Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't the japanese underground attack chemical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant England hasnt had any previous chemical attacks or threats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all the more reason to remind us of the threat.

pleased to see a lack of panic and 'fear' with this, in general. we're a tough lot.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We havent had any previous chemical attacks or threats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant England hasnt had any previous chemical attacks or threats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pleased to see a lack of panic and 'fear' with this, in general. we're a tough lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darned tootin'. If the Hun couldn't break us this lot won't

Hiya boys and girls

A eventful day in the office, I got let out of work early as did most people working in the city.

This morning was fu(ked up.

Three people who i worked with were on the train that exploded at aldgate. Two were alright and only had to walk down the tube tunnel but another friend was taken to hospital, it wasn't nothign serious, just cuts and bruises and damage to his ear.

shocking what can happen,

Another friend who works in embankment was in the Euston area when the bus blew up, he was only on the bus cos of the problems at kings cross affecting the tube.

My friend who works at UBS got evacuated but lives near the area where the bus blew up.

A suicide bomber tried to get into Citigroup building, (my friend works there) but he got shot.

Canary wharf is closed and i have to walk from the city to canary wharf where i live.

damn terrorist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

we're a tough lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's necessarily a national trait, it's just human instinct really. It's a shame that it sometimes takes something terrible before you see people at their strongest.

pleased to see a lack of panic and 'fear' with this, in general. we're a tough lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree deerokus icon14.gif

from what i've read in reports, we seem to be more peeved that we can't get to where we need to in london, than panickingand fearing.

One of my mates was going to London today, luckily though the train was late and when he got to London the blast had already happened and he had to come back to Coventry. If the train hadn't have been late then he would have been in the underground when it happened. Pretty scary.

Coventry station was also a target so it was worrying when he coming home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A suicide bomber tried to get into Citigroup building, (my friend works there) but he got shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er what now? link?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Darned tootin'. If the Hun couldn't break us this lot won't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

The guy arrested in 2000 in England (I think?) with various Al-Qaeda materials was also involved in the Nairobi embassy bombings... And the list of arrests and foiled attacks is very long in England and also in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, US, Indonesia, Turkey, etc.

Point is that these people have been trying to carry out attacks since the early 90s with intermittent success -- and any specific causes/events/reasons are attached to successful attacks post factum by the cell taking responsibility.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A suicide bomber tried to get into Citigroup building, (my friend works there) but he got shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er what now? link? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was an email which my friend who works at citigroup told me via email.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romeo:

that was an email which my friend who works at citigroup told me via email. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It also happens to be totally untrue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romeo:

A suicide bomber tried to get into Citigroup building, (my friend works there) but he got shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Official confirmation of this??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LycanGav:

A suicide bomber tried to get into Citigroup building, (my friend works there) but he got shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Official confirmation of this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCFC 4 EVA:

Coventry station was also a target so it was worrying when he coming home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cov wasn't a target mate, they just closed the station for paranoia's sake.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LycanGav:

Official confirmation of this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scotland Yard have denied this. This did'nt happen,the Police said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

Darned tootin'. If the Hun couldn't break us this lot won't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

Amazing that they'd hit Edgware Road, one of the biggest Arab communities in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These kind of people couldn't care less of who they kill, just as long as tpeople die.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Official confirmation of this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is actually an official negation of any of such facts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCFC 4 EVA:

Coventry station was also a target so it was worrying when he coming home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cov wasn't a target mate, they just closed the station for paranoia's sake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next they'll be targeting Slough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

is there a brave soul that might separate the facts from the ******** for some of us that may not have news availability where they are currently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>cnn.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

is there a brave soul that might separate the facts from the ******** for some of us that may not have news availability where they are currently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What information do you require kind sir ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Official confirmation of this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is actually an official negation of any of such facts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On sky news,there was a press conference with Police,Ambulance,Fire Brigade,Bus,and train Companies all involved. This question was asked,and the police denied it there and then.

tbh someone probably heard a bang and hit the deck, and then people around him started making assumptions. the fact that there was absolutely no blood and the fact that he probably got right back up again had no bearing on the amazing story of the sniper who gallantly killed the terrorist just before his attack

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

Cov wasn't a target mate, they just closed the station for paranoia's sake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that was my initial reaction but you never know. There are bigger targets than Coventry, and if they're going to attack a city in the midland then they would obviously go for Birmingham.

is there a brave soul that might separate the facts from the ******** for some of us that may not have news availability where they are currently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 incidents. 3 tube and one on a bus.

33 confirmed dead on the tube with the number on the bus unconfirmed. 21 of the deaths were from the Kings Cross/Russel Square blast.

A website, claiming to be connected to al-qaeda, claims responsibility.

Guest roadie_jack

PS as i am stuck in the city, i don't seem to be able to recieve make any calls on the mobile,

anyone know what is happening with the mobile networks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah they are down as a result of what happened today, networks are to busy. Also someone (from another board) mentioned that bombs can be activated by mobiles and that is why they have closed down the network. Don't really believe it personally, but interesting theory.

PS as i am stuck in the city, i don't seem to be able to recieve make any calls on the mobile,

Sky News are saying because everyone is trying to make calls,Mobile Phones have been down for a while,but they are now slowly coming back to normal.

The moblie networks limit their service to aid the emergency services. Should be back to normal later on.

anyone know what is happening with the mobile networks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Vodafone was quiesced for the emergency services as far as I heard; T-Mobile was working for me.

Yeah, when we were in the lobby at the offices in Cabot Square I was wondering if it really was the best place to be icon_biggrin.gif

Look unless someone physically has pictures or video evidance of someone being shot can we please just stop saying that a suicide bomber was shot in canary wharf. Getting quite tiresome now.

Just glad that it wasn't a lot worse than it really could have been.

It does kind of look a little like we were caught on the hop but it was good to see people didn't panic or trample over everyone to escape.

They are saying the Mobile Phone networks did not Limit thier servies,just too many peopkle are trying to use certain services at the same time.

But hey are saying services are coming back to normal now,as Moblies networks affected are working on this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

Amazing that they'd hit Edgware Road, one of the biggest Arab communities in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These kind of people couldn't care less of who they kill, just as long as tpeople die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that's what I was implying icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roadie_jack:

Yeah they are down as a result of what happened today, networks are to busy. Also someone (from another board) mentioned that bombs can be activated by mobiles and that is why they have closed down the network. Don't really believe it personally, but interesting theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was going round my office, cos the o2 network couldn't get reception and the vodafone network wouldn't allow you to make outgoing calls

I didnt know that, the radio here is reporting that this was in a "financial district" - arent the Asian districts in East London? King's Cross area is where the big train station is, isn't it?

On occasions such as this, where people tend to forget about all those 'foiled' plots, I'm reminded of what the IRA said after the Brighton bombing that very nearly killed Thatcher and the entire cabinet. To paraphrase:

'Today, you have been lucky. However, you will need to be lucky every time - we only need to be lucky once.'

ok, so aside from the initial blasts, there has been no other disturbances? and anything blown up elsewhere has not shown to have been bombs yet?

tbh, it's no worse than it was when I left for work this morning, and that I must admit is somewhat of a relief.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roadie_jack:

Yeah they are down as a result of what happened today, networks are to busy. Also someone (from another board) mentioned that bombs can be activated by mobiles and that is why they have closed down the network. Don't really believe it personally, but interesting theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that is possible. They rig up the battery and stuff from a mobile to a bomb and when a signal comes in it can trigger a bomb. It was invented in the 80's and used pagers instead or something. Well that's what i heard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

I didnt know that, the radio here is reporting that this was in a "financial district" - arent the Asian districts in East London? King's Cross area is where the big train station is, isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the financial district is the city of london and canary wharf.

the city of london is from aldgate in the east, to holborn/chancery lane in the west.

there is a big asian community to the east of aldgate next to the city of london.

Archived