Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<long c'n'p>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have known Bert would come storming in. icon_biggrin.gif

tbf, the MiG-21 was a tough customer against the F-4s in Vietnam. The rest of them though were regularly outperformed by US-produced fighters.

Were they better than the Mirages the South Africans were flying while under an arms embargo? Sure. That doesn't make them OMG, WHAT A ****ING GREAT JET!!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RE teacher? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my RE teahcer ahs some wierd biews on this situation....look a few pages back

the teacher is only trhere to pick up the salray tbh. just lets us watch videos about moral evil and natural evil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

you make finding osama sound so easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the troops weren't pussy footing around out there and showed some aggression where it was needed and to hell with whatever the pakistanis have to say he'd be caught by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

religion is overated tbh.

killing people for godicon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Religion is the reason all this **** happens its really winding me up people blaming Tony Blair, george Bush etc... yes they suger coated reasons for going to Iraq, but go back to how all this started and it is religion... religion is the cause of all eveil damn it! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMLF:

RIP victims of these terrorist attacks. icon_frown.gif

I didn`t read the full thread, so can anyone tell me how these attacks are affecting the English government reputation and if the British tend to have the same behave the Spaniards had after the Madrid attacks? I mean, will the UK try to face the terrorists like America did after Sep 11 or will they do like Spain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

Initial reaction seems to be one of annoyance, not fear. We are not SPics, young sir. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

I think Blair said more or less straight away we won't back down against terrorism - and rightly so in my opinion icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

There is no way we will withdraw troops etc. It was a funny situation in Spain though as it came very close to an election... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for these answers. I agree the UK must not show weakness against these terrorists.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The One And Joey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

I believe in many other major European cities that major train station have metal dectectors etc. Its tough to do it for London stations however due to the sheer volume of people passing through these stations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that is no excuse. Look, what's better, people being delayed by an hour tops or people loseing their lives? Trains, planes, buses, every mode of transport seems to be a potential weapon for these terrorists. Whatever the cost, get them installed.

I had my doubts about this war on terror, but the events of today show exactly why everything the US and the rest did was justified imo, we need to stop these.

I may not live in Britain, but I simply don't feel safe anymore. Having heard what happened today I cancled my trip into the city centre via the train to do some shopping because they could strike at any time. I mean I'll use the trains again soon but this obviously leaves an impression and until the people are seen to be doing something to secure these potential terrorist bomb areas we'll never really feel safe on them again.

Metal detecters, ID cards, maybe random inspections of suspicious looking people useing public transport, whatever needs to be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately its not feasible to check absolutely everything, it would cause mass delays everywhere and people just wouldn't be able to get on with their lives (which is exactly the type of disruption terrorists want to cause)

We can't afford to live in fear, the best thing to do is try and carry on with normal everyday life. No-one says it will be easy, and a large number of people will be scared, but what other choice do we have ??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synthahols_for_Girls:

Note the bit about air forces not being able to attack the Taliban fighters once they cross the boarder into pakistan.

Like Fek, if your in hot persuit bomb the feckers to hell,

OBL's supposed to be in there somewhere, send forces across the boarder to search for him

and if the paki's compalin tell them to fek off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to remember Pervez is walking a tightrope. We will suffer now and then to keep him in power, but he's our best hope there against fundamentalism. Pakistan is where many militants come from, but that's what he inherited - it weren't his doing. If he allows us onto his soil life will become difficult and probably much more concise for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The One And Joey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

if the troops weren't pussy footing around out there and showed some aggression where it was needed and to hell with whatever the pakistanis have to say he'd be caught by now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH General Musharraf has been pretty forthcoming in his support for the War on Terror and his country has suffered attacks by Al Qaeda also...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMLF:

RIP victims of these terrorist attacks. icon_frown.gif

I didn`t read the full thread, so can anyone tell me how these attacks are affecting the English government reputation and if the British tend to have the same behave the Spaniards had after the Madrid attacks? I mean, will the UK try to face the terrorists like America did after Sep 11 or will they do like Spain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The initial response has been one of strength by the government, the Prime Minister pretty much said out Policy on terrorism will remain the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Synthahols_for_Girls:

look can we work out who did this and how before planning which country to invade next? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the BBC this morning

Note the bit about air forces not being able to attack the Taliban fighters once they cross the boarder into pakistan.

OBL's supposed to be in there somewhere, send forces across the boarder to search for him

And if they respond with violence, then what? Start a war with Pakistan? Just cos Bin-Laden may be there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

killing people for godicon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Religion is the reason all this **** happens its really winding me up people blaming Tony Blair, george Bush etc... yes they suger coated reasons for going to Iraq, but go back to how all this started and it is religion... religion is the cause of all eveil damn it! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know no christians who aren't in it just for the christmas including me.

never go to church and i just think its way to overated religion....it just feels that as christianity is dying islam is growing.

maybe wrong it just feel that way

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<long c'n'p>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said I was sorry, damn yer eyes! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Unfortunately its not feasible to check absolutely everything, it would cause mass delays everywhere and people just wouldn't be able to get on with their lives (which is exactly the type of disruption terrorists want to cause)

We can't afford to live in fear, the best thing to do is try and carry on with normal everyday life. No-one says it will be easy, and a large number of people will be scared, but what other choice do we have ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see where you're coming from jep on your two main points there. But people may be reluctant to get on with their lives as it is. How many people may never travel on a bus again now after this? Yes there will be delays, but maximum security is the only way to make people feel secure. Everything I said and a whole lot more is the minimum that needs to be done. Delays would be a price worth paying. Doing nothing is what they want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

killing people for godicon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Religion is the reason all this **** happens its really winding me up people blaming Tony Blair, george Bush etc... yes they suger coated reasons for going to Iraq, but go back to how all this started and it is religion... religion is the cause of all eveil damn it! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, umm ******** tbh.

Its a persons view on ideals and mostly a megalomaniacs idea of holding power over other people.

Religion to these people is just an useful hatred, it can also be racism , xenophobia or governmental choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

But then I could be totally wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to cherish this post for eternity. :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emphasis on *could* icon_smile.gif

I still have the Eta comment locked away icon_smile.gif

if the troops weren't pussy footing around out there and showed some aggression where it was needed and to hell with whatever the pakistanis have to say he'd be caught by now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH General Musharraf has been pretty forthcoming in his support for the War on Terror and his country has suffered attacks by Al Qaeda also... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not really so. There has been a revolving door policy with Al Qaeda members in Pakistan -- they appear to be rounded up periodically, and then let off again. Musharaff cannot afford to be too strong with them, because his own post is not secure enough and he doesn't want trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<long c'n'p>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, the MiG-21 was a tough customer against the F-4s in Vietnam. The rest of them though were regularly outperformed by US-produced fighters.

Were they better than the Mirages the South Africans were flying while under an arms embargo? Sure. That doesn't make them OMG, WHAT A ****ING GREAT JET!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never argued that MIGs are fantastic, only that the more modern models when flown by decently trained pilots have shown that they are more than capable compared to NATO equivalents. Just think it's a bit harsh to catogarize them all as "crap". I ask again, what's your take on the SU-27?

I believe in many other major European cities that major train station have metal dectectors etc. Its tough to do it for London stations however due to the sheer volume of people passing through these stations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that is no excuse. Look, what's better, people being delayed by an hour tops or people loseing their lives? Trains, planes, buses, every mode of transport seems to be a potential weapon for these terrorists. Whatever the cost, get them installed.

I had my doubts about this war on terror, but the events of today show exactly why everything the US and the rest did was justified imo, we need to stop these.

I may not live in Britain, but I simply don't feel safe anymore. Having heard what happened today I cancled my trip into the city centre via the train to do some shopping because they could strike at any time. I mean I'll use the trains again soon but this obviously leaves an impression and until the people are seen to be doing something to secure these potential terrorist bomb areas we'll never really feel safe on them again.

Metal detecters, ID cards, maybe random inspections of suspicious looking people useing public transport, whatever needs to be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't afford to live in fear, the best thing to do is try and carry on with normal everyday life. No-one says it will be easy, and a large number of people will be scared, but what other choice do we have ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I got the train back from Fenchurch St today and one thing I noticed was there we thousands of people outside the station trying to get in, but at no point was anyones bags checked. Which I was suprised about, it did seem they were more worried about getting people out of london than checking these sort of things. But then again When I was in Lloyds they were checking everyones bags, the took a minute or 2 each. That really couldnt be applied to a train as there could be up to 2000 people on one train, during th rush hour. And a metal detecter wouldnt help because there are alot of metal objects people carry to work with them alot more so than going to an airport. When you take the sheer number of people across the amount of stations in the London area, the time it would take would just be too much. However I do believe there should be alot more done for security on our public transport network. This I dont think would be the answer though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

A warning posted on the gamefaqs messageboard on Tuesday

You need to have an account to get on but this is what somebody said:

From: blue_spiritUK | Posted: 7/5/2005 7:33:06 PM | Message Detail

I know............ i'm just warning peopl to be extra careful on Thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that is true, that person who posted the comment should be tracked down and questioned by the authorities icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what exactly did he say? it might be just a coincidence

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

look can we work out who did this and how before planning which country to invade next? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

racism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no way, anybody with brown skin should be treated with the upmost suspicion. if they have a beard as well shoot on sight icon14.gif

TBH, Im not going to read 20 pages of this thread, but least to say that it is a real tragedy.

Although, I must say, and Im sure others are thinking it, but this is a direct result of invading Iraq.(I do believe the perpetrators have said this also) It just would'nt have happened otherwise.

And this is a consequence that those opposed to the war were saying from the beginning. It was obvious TBH.

The ghosts of Iraq are truly coming back to haunt the nation today.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

racism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no way, anybody with brown skin should be treated with the upmost suspicion. if they have a beard as well shoot on sight icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They live in Pakistan hence thir Paki's

Just as I live in britain so am a brit/pom/limey etc

I made no comment on the coulour of their skin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam Webb:

Well I got the train back from Fenchurch St today and one thing I noticed was there we thousands of people outside the station trying to get in, but at no point was anyones bags checked. Which I was suprised about, it did seem they were more worried about getting people out of london than checking these sort of things. But then again When I was in Lloyds they were checking everyones bags, the took a minute or 2 each. That really couldnt be applied to a train as there could be up to 2000 people on one train, during th rush hour. And a metal detecter wouldnt help because there are alot of metal objects people carry to work with them alot more so than going to an airport. When you take the sheer number of people across the amount of stations in the London area, the time it would take would just be too much. However I do believe there should be alot more done for security on our public transport network. This I dont think would be the answer though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>racial profiling, anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boltman:

<long c'n'p>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were they better than the Mirages the South Africans were flying while under an arms embargo? Sure. That doesn't make them OMG, WHAT A ****ING GREAT JET!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never argued that MIGs are fantastic, only that the more modern models when flown by decently trained pilots have shown that they are more than capable compared to NATO equivalents. Just think it's a bit harsh to catogarize them all as "crap". I ask again, what's your take on the SU-27? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Su-27 is an excellent fighter, especially in its engine life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

I think the Mig29 Fulcrum was also a jet of note tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No legs and crap missiles TBH

Now the SU-27 icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was referring more to the concept change of the Mig29F.

One of those against an F16 would be an interesting fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Is anybody here (Londeners esp) ****ed off at Blair tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but not because we get bus bombs once every 10 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

TBH, Im not going to read 20 pages of this thread, but least to say that it is a real tragedy.

Although, I must say, and Im sure others are thinking it, but this is a direct result of invading Iraq.(I do believe the perpetrators have said this also) It just would'nt have happened otherwise.

And this is a consequence that those opposed to the war were saying from the beginning. It was obvious TBH.

The ghosts of Iraq are truly coming back to haunt the nation today..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if this is al-queda it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with iraq

• SI Staff

My journey home tonight was a lot easier than i thought. Walked from Angel to Waterloo which took about an hour, was a bit weird seeing everyone walking to where they had to go and even walked past an Indian restaurant that was handing out free cans of coke to people icon14.gif

Su-27 is an excellent fighter, especially in its engine life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a MiG, though. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Su-27 ****es all over the MiG from a great height.

Is anybody here (Londeners esp) ****ed off at Blair tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am. What was he doing, leaving the G8 summit? The Arab press will report that the summit was disrupted, and the enemy has a success on his hands. icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karanfett:

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious?

The bombings are a direct result of the invasion of Iraq. (from the mouth's of the perpatraitors themselves)

No i think he handled it quite well today tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karanfett:

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious?

The bombings are a direct result of the invasion of Iraq. (from the mouth's of the perpatraitors themselves) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you serious?

The bombings are a direct result of the invasion of Iraq. (from the mouth's of the perpatraitors themselves) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, stop being silly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

The ghosts of Iraq are truly coming back to haunt the nation today..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if this is al-queda it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with iraq </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but thats rubbish. This was 100% about Iraq.

I am. What was he doing, leaving the G8 summit? The Arab press will report that the summit was disrupted, and the enemy has a success on his hands. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think it was disrupted, yes he came to London today but he is still expected to announce the results of the G8 tomorrow.

Su-27 ****es all over the MiG from a great height. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's trying hard to shoot the thread down, yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived