Help! Error nation rules when creating new cup

flipfold27

I'm currently working on Malaysian Cup which the format is group stage followed by knockout rounds. I've set the teams to participate in it to 16. However once I have done my editing, once I click at "TEST NATION RULES" button, I've got an error stated that the numbers of teams in the 2nd round doesn't match with previous rounds. Can any1 help me please?

Comp rules should be set something like this -

Group Stage - 16 teams starting 8 teams qualify for next round

Quarter Finals - 0 teams start - number of matches 4

Semi finals - 0 teams start - number of matches 2

Final - 0 teams start - number of matches 1

where your probably going wrong is the teams start, this is only used if your entering teams at beginning or adding teams at a later stage

so if you entered 8 teams to start after the group stage it would look like this -

Group Stage - 16 teams starting 8 teams qualify for next round

First round - 8 teams start - number of matches 8

Quarter Finals - 0 teams start - number of matches 4

Semi finals - 0 teams start - number of matches 2

Final - 0 teams start - number of matches 1

Hope that helps.

ahh, season update date, the one that gives the biggest headache:D

This is linked to the season start and end date, This works on -2 +2 week basis approx, so depending how long your season is (11 months the max) if your league start date is 13th Aug and you want a super-cup played the week before, and your league end date is 12th may with cup final a week later then your season start date should be around the 3rd Aug and End date 29th May this allows a period open if fixture congestion occurs.

If you have promotion/relegation playoffs you may have to extend the season end date, allowing for a 1-2 week period after the the league end date thus pushing the update day forwards, I tend to have update day as 20th June though if playoffs are involved then its better to set it as 1st July.

Hopefully that makes sense, if you keep getting the error message just keep moving the update day forward, eventually your find the balance:)

Archived