Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

George Bush simply escalated violence, instead of using peacefull methods and resoultions, he decides to strike back by going to Iraq after 9/11 with ******** reasons and doing what terrorist did in America, but this time to Iraq and thats killing innocent people. When you strike back with violence, its a simplyt vicious circle that never ends and today unfortunately that was Al Qaeida's retaliation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ironic how he mentioned these evil people killing innocent people. Pot.Kettle. Black

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

George Bush simply escalated violence, instead of using peacefull methods and resoultions, he decides to strike back by going to Iraq after 9/11 with ******** reasons and doing what terrorist did in America, but this time to Iraq and thats killing innocent people. When you strike back with violence, its a simplyt vicious circle that never ends and today unfortunately that was Al Qaeida's retaliation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What peaceful methods?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

action, reaction, reaction, reaction, etc etc etc someone has to stop it somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arr, when one side has been annihilated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

except no-one has both the balls and the means necessary to do it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

What peaceful methods? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

or simply just not bombing the **** out of random countries.

Nah I blame both, the perpetrators for being asshole for killing innocent people and George Bush for doing the samein Iraq </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iraq is at war. This would be like him bombing Cairo or somewhere just because they´re not western enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iraq was at war because officially George Bush said he has full beliefs there is weapons of mass destruction, which also lead to the diversion of letting go Ben Laden just to hunt down Saddam Hussein. Of course, the fact that Bush has ties with the oil business and a past with the oil business has nothing to really do with the war in Iraq,oh noooooooo.

Remember this, guns and tanks can never stop a feeling as powerful as hate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

or simply just not bombing the **** out of random countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afganistan and the Taliban regime were a perfectly legitamte target after the 9/11 attacks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

Ironic how he mentioned these evil people killing innocent people. Pot.Kettle. Black </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL that reminded of my mate who in similar situation always says "hello pot, this is kettle calling" icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by haze.13:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

Ironic how he mentioned these evil people killing innocent people. Pot.Kettle. Black </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL that reminded of my mate who in similar situation always says "hello pot, this is kettle calling" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the first time i have ever used that phrase in my life icon_cool.gif

Just read the last 16 pages or so. Shocking. Especially some of the initial reports, which thankfully, turned out to be false.

Obviously I'm shocked but I'm not really surprised. There have been many foiled attempts and something like this is relatively easy to do. I'm glad everyone on here is ok (?), but still, a very sad day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synthahols_for_Girls:

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

or simply just not bombing the **** out of random countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afganistan and the Taliban regime were a perfectly legitamte target after the 9/11 attacks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was refering to Iraq, not that I believe it is the cause of this, again with Afganistan, it may have been a "legitimate" target but going to war there has certainly not stopped terrorism either way, as shown by today, you could argue that it's escalated it if you like, but you'll never get rid of terrorism while the underlying causes are there. The more you try and control them the more they try to fight against it.

Iraq was at war because officially George Bush said he has full beliefs there is weapons of mass destruction, which also lead to the diversion of letting go Ben Laden just to hunt down Saddam Hussein. Of course, the fact that Bush has ties with the oil business and a past with the oil business has nothing to really do with the war in Iraq,oh noooooooo.

Remember this, guns and tanks can never stop a feeling as powerful as hate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with Iraq making the UN and the west look like a bunch of ineffectual arses while Saddam set himself up as an Arab champion, then?

From CNN:

US to raise terror alert level to orange.

NY mayor Michael Bloomberg: "Britain stood with us in our time of need after 9/11 and we will do whatever they need."

Rudy Giuliani in London to give a speech. Was only a block away from Liverpool St. station.

When will you leftie's realise 10 times more people would have been killed under Saddam for christ sake!!! He was an evil man who should have been removed from power years ago! Iraq has nothing to do with this. These animals responsible should be tortured for their actions today.

Remember this, guns and tanks can never stop a feeling as powerful as hate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? They are the only thing that can stop it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synthahols_for_Girls:

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

Afganistan and the Taliban regime were a perfectly legitamte target after the 9/11 attacks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was refering to Iraq, not that I believe it is the cause of this, again with Afganistan, it may have been a "legitimate" target but going to war there has certainly not stopped terrorism either way, as shown by today, you could argue that it's escalated it if you like, but you'll never get rid of terrorism while the underlying causes are there. The more you try and control them the more they try to fight against it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It neither stopped it, nor escalated it -- attacks and attempted attacks at the same type of targets around the world have been going on for the last 10+ years, with more in the last 5 years. There are no "underlying causes" that the West can do anything about.

What peaceful methods? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compassion and love wouldnt hurt from a country. Why is it when I go outside of my country, we canadians are viewed as a peacefull nation and most of the country's have a positive view of Canada compared to an American. Why??? Because unlike the US, Canada is never the agressor, they always go out to aid other countries, for example when Haiti were hit with a huge flood last year, did the US go there and help them??? Heck no, Canada who is less richer than the US had telethons and fund raisers to help them out. Even when the Rwanda genocide, Canada went out there and giving clothes and food for the victims of the genocide. Canada and the US are so close to each other, but when you go outside of those two countries, you could tell which one has a negative view and the one with a positive aspect.

Eh? They are the only thing that can stop it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how about a big hug?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

From CNN:

US to raise terror alert level to orange.

NY mayor Michael Bloomberg: "Britain stood with us in our time of need after 9/11 and we will do whatever they need."

Rudy Giuliani in London to give a speech. Was only a block away from Liverpool St. station. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My colleague's wife works in emergency planning and suchlike for Goldman Sachs and got woken up at 5:30am EST to go straight into work as these reports came through. She was apparently a bit of a wreck as she knew her husband was in London but could find out nothing because he had his phone off as he was in the meeting with me.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rudy Giuliani in London to give a speech. Was only a block away from Liverpool St. station. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, he was on British TV about an hour back

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

I was refering to Iraq, not that I believe it is the cause of this, again with Afganistan, it may have been a "legitimate" target but going to war there has certainly not stopped terrorism either way, as shown by today, you could argue that it's escalated it if you like, but you'll never get rid of terrorism while the underlying causes are there. The more you try and control them the more they try to fight against it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Underlying causes my arse. You don't honestly believe that even if the West acquiesced to the demands of these fools that that will be the end of it, do you? icon_biggrin.gif

These "people" want the middle east free of western "influence", does that mean no more aid money whenever they have another tsunami or earthquake?

And also, have they actually polled all the populace of the middle east so that they're all singing from the same hymnsheet, eh?

No, they haven't. Because they couldn't give a flying one about anythingor anyone else other than seeing the world under the Islamic Crescent. And yes, that would be a bad thing. For Bacon producers if noone else.

Compassion and love wouldnt hurt from a country. Why is it when I go outside of my country, we canadians are viewed as a peacefull nation and most of the country's have a positive view of Canada compared to an American. Why??? Because unlike the US, Canada is never the agressor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

canada is never a target either

Horror show.

One of my best mates from uni - I'm living with him next year - was on a train going towards Liverpool Street when it happened, the train stopped for ages and then went backwards, he was stuck all day and was going to take him hours to walk home

Another friend, who goes to the Royal Academy of Music, used the number 30 bus every morning to get to the Academy... It was the number 30 that was blown up near Russell Square!

No-one I know has been affected as far as I know, although with this sort of thing it's case of everyone knows someone who knows someone who has been affected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveHammer:

When will you leftie's realise 10 times more people would have been killed under Saddam for christ sake!!! He was an evil man who should have been removed from power years ago! Iraq has nothing to do with this. These animals responsible should be tortured for their actions today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that was a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Republican Party icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doog:

Compassion and love wouldnt hurt from a country. Why is it when I go outside of my country, we canadians are viewed as a peacefull nation and most of the country's have a positive view of Canada compared to an American. Why??? Because unlike the US, Canada is never the agressor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

canada is never a target either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats because we dont go out and bomb other countries

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Utter Utter Loser (Ned):

Another friend, who goes to the Royal Academy of Music, used the number 30 bus every morning to get to the Academy... It was the number 30 that was blown up near Russell Square!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He used it when he was studying there earlier this year I mean, he's thankfully safe in Buckinghamshire atm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doog:

Thats because we dont go out and bomb other countries </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's also not a target criteria. unlucky.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Hans Blix icon_cool.gif

Underlying causes my arse. You don't honestly believe that even if the West acquiesced to the demands of these fools that that will be the end of it, do you? icon_biggrin.gif

These "people" want the middle east free of western "influence", does that mean no more aid money whenever they have another tsunami or earthquake?

And also, have they actually polled all the populace of the middle east so that they're all singing from the same hymnsheet, eh?

No, they haven't. Because they couldn't give a flying one about anythingor anyone else other than seeing the world under the Islamic Crescent. And yes, that would be a bad thing. For Bacon producers if noone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ofcourse not, all I'm saying is you can't stop terrorism by force.

Canada looks icon_cool.gif My mates are over there at moment, would like to visit it one day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martin Palermo:

Ah fook horrible news, I know people in London (Uxbridge though)

Anyone know if Uxbridge is close to any of the bombing incidents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I work in Uxbridge and part of the the high street was shut, some of the shops were evacuated as we had a bomb scare near the bus station. Hence that was closed too.

Uxbridge is miles away from any of the explosions

Think we should nuke mecca in retaliation, that'd teach the feckers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea!!

Uxbridge is miles away from any of the explosions

Think we should nuke mecca in retaliation, that'd teach the feckers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bingo?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

that's also not a target criteria. unlucky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honnest, I would rather not be a target, so thats why im glad I live in Canada where I know it does not support any war unless there's a good reason like World War 2 (we had no choice, Hitler was taking over Europe and there was proof that he was also interested in taking over North America too).

My other half (of the "Will I ever get my tea?" thread fame), is caught up in all this again, just two weeks after she didn't get home until 1:30am.

Thankfully, she's safe, having got to london just after the tube was closed, and therefore walking past russell square to holborn about ten minutes before the bus exploded.

Having decided to come home at about 2pm, when the only main line station open was Waterloo, she's travelling London to Doncaster via Staines,Reading and Birmingham

As I said, at least she's safe. Sympathy to those who aren't icon_frown.gif

Trains have been gridlocked outside the city today too. Almost every station I encountered (travelling from Southampton to Birmingham) had extreme security measures in place.

Most worrying moment was when police made our train pull to a stop, officers boarded and made sure that every bag was accounted for... and for a few minutes there was a large bag in our carriage whose owner couldn't be found...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

This sort are the people to blame, tbh.

See? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Organisations quite openly advocating islamic world dominance? Have you seen the list of some of their most esteemed "thinkers"? Look up a few of 'em.

Or do you think of them as a peaceful organisation for world domination?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pop shot:

Blair: Terrorists wont succeed.

Erm, looks to me like they already did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's what i was thinknig at work today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pop shot:

Blair: Terrorists wont succeed.

Erm, looks to me like they already did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depends on their objectives tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

This sort are the people to blame, tbh.

See? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Organisations quite openly advocating islamic world dominance? Have you seen the list of some of their most esteemed "thinkers"? Look up a few of 'em.

Or do you think of them as a peaceful organisation for world domination? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course icon_smile.gif

And:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 4- Political Activism: By putting political programs for "Islamising" government in different countries (after realistic studies), and establishing these programs thru the convenient ways which do not conflict with Islam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Sky News reporting a suspect package on a bus outside Victoria station now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs :\

Archived