Psycho1970's European Super League incorporating the super 8's

psycho1970

DOWNLOAD

Psycho1970’s European Super League

The European Super League will run alongside a modified Super 8’s League System, anyone that’s downloaded and played the Super 8’s will know already how this works but if you don’t visit the Super 8’s thread HERE. And see below for Modifications

The European Super League System

The 32 top teams from the above Super 8 nations will compete in a 11 Level league system based in England

European Super Elite 16 teams 4 teams relegated

European Confederate League 1 (2 sub-divisions) 2 up 3 down per sub-division

European Confederate League 2 (3 sub-divisions) 2 up 4 down per sub-division

European Gauntlet League 1 (6 sub-divisions) 2 up 3 down per sub-division

European Gauntlet League 2 (6 sub-divisions) 3 up 3 down per sub-division

European Gauntlet League 3 (8 sub-divisions) 3 up 4 down per sub-division

European Gauntlet League 4 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Underdogs League 1 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Underdogs League 2 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Underdogs League 3 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Underdogs League 4 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up no relegation per sub divisions

Modifications to the Super 8’s

Matches are now played on Wednesday and run from August – May

Euro Cup Competitions are now played the following season like they are in real life

6 leagues added to English league system to allow enough secondary divisions for the European super leagues

Leagues added are Super 8’s League 5, 6, 7 (8 teams per league) and English Conference Leagues 1, 2, 3 (16 teams per League)

Leagues 4, 5, 6, 7 will run from Aug – Feb where the teams will then enter the League Cup Feb – May

Added Conference League Cup for English Conference teams

League 3 has no relegation and league 4 no promotion in any Super 8’s Nation due to this would cause fixture issues if a team was relegated from said league and was playing in both league cup and a Euro Super League

Lower league teams (inactive) added to play in League cups in their respective nations apart from England

European Continental Competitions

European Champions Cup

The Winner of the National Top leagues (32 teams)

Group Stage (4 teams per stage) 2 Qualify

1st Round (2 legs)

Quarter Finals (2 legs)

Semi Finals (2 legs)

Final (1 leg)

European Cup Winners Cup

The Winner of the National FA Cup (32 teams)

1st Round (2 legs)

2nd Round (2 legs)

Quarter Finals (2 legs)

Semi Finals (2 legs)

Final (1 leg)

European Cup

The 2nd and 3rd Teams of the National Top Leagues

1st Round (2 legs)

2nd Round (2 legs)

3rd Round (2 legs)

Quarter Finals (2 legs)

Semi Finals (2 legs)

Final (1 leg)

Installation Instructions

Extract Zip file to C:\Documents and Settings\Psycho\My Documents\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2012\editor data

Start New Game

Change db if more than 33 files are loaded (select all Psycho1970’s ESL Super 8’s and Psycho1970’s ESL Euro Comps

Select England on Nations screen and any other Nations you want (teams will only be playable if their nation is selected)

Select English conference league 3 for England in Leagues Screen and the 4th League of the other nation/s(for full 32 teams in ESL)

Any feedback welcome

Enjoy

Psycho1970

DOWNLOAD

loaded this up to see if there was any drawbacks from your other super8 db and you have fixed the discipline and feb 29 international date problem but found another international problem very early in october 8th and 12th clash with superleague matches.

Will hold off fixing that for now, so if any other problems occur then I can fix them together rather than keep putting up new files to load, so what Im going to do is leave any fix until January unless a major bug is found.

The only thing I would say about this is if I move one fixture, other matches could move causing a another clash further along the line.

well if your not going to fix it at least let u-21s play because the 28 man squad rule doesnt work when clashing on international dates

Unfortunately you cant activate the u-21 rule for custom databases, which is a pain admittedly, will take a look at the fixture problem on tuesday, apart from this how are people finding it, good, bad, any suggestions on improvements that could be made ?

Going to take a look at the international fixture clash tomorrow, anyone noticed anything else that needs fixing, or do you have any suggestions on improvements that can be made or anything that can be added, would you like smaller teams reps/finances increased to balance out the leagues more fairly ?.

I have a question. I activated (from the editor) the Super 8's Italian Lower League and everything work fine except when i tried to swap 2 club from that league to another lower level italian league (the Serie C). Despite swapping the teams and showing the correct list of team (they still were 24 so there won't be errors with the cups) in the editor when i start a game the Super 8's Italian Lower League appear with the preset teams, not with the ones i added.

How do i change teams in that league?

@ DMaster2, Due The way I had to make this Db any changes have to be duplicated exactly on all 32 nations files unfortunately excluding add nation rules

I've just spent the majority of this evening working on a fix for the October international clash and unfortunately everything I changed either caused another clash or had games re-scheduled 1,2 days apart, the only thing that would possibly work is to add fixtures to the leagues but the editor only allows team vs team fixtures which with 1024 teams spread through 64 divisions/sub divisions is too time consuming and would only work for 1 season anyway, the other solution is to get of the squad registration which I believe would be a shame as it stops teams buying all foreigners and encourages them nurture the youth teams more.

dude too many clashes first off 2 in october first season then second season with 4 possibly by november with the play offs for me thats a clincher too much hassle and thats with me not even played yet what other problems could i come across.

Maybe im just being picky,good concept though

Until they make it in the editor that you can do fixtures for the leagues like you can for custom cups then your always going to get clashes, if anyone wants to do specific match fixtures then feel free I think off the top of my head its 256 per league/sub division so that would make 16384 entries, personally I can live with a few clashes rather than do that and you can always use greyed out players on the dates that clash.

After a little thought, for the people that don't like the international clashes I've decided to make a new European championship and world cup that will take place during the months of June & July, haven't looked to see if you can edit friendlies yet, but if its not possible then you still get the chance to withdraw players from friendlies anyway.

This is your chance to put your ideas forward on international tournament that you would like to see and the regularity of them, ie keep them 4 years apart and have other cups in between ie four nations or have them biannually, give us your thoughts.

PS this Db will be compatible with other Databases as well or usable with the default database :)

Good and bad news, On Tuesday night I started to work on a re-vamped European Championship & World cup. To start with in game it was saying the competitions draw date would be on 1-2-2012 and games would start on 8-6-2012 but after draw date had come and gone no games where scheduled, after a lot of blood, sweat and tears I finally got the EC working, however the WC only works for the 2014 period and then decides it doesn't want to know for 2018 onwards.

So unfortunately its going to take a little while longer, but when done will be compatible with not only the European Super League but all custom Db's that have international fixture clashes. Whilst doing this I've also been working on a fix for the Friendlies and am currently testing as I type.

I cant give a ETA on this as from tonight I'm going to be very busy at work (the one that pays) due to Xmas, but I will spend what time I can on this and get it released as soon as possible.

In under-19 Champions Cup, I saw Barcelona listed twice (one as Barcelona U19s and the other as just Barcelona. Other clubs that employ separate clubs for reserves and youth may be affected as well but I didn't pay attention. Some English clubs listed their main team instead. Since I'm Man Utd, I wonder if the fixture gets handled automatically by the youth team manager or will I have to skip it manually?

I didint touch the U19, champions cup, unless you take control of the u19's team its controlled by the youth manager, as soon as I have some spare time I will look into barcelona having 2 teams but I would think this is due to as you pointed out them having seperate clubs for reserves and the fact I enabled reserve and youth leagues for spain, thanks for spotting it and reporting it.:)

Ready for download is the fix for Fixture clashes with International matches please visit this thread for more info

@ i4n37 am going to take a look at the barcelona issue next.

How is everybody doing thats playing this, be good to get some feedback and to know who your managing and progressing with the game :)

Archived