Penalties

A couple of time I have a player who has scored 2 goals and then we get a penalty. Instead of my regular penalty taker taking it, the player who has 2 goals take sit and misses it. This has cost me a Champions League final. Dawson scored 2 goals in the final and then missed a penalty at 2-2 and then I went on to lose the match. Is there a way to force the penalty taker to be only the ones I selected?

If you have your panelty takers selected then the answer is no. You can't do anything extra to force a player to take a set piece. I also noticed that sometimes during a game a player who is deemed at that moment more capable (I presume) will take the setpiece over the normal setpiece taker. Seems like you had some really tough luck on that one.

This happens every time with me, if a player has 2 goals he is eager to get the hat-trick and the person that's supposed to take the set piece seems more than willing to step aside. That's life. Live with it. Maybe yell at him after the match if you are that pissed off. Don't know if it would have any effect though, exept on moral of course.

Archived