentive to start a Gateshead save lol.........what sort of revenue did you get from the FA Cup Semi?......must have set you up nicely for the League Two campaign?

Welcome to the thread Gazza :),

Last season the club had a income of £3.8m and a expenditure of £2.5m. The income was mainly from £1.2m came from prize money and £1.88m came from gate receipts

Welcome to the thread Gazza :),

Last season the club had a income of £3.8m and a expenditure of £2.5m. The income was mainly from £1.2m came from prize money and £1.88m came from gate receipts

Thanks mate.........I have started the save, cant find any of the decent players that other seem to find, which is disappointing......Reunion players not a problem though......

So far i have played 8......won 5......drawn 1.......lost 2 and in 5th position in the table.......lots of injuries, to an already weak squad.....have had one great result though.....

ketteringvgatesheadinfo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Season 3:

League 1 – 5th place

FA Cup – 2nd Round

League Cup – 1st Round

JPT – North Semi-Final

This season my squad was streaky. We started the season well and got a feel for the step up in class. We then went on an 11 game unbeaten run followed by a six game winless streak. We had another 7 game winless run but ended the season unbeaten in 8 with a loss on the final day of our season.

npowerLeague1Overview_Stages.png

No one really stood out head and shoulders above the rest but I gave some much needed playing time to some youngsters that I may sell in the near future. Stuart Geddes, a new addition, signed at 17 years old as an anchor man was the best of the bunch. Kevin Long another new signing this year added much needed speed to my central defence. And as always Sone Aluko had solid year contibuting seven goals and 15 assists from his wing.

GatesheadTeam_Players.png

I brought in a fair number of players over the summer to increase the playing skill of the squad. As mentioned above Geddes and Long were great in all year. A few other notables included MC Robbie Weir who was consitent all year and GK Przemyslaw Lukasik who solidified the position and wrestled the number one position away from our incubent.

GatesheadTransfers_History.png

On to the play-offs versus Swansea who we drew 1-1 at home and struggled on the road with a 1-0 loss, a match dominated by them outshooting us 17-5 and possesion 60-40. I will post updates with my progress during the playoffs and a chance to make it to the Championship!

Playoffs Semi-final game 1:

The game got off with a bang when Swansea’s Jazz Richards got sent off in the 10th minute. From there it was all Gateshead…is what I should have been saying but alas it was not to be. We dominated possession but only managed one shot on target. We now have to go away and score a goal to progress without penalties.

GatesheadvSwanseaInformation_Overview.png

Playoffs Semi-final game 2:

The game again got started early with Swansea scoring in the 2nd minute. Steven Thicot got us level in the 27th with a header from a free kick. We went in at half-time tied at 1-1 with every chance of advancing. It was not to be as Swansea scored in the 57th minute and we scored on our own net in the 92nd minute.

SwanseavGatesheadInformation_Overview.png

In all honesty I would have been happy to make it to 5th place at the beginning of the year but right now I am gutted. That first leg really killed us off being up a man and not being able to put them away. On to next season where I expect to make Swansea feel like minnows after they play us. On to the off season and a few more updates to come. I need to offload some spare parts and bring in a little more quality to compete for the League 1 title and some long cup runs to bring in some much needed cash. The first three years I have been bleeding red much to the dismay of our board.

Hi!

Actual Heed fan here. Ive finally got some time to play FM and will be playing a Gateshead save.

Can anyone thats done a few seasons tell me if our Real Life proposed Stadium move is in the game?

Not a big issue, just wondering how well the researchers did!

Unlucky in the playoffs jayare35, next year with a stronger squad you should be challenging for one of the automatic promotion places.

Welcome to the thread Bkftw, The stadium move isn't in the game although it might be added in a future patch.

Just started my 10th season as Gateshead.

3 consecutive promotions to start with, 2 seasons in the championship, then finished 9th, 2nd, 1st, 1st in the PL. Have also won the Champs league once and the FA cup and League cup once each.

Moved to a new stadium a few years ago.

Just signed a 32 year old Busquest! :)

Tottenham and City are the biggest team in England. Arsenal and Man Utd have fallen from grace big time.

Took the Brazil job a couple of years ago.

Just started my 10th season as Gateshead.

3 consecutive promotions to start with, 2 seasons in the championship, then finished 9th, 2nd, 1st, 1st in the PL. Have also won the Champs league once and the FA cup and League cup once each.

Moved to a new stadium a few years ago.

Just signed a 32 year old Busquest! :)

Tottenham and City are the biggest team in England. Arsenal and Man Utd have fallen from grace big time.

Took the Brazil job a couple of years ago.

Well done on your on Gateshead career so far :thup:, How many seasons are you planning to do with Gateshead ?

Whats your squad looking like now sqirg after playing 10 seasons ?

How big is your new stadium and what is it called ? let me guess The Gateshead Stadium like it was on the last few versions of FM.

The January transfer window has just closed and these were our transfers in the second season.

In January we managed to sign three Man Utd players on season long loans Robbie Brady, Ravel Morrison and Matt James with the latter only managing three games before he got a broken ankle during a match and is now out for three months.

We also managed to sign four youngsters from Clairefontaine who all have the potential to become good Premier League players according to my scouts and coaches.

Well done on your on Gateshead career so far :thup:, How many seasons are you planning to do with Gateshead ?

Whats your squad looking like now sqirg after playing 10 seasons ?

How big is your new stadium and what is it called ? let me guess The Gateshead Stadium like it was on the last few versions of FM.

Not sure how many seasons I'll do. Growing a bit tired of the day-to-day business of the game.

Got a pretty good squad so far, but still not at the point where the very top players want to join. Most players whinge about the standard of the training facilities.

Here's what my first team looks like:

Zieler (GK)

Rafael (RB) Dejan Lovren (CB) REGEN (CB) REGEN (LB)

Busquets (DM)

Kovacic (CM) Witsel/REGEN (CM)

REGEN (AMR) REGEN (AML)

REGEN (ST)

(Just realised most of my team is regens, LOL)

The regen striker I've got is probably the best striker in the world (currently with a record of something like 95 goals in 90 games). Unfortunately he's only got a year left on his deal and won't sign a new one with a £30m minimum release fee clause :S

The new stadium is just called the 'Gateshead stadium', and is only around 24000 capacity or maybe less. There have been lots of takeover rumours lately (probably because I've got the club in £60m debt, oops!) but nothing so far.

Bloody hell how did you manage to get £60m in debt :eek: ?

Any chance of a screenshot of your regen striker sqirg ? Can you not try to offer him a bigger loyalty bonus, sell on fee, bigger wages to try and get him to forget about the minimum release fee.

Bloody hell how did you manage to get £60m in debt :eek: ?

Any chance of a screenshot of your regen striker sqirg ? Can you not try to offer him a bigger loyalty bonus, sell on fee, bigger wages to try and get him to forget about the minimum release fee.

Got a bad habit of buying players over 48 months...

I'll upload a pic of my striker later. Won player of the month in August with 7 goals in 3 games!

Tried offering him 90k a week and he won't budge. Might have to break the bank on this one and offer him insane appearance fees, goal bonuses, etc.

Seem to get drawn against Juve every year in the Champion's League, and Conte's attacking 4-2-4 (or 4-4-2) formation is a real pain to deal with.

Got a bad habit of buying players over 48 months...

I'll upload a pic of my striker later. Won player of the month in August with 7 goals in 3 games!

Tried offering him 90k a week and he won't budge. Might have to break the bank on this one and offer him insane appearance fees, goal bonuses, etc.

Seem to get drawn against Juve every year in the Champion's League, and Conte's attacking 4-2-4 (or 4-4-2) formation is a real pain to deal with.

I try and stay away from 48 monthly installments transfers on long term saves.

Your regen striker looks amazing, I would offer him as much as you can to try and keep him at Gateshead.

GATESHEAD SEASON TWO REVIEW.

LEAGUE TWO TABLE.

gatesheadleaguetwotable.jpg

IN THE CUPS.

Carling cup 2nd round. Newcastle United 4-2 Gateshead.

FA cup 1st round. AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Gateshead.

Johnstone's trophy final. Gateshead 2-0 Coventry City.

JOHNSTONE'S TROPHY FIXTURES.

sfixturesinseasontwowin.jpg

THE SQUAD.

gatesheadsquadendofseas.jpg

STAR MAN.

tiagotremontiendofseaso.jpg

Early in pre season in season 3, I haven't managed to sign any real players yet but I have signed some really good regens that will be far to good for League One.

I signed a lot of players from Clairefontaine again and I have also found some good Russians and Austrailians that I have brung in on trial, I have got them to accept contracts but I am just waiting to see if they get work permits, knowing my luck though they won't get them :(.

Early in pre season in season 3, I haven't managed to sign any real players yet but I have signed some really good regens that will be far to good for League One.

I signed a lot of players from Clairefontaine again and I have also found some good Russians and Austrailians that I have brung in on trial, I have got them to accept contracts but I am just waiting to see if they get work permits, knowing my luck though they won't get them :(.

Clairefontaine is a goldmine for young players.

Damn it !!!! the two Aussies and the Kenyan regens have had there work permits rejected :mad:, but the three Russians have got there work permits accepted :)

I have also signed Rob Jones, Remie Streete, Claudiu Coropca and Paul Reid and I am awaiting others to decide on which clubs to join.

I have had a very strange first season so far.......i went 13 games unbeaten, then lost 3 out of the next 4..........got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and lost 3-1 to Sunderland, after taking the lead in the 70th minute!............managed to sign Michael Wood (ex Chelsea)........gets himself injured for 5 weeks, then first game gets sent off after 15 mins........so misses another 3 games.........since he came back from the ban..........we have won 9 straight games..........we have gone from 7th to 1st on goal difference......have reached the Semi-Final of the FA Trophy, where we play Cambridge United........

10 more games in the league to go.......currently Gatehead, Mansfield and Fleetwood Town.......2 pts seperate all 3 teams.......we play Mansfield at home second to last game of the season!......should be a great finish!

I have had a very strange first season so far.......i went 13 games unbeaten, then lost 3 out of the next 4..........got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and lost 3-1 to Sunderland, after taking the lead in the 70th minute!............managed to sign Michael Wood (ex Chelsea)........gets himself injured for 5 weeks, then first game gets sent off after 15 mins........so misses another 3 games.........since he came back from the ban..........we have won 9 straight games..........we have gone from 7th to 1st on goal difference......have reached the Semi-Final of the FA Trophy, where we play Cambridge United........

10 more games in the league to go.......currently Gatehead, Mansfield and Fleetwood Town.......2 pts seperate all 3 teams.......we play Mansfield at home second to last game of the season!......should be a great finish!

It should be a very exciting end to the season for you Gazza, good luck :)

GATESHEAD SEASON ONE REVIEW:

bluesquarebetpremierove.png

We had a fantastic finish to the season, following on from my last post, we won all 10 games...........and Fleetwood and Mansfield collapsed........they made the play-offs, but neither of them reached the play-off final.......

FA TROPHY WINNERS:

gatesheadvwrexhaminform.png

Pretty easy run all the way through, pleased to have done the double though

PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

gazzanewsinbox.png

I MANAGED TO GET MANAGER OF THE SEASON:

gazzanewsinbox2.png

Just a few figures to go with the screenshots........

GARY WALES

Played 48 games

scored 31 goals

assists 21

MOM 13

Ave Rating 7.70

and also my favourite for the season, considering he missed 2 months through injury:

Pablo Counago

Played 32 games

scored 29 goals

assists 15

MOM 13

Ave Rating 7.69

Its a real shame these guys are mid 30's!!!

Now the search begins for players to play League Two!

Thanks guys.......really enjoyed it.......

Have just finished pre-season and considering the teams we played, i am happy with the outcome:

gatesheadfixturesfixtur.png

Col............i have looked for hours LOL......this is a screenshot of my squad and star ratings.......would welcome some advice and maybe some names!..

gatesheadsquadplayers.png

I realise it isnt the strongest, but i keep asking the board to extend our scouting and they keep refusing!!

Col............i have looked for hours LOL......this is a screenshot of my squad and star ratings.......would welcome some advice and maybe some names!..

Sean Thornton, Jordan Cook, Luke Young, Louis Dodds, Leon Johnson, John McCombe all good home grown in nation players on free transfers. Iain Williamson a very good winger from Raith cost about £3k.

Then in January I signed three players from Man Utd on loan Matt James, Robbie Brady and Ravel Morrison all were excellent for me.

Archived