Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by come_on_poolies:

Didn't realise how bad it was. =\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the link, mate - it's got a map at the bottom detailing where the explosions took place.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Well that was an interesting few hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How involved were you? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close to a few incidents (Russell Square and Taverthingy Place were ten mins from where I ended up) but not close enough to have any real worry.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skybluedave:

Sky are now reporting 45 people dead but I've heard rummors that it's a lot more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus Christ :/ icon_frown.gif

absolutely sickening anf horrific what has happened today...there is no other way of describing it. My heart goes out to those who may have loved ones wrapped up in the middle of this icon_frown.gif

As a muslim myself i'm sickened to the bottom of my stomach by this...it isn't really what we stand for no matter what some may look upon it/us as.

These people are f*cking animals.

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Well that was an interesting few hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How involved were you? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close to a few incidents (Russell Square and Taverthingy Place were ten mins from where I ended up) but not close enough to have any real worry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you're ok though icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

Anyone seen what they put on that al-Qaeda website?

Sick. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link?

Think the one thing that has surprised me is that they only targetted London, was expecting them to target 4 or 5 cities at the same time to take out the train infrastructure countrywide.

Say a bomb in Leeds, Manchester Picadilly, Birmingham New Street, a few in London and one in Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Mr Nice, is there an "official" worldwide organisation that represents most Muslims, or some sort of figurehead (like the pope for Catholics)?

If so, what is their stance on this sort of deeds?

Or is the Muslim world fractioned in little sects with each his own leaders?

(I feel pretty stupid for not knowing this)

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

listen, can you people f*ck off with the death toll for a while? it was an horrific attack and the number killed will not lessen

or amplify the nature of it. the last thing this thread needs (aside from ***** bitching about 24) is to turn into a f*cking

auctionhouse thread like the madrid bombing where every ******* comes out of the woodwork with a higher death tolll

For those that missed it:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The Secret Organization Group of Al-Qa'idah of Jihad Organization in Europe (Jama'at al-Tanzim al-Sirri, Tanzim Qa'idat al-Jihad fi Urupa)

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and the dauntless fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

O nation of Islam and nation of Arabism: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge from the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The heroic mujahidin have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahidin exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq

and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: " (O ye who believe!) If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Nice:

absolutely sickening anf horrific what has happened today...there is no other way of describing it. My heart goes out to those who may have loved ones wrapped up in the middle of this icon_frown.gif

As a muslim myself i'm sickened to the bottom of my stomach by this...it isn't really what we stand for no matter what some may look upon it/us as.

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the vast majority of sensible people know that not all muslims are pro Al Quaeda, and that they are an extremist faction who DO NOT represent the feelings of the religion as a whole.

Unfortunately it seems that the vast majority of religions have a small number of followers who just want to cause bloodshed and horror icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

He said: "They kept checking we were okay then they led us to the Methodist Church nearby and gave us a cup of tea."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAW icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phatty2003:

It looks like that was a response to the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what they claim at least. The skeptic in me says they just like to spread terror and kill civilians. That's what precipitated the invasion of Afghanistan anyway. Nobody denied there were terrorist training camps there. Iraq is a different story, of course, but Al-Qaeda has been anti-Iraq in general for a very long time. They're just trying to capitalise on anti-west sentiment by throwing Iraq in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

Massive respect for the emergency services. They seem to handle this all very well.

I also feel that it could have been a LOT worse, indeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

listen, can you people f*ck off with the death toll for a while? it was an horrific attack and the number killed will not lessen

or amplify the nature of it. the last thing this thread needs (aside from ***** bitching about 24) is to turn into a f*cking

auctionhouse thread like the madrid bombing where every ******* comes out of the woodwork with a higher death tolll </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, I remember the 9/11 thread on here when people were guessing that 20-30k had died in the attacks that day, when it was a smaller number who did perish...I'm sure we'll get a confirmed or estimated death toll later when the emergency services can report, instead of listening to the BBC/ITV estimating icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

Mr Nice, is there an "official" worldwide organisation that represents most Muslims, or some sort of figurehead (like the pope for Catholics)?

(I feel pretty stupid for not knowing this) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's interesting you mention this, the CIA have it as a possible scenario for the future, that there will be a Muslim equivalent to the Pope, who will have a political role.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Nice:

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh its a sad day. I wouldnt put the blame but at the small minority and i mean tiny minority who have given Muslims a bad name. These people make me sick too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The heroic mujahidin have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern and western quarters.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fraid not, guys. we're a bit tougher than that

Manchester Arndale they have all staff on alert looking for suspicious packages. Can only echo sorrow for what's happened and can hope the death count stay low, but it terms of what Al-Queida hopes to achive from this- this aint going to lead for the public wanting to leave Iraq, the British are'nt stupid enough to divide themselves on religous lines, nor will it scare people away from London in long term. It may put the country on heightened security alert, but as this IRA found, this will only harden people's resolve againsnt their cause, including many people who were anti-war or Muslim.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

Bomb threat at Victoria according to News Conferance :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? :/

New threat?

Well, just finished reading through all of this.

Glad to hear everyone from SI appears to be okay, and am happy for all of you who have heard from people you were worried about. Anyone who hasn't heard from people would do best to just stay positive - there are a number of reasons as to why they may not have contacted you.

This all seems pretty small-scale, but I really don't expect there to be a larger attack following; the way I see it, those responsible are just reminding the West that they can get to us if they really want to, and there's not a lot we can do to stop them. However, although we can't stop them, we seem to be able to do a good job in coping. Kudos to the emergency services icon14.gif

With regards to some of the posts in this thread, people should really think before pressing the Post Now button. Some comments were made in poor taste, some people's reactions to others were ill-judged, some of the speculation is just plainly ridiculous and people throwing rumours around is pointless without sources being referenced.

Jesus, Daaaaave is the responsible one in here, ffs!

(I feel pretty stupid for not knowing this) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for sunni's, in terms of 'worldwide' then no really. There are a few highly respected Imams who provide teachings that are accepted in terms of hadith( the prophets teachings) and ways to live and interpret Sharia law.

The Shi'a are a little different whereas they have Allotoyahs (e.g Sistani etc) who although really only provide teachings and views are more rigoursly followed and are almost in a position akin to that of the pope. The shi'as very much look to them as religious leaders.

due to this nuts the muslim world is very much faction to the point whereas sunni's fight against shi'a. Of course all the individual councils of each country will wholehaertedly condemn this, but they do not fall under a worldwide net.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

hopefully just some tit playing a prank

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle:

just woke up to hear the news, shocking as f*ck. I hope all the Londoners on the board are OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f*ck me Kyle, what sort of time is that to wake up!

Guest roadie_jack

Just had a quick look on NME.com and they are saying a few gigs have been cancelled tonight in London, which of course you'd expect.

I am due to go to the Marquee in Leicester Square on Saturday to see "The Dity Dreamers" wonder if it will be affected.

BTW I do realise the insignificance of the possibility of a cancelled gig compared to what happened today, and thoughs are with the capital.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

fraid not, guys. we're a bit tougher than that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am worried about the North, East, South and West part. Does that mean 4 major cities in these areas of the UK ?? I certainly hope not icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle:

just woke up to hear the news, shocking as f*ck. I hope all the Londoners on the board are OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3:30 in the afternoon? icon_biggrin.gif

What? :/

New threat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going through stations closed, and they said "Victoria is closed for now due to a bomb threat"

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

fraid not, guys. we're a bit tougher than that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am worried about the North, East, South and West part. Does that mean 4 major cities in these areas of the UK ?? I certainly hope not icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it is refering to London.

Archived