Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I'm just trying to get my head around the fact it was a number 30 bus blown apart, a bus I use here and there if it turns up (albeit in the other direction), a bus which could quite likely have gone past Riz on the way to where it blew up :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus the bus to my flat icon_frown.gif

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

the amount of people coming out of offices onto boats icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The pictures you can see now are where I got the ferry too... only we got straight on icon_cool.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiley Dan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I'm just trying to get my head around the fact it was a number 30 bus blown apart, a bus I use here and there if it turns up (albeit in the other direction), a bus which could quite likely have gone past Riz on the way to where it blew up :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering about that, heard it's Hackney through to Marble Arch, so surmised it probably went through Izzy. Have all checked in at SI?

Graeme icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I know we're all accounted for, aye.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Flintoff:

Some shocking pictures on here, including that one next to the bus...

http://flickr.com/photos/fgt/24234807/in/pool-bomb/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where? all i saw was crappy web screen shots and shots of bush.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

Girlfriend said on BBC they were saying Heathrow terminal 3 has been evacuated? Any news? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is this is probably nothing but people are going to be more wary now and so there will be lots of evacuations over things like left luggage which are really nothing but the police will want to be extra sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

where? all i saw was crappy web screen shots and shots of bush. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been at the Live XXX Webcams again haven't you icon15.gif

For any of you guys who saw this first hand or know people involved then my heart goes out to you. I know here (Australia) when the Bali bombings occurred almost everyone knew someone that was effected so i kind of know how you feel.

Whilst it's easy to get angry about this sort of thing we (as civilised people) need to show our strength by standing defiantly against their uncivilised warfare. I and everyone i know is feeling for you guys now. Stand tall.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregory_isaacs:

Fox News are now in OVERDRIVE as the Terror Level rises to Orange in New York </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how you can bare to watch that channel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregory_isaacs:

Fox News are now in OVERDRIVE as the Terror Level rises to Orange in New York </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how you can bear to watch that channel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

The group Al Qaueda (sp) have claimed responsibility thier web site. How on earth are these guys allowed to have their own web site ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>christ almighty icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I don't know how you can bare to watch that channel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its an illness - they both amuse and infuriate me at the same time,yet i cant seem to stop watching icon_frown.gif

i love sensationalism

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

The group Al Qaueda (sp) have claimed responsibility thier web site. How on earth are these guys allowed to have their own web site ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I don't think its hosted on geocities, or BT customer homepages

to be honest this hasn't dfone wonders for how people will see Muslims has it. it hasn't just affected peopple in London. Across the UK people will be even more sceptical about muslims on the astreet

for instance my RE teacher told me that she will always check if there are muslims on planes etc which is very sad but its gonna be the way it is from now on.

stupid minority giving a bad reputation of muslims.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nerf:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher 6-4:

Any confirmation or info on what has happened in Birmingham? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea. From the non-vantage point of my office window overlooking Fiveways island, everything looks same old same old.

I can assure you that the Hawthorns has not blown up because it looks undamaged from here, but that's about it icon_biggrin.gif. There's traffic congestion on Hagley Road but, well, it's Hagley Road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And not too far away, the other half's Wolverhampton bound bus was evacuated due to a 'suspect package' on board, around 2pm.

I guess there have been lots of such incidents up and down the country.

Fortune saved us from a bigger casualty list. One of the trains was not far from the station when the explosion happened.

Had it been slightly later, the train would have been at the platform and many more casualties could have happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

The group Al Qaueda (sp) have claimed responsibility thier web site. How on earth are these guys allowed to have their own web site ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I don't think its hosted on geocities, or BT customer homepages </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeah http://www.al-qaeda.geocities.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

to be honest this hasn't dfone wonders for how people will see Muslims has it. it hasn't just affected peopple in London. Across the UK people will be even more sceptical about muslims on the astreet

for instance my RE teacher told me that she will always check if there are muslims on planes etc which is very sad but its gonna be the way it is from now on.

stupid minority giving a bad reputation of muslims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your RE teacher?? she should be preaching the opposite should she not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

stupid minority giving a bad reputation of muslims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>your RE teacher.

sweet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

your RE teacher?? she should be preaching the opposite should she not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's what I thought icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starvin:

Glad to hear that everyone at SI is alright. I feel much anger but don't know who to direct it to icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

infopop?

and it was registered in nottingham

Registrant:

Self

Hmdan street

abu dhabi

abu dhabi, abu dhabi 25852

AE

Domain name: AL-QAL3AH.COM

Administrative Contact:

Qalaah, Qalaah tech37@lycos.co.uk

Hmdan street

abu dhabi

AE

+972.506258852

Technical Contact:

Qalaah, Qalaah tech37@lycos.co.uk

Hmdan street

abu dhabi

AE

+972.506258852

Registration Service Provider:

PIPEX Communications Hosting Ltd, services@123-reg.co.uk

+44.115-917-0000

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/

This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,

DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

And she's allowed to teach kids RE?!?1 icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No wonder everyone in this country is a *******

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starvin:

Glad to hear that everyone at SI is alright. I feel much anger but don't know who to direct it to icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

infopop? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the extremist mother****ers that did this are a step up from Infopop, but only a slight step up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Site http://www.al-qal3ah.com

Last reboot unknown

Domain al-qal3ah.com

Netblock owner Everyones Internet, Inc.

IP address 64.246.51.50

Site rank 2811450

Country US

Nameserver ns1.hostworld4u.net

Date first seen unknown

DNS admin root@plain.rackshack.net

Domain Registry opensrs.net

Reverse DNS ev1s-64-246-51-50.ev1servers.net

Organisation Self, Hmdan street, abu dhabi, abu dhabi, abu dhabi, 25852, United Arab Emirates

Nameserver Organisation Self, Hmdan street, abu dhabi, 25852, United Arab Emirates

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ho hum this is fun.

Ev1.net is deffo American, hosted in Houston, bit of a dodgy place to put one of these sites :/

Thats of course if this is where the message was posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoista!:

Hope a lot of things are cleared up by Saturday. What a time to have a flight to London icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from where the incidents were, London should be fine on Saturday. The way the BTP, Met, TfL, and LU spoke is that they want the system back up and running asap.

This has been on the Radio every 15 mins at work, getting fed up of the same stuff already.

Heard some guy saying "at least it was a chemical attack". Why? Where is the evidence that they are even planning one? We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats. Infact nothing to suggest they would. Its just all the politicians scaring people for no reason at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

This has been on the Radio every 15 mins at work, getting fed up of the same stuff already.

Heard some guy saying "at least it wasnt a chemical attack". Why? Where is the evidence that they are even planning one? We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats. Infact nothing to suggest they would. Its just all the politicians scaring people for no reason at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't the japanese underground attack chemical?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't the japanese underground attack chemical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Sarin iirc.

Wasn't the japanese underground attack chemical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant England hasnt had any previous chemical attacks or threats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

It's important to remember how many previous attacks going back to 2000 British security forces have foiled so far, including one involving chemicals/gas iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that something about a ship in the channel?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack O'Sullivan:

only last year.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was referring to. People dont tend to pay much attention to these foiled plots and some even write them off as some kind of political attention grabbing schemes :/

Archived