Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

"Mr Livingstone, speaking from Singapore before flying back to the UK, said Londoners would not be divided by a "cowardly attack."

He said it was an "indiscriminate" attempt at slaughter with no consideration for age or religion."

I'm sorry, I know this is no place for politics but Livingston really is a log. "no consideration for age or religion"? wtf does that actually mean? Those Muslims should have targeted middle age Jews rather than teenage and elderly agnostics? Would a discriminate attempt at slaughter have been better?› </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he was trying to make the point it doesn't seem to be a racist attack

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Any news on the Kings Cross rescue operation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watching from Canada, and the networks here are saying that Kings Cross may be the worst hit in regard to casualties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Dejyothin:

Must be an embargo on certain news...

I've just had 2 different people report of 2 controlled explosions in Swindon, and also another person reporting an incident in Brighton.

Anyone here living in either Town that can confirm on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BBC mentioned something in Brighton about 11:15 when i first turned the news on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Dejyothin:

I've just had 2 different people report of 2 controlled explosions in Swindon, and also another person reporting an incident in Brighton.

Anyone here living in either Town that can confirm on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im in swindon (near it) my sister works in the town center. a whole area was taped off in the center of the shopping bit, i htink a suspicious package was found (at least what my sister said)

Anyone here living in either Town that can confirm on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone said earlier in the thread that there were stations there closed to the public, other than that I know nothing else...

Whoa, they're showing video from someone's camera phone on one of the underground cars.

Everyone's up and walking out of the subway system (the underground). Showing a couple of broken windows, apparently people were trying to get some air when the smoke filled the cabin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Hector:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Surely the fact people are able to commit atrocities like this make you less inclined to believe in a God? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utter b0ll0cks. Less likely to believe in the goodness of human nature. Basically completely irrelevant to any religion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it b******s?

It doesn't affect my opinion at all, one way or the other, but if I was inclined to such thoughts, then when bad things happen I'd imagine I'd be more likely to think "How can there be a god when this stuff happens?"

After all, if we talk about God as the creator, then he is responsible for that "human nature".

But this is hardly the time/place for that sort of debate, so let's leave it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's to say for sure god gives a ****? Mans idea of god is just that. Our actions don't prove or disprove anything.

Was watching this on American tv and for some reason they decided to go to New York and talk about there.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Any news on the Kings Cross rescue operation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watching from Canada, and the networks here are saying that Kings Cross may be the worst hit in regard to casualties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't King's Cross/St. Pancras one of the biggest stations, and at least of the ones hit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

"Mr Livingstone, speaking from Singapore before flying back to the UK, said Londoners would not be divided by a "cowardly attack."

He said it was an "indiscriminate" attempt at slaughter with no consideration for age or religion."

I'm sorry, I know this is no place for politics but Livingston really is a log. "no consideration for age or religion"? wtf does that actually mean? Those Muslims should have targeted middle age Jews rather than teenage and elderly agnostics? Would a discriminate attempt at slaughter have been better?› </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he means that there were likely to have been Muslims on the buses/trains too, so if it was Al Qaeda, they're also killing the people they're supposedly fighting for.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starky:

Any news from any SI employees? Obviously I didn't make it in, just wondered if you'd heard from anyone else? Won't be bothering trying to get in tomorrow either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK everyone is accounted for and OK at SI Towers!

Pool Meadow Bus Station has been evacuated

The Ring Road in Coventry has been closed and there's been a controlled explosion on one of the buses, getting to work is going to be fun today...

God, what an awful day.

Typically to pick a day like this, straight after the enourmous joy of getting the Olympics and London celebrating this happens.

I was in London this weekend, and have friends living there as well. Luckily they are all fine.

What a world we live in....

again, I don't want to speak out of turn, but they're probably blowing up every book bag Junior left on the bus and every bin of old newspapers on the sidewalk. bomb squads heading out to blow some crap to smithereens doesn't necessarily mean there was a bomb planted there. t

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reddiablo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starky:

Any news from any SI employees? Obviously I didn't make it in, just wondered if you'd heard from anyone else? Won't be bothering trying to get in tomorrow either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK everyone is accounted for and OK at SI Towers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Top stuff. Fingers crossed I'll be seeing everyone on Monday then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Robertson:

Croydon is still shut.

East Croydon station closed.

Shopping centres evactated.

Many roads closed.

Rumoured to be suspect package outside either the Nestle HQ or HSBC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like that. My only relatives living in or very close to London, live in Croydon. Keep me updated on this please.

again, I don't want to speak out of turn, but they're probably blowing up every book bag Junior left on the bus and every bin of old newspapers on the sidewalk. bomb squads heading out to blow some crap to smithereens doesn't necessarily mean there was a bomb planted there. t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree icon_smile.gif, people are on a heightened alert of suspiciousness (spelling?) so anything remotely like a bomb or a package they will assume the worse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

God, what an awful day.

Typically to pick a day like this, straight after the enourmous joy of getting the Olympics and London celebrating this happens.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just imagine if all this had happened DURING the olympic celebrations yesterday, doesnt bare thinking about.

of course it's a random attack, that's pretty much the definition of the terror part of terrorism. f </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's trying to stop the thickos from thinking it was aimed at a specific race which a thicko would feel gives an excuse to target whichever race thicko thought may have planned to attack.

consider yourself sacked

As far as I know, and from emails sent around the office - Everyone is ok.

For those not within walking distance to the office have been instructed to work from home today (unless they made it in earlier than the terrible incidents).

Whether this will effect us tomorrow, only time will tell!

Yes, I think this may help repair broken bonds within europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're definitely going to see a joint effort from many nations because of this. But, you're also probably going to see some arguments over this, some broke ties, or at least some nations not wanting to get involved...just like how it happened after 9/11.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Anyone here living in either Town that can confirm on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BBC mentioned something in Brighton about 11:15 when i first turned the news on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have missed that! - Keep switching between BBC News & Sky News.

Feck - just had a very panicky phone call from a colleague who's currently out in Canada.

She'd heard about the news and was trying to contact her brother who works in the City. She'd had no joy, but wasn't worried, until she got a phone call from the hospital.

Her brother was there with a broken arm, and multiple cuts. He'd been on one of the trains near Kings Cross.

She wasn't sure if he'd been hurt in an explosion, or in the panic trying to get out of the station.

icon_frown.gif

There were Muslims at WTC and in the Saudi attacks as well. They've already stated for the record that if they have to kill 10 muslims to get 1 infidel, that's alright with them. In fact, they specifically said that after running gun battles through the streets of Riyadh that left a couple dozen muslims killed. Whether or not it's actually cost them support on "the arab street" I guess is debatable.

It's not about whether Ken is racist, but that he's generally ignorant of anything that happens outside London and prone to running off at the mouth, 2 particular traits even most of his supporters attribute to him.

As far as I know, and from emails sent around the office - Everyone is ok.

For those not within walking distance to the office have been instructed to work from home today (unless they made it in earlier than the terrible incidents).

Whether this will effect us tomorrow, only time will tell! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, thanks for the update Paul.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oafcmetty:

Feck - just had a very panicky phone call from a colleague who's currently out in Canada.

She'd heard about the news and was trying to contact her brother who works in the City. She'd had no joy, but wasn't worried, until she got a phone call from the hospital.

Her brother was there with a broken arm, and multiple cuts. He'd been on one of the trains near Kings Cross.

She wasn't sure if he'd been hurt in an explosion, or in the panic trying to get out of the station.

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Sky just said about Brighton and Croyden... also Canarey Warf and Coventry they are trying to find out more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canarry Wharf too?

so that's three I know. I flatmate, 1 cousin and 1 acquaintance all there. Still chances of them being involved seems somewhat remote at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Have they evacuated Canary Wharf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>apprently there has been a insdent there icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A mates Dad works in for the Met and said that there is plenty more that will happen in London </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plenty More of??

Archived