Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

Irrelevant is right. It has not (yet? emm yea) made anyone safer, but it also did not make London or NYC any more of a target for terrorists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we don't know that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Sorry, but thats just rubbish. They couldnt give a toss about how we live as long as we keep away from them.

Al-Queda was formed because of perceived Western "Zionist" agression towards Muslim states (Israel,US) and also with the ultimate goal of unifying the Arabian Peninsula into a radical Islamic state. This was because they saw "evil" western influences coming into their societies.

An attack on any Arabic State is seen by them as an attack on Islam as a religion, because that is the fanatics think.

If they abhor the way we live, then why is it that every Western Target since 9/11 has had involvement in Iraq? Did they pull then out of a hat? Like why not Ireland, where I live? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All our fault, then? Don't be so bloody ignorant. The organisations attacking us want to kill us or convert us - there is no other way. They use Iraq as an excuse - if we weren't there todays efforts would have been in the name of the Palestinians or whoever else they could think of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very much doubt that, besides for the original theft of the land and the Suez war, Britain has done very little in relation to the Palestinians.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregory_isaacs:

While Britains involvement in the war in Iraq was not the SOLE reason,it was certainly a reason for todays attack along with many other issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the reason for

a) WTC in '93?

b) Embasy + USS Cole bombings?

c) Foiled attack on Eve of 2000 in America?

d) Foiled attack in London in 2000?

e) 9/11?

Iraq war is irrelevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

America's support of Israel and perceived meddling in Middle Eastern Affairs for a,b,c, and e.

I'd be surprised if d actually happend TBH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea I heard that Scotland Yard (as well as German, French, Spanish, and Italian security forces) have fabricated news stories of arrests of scores of Islamist terrorists prior to 2003. Of course not. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiley Dan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The One And Joey:

Look despite what some people may want I still live in a country with free speech so I'm allowed express my opinion and that is simply how I read the situation, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to have it thanks to the democracy I live in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We've gone over this once before Joey, but you have to remember that part of that free speech is that people can argue against you, so don't be surprised if your opinion is challenged. The very subjectivity which you espouse as a strength is also a weakness, as because it is subjective it can be incorrect as it is correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right of course, I'm sorry, I'm just a little tense today which I'm sure we all are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karanfett:

Very much doubt that, besides for the original theft of the land and the Suez war, Britain has done very little in relation to the Palestinians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? The UK is the pro Israeli voice in the EU.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

Sorry, but thats just rubbish. They couldnt give a toss about how we live as long as we keep away from them.

Al-Queda was formed because of perceived Western "Zionist" agression towards Muslim states (Israel,US) and also with the ultimate goal of unifying the Arabian Peninsula into a radical Islamic state. This was because they saw "evil" western influences coming into their societies.

An attack on any Arabic State is seen by them as an attack on Islam as a religion, because that is the fanatics think.

If they abhor the way we live, then why is it that every Western Target since 9/11 has had involvement in Iraq? Did they pull then out of a hat? Like why not Ireland, where I live? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All our fault, then? Don't be so bloody ignorant. The organisations attacking us want to kill us or convert us - there is no other way. They use Iraq as an excuse - if we weren't there todays efforts would have been in the name of the Palestinians or whoever else they could think of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?? So you actually believe that they sat down and said, right, we want the whole of Briton to convert to Islam, how should we go about it??

Oh, I know, lets bomb a couple of trains and a bus!?! Then they will want to become Muslims!!

And they would never attack us over the Pals, as we are seen as relatively friendly to their causes, something the Yanks are not.

Yes these countries were involved in Iraq, but the attacks have been on major locations where most notice is taken. Eg one of the symbols of NYC was the World Train Centre, the "square mile" in London, Madrid. All places the world would take notice. I just think they have realised the worlds divided opinion of the Iraq war and are using that to cause more terror. In Spain it caused them to U turn on Iraq, in the UK it so far seems to have re afirmed our givernments desire to stop terrorism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karanfett:

Very much doubt that, besides for the original theft of the land and the Suez war, Britain has done very little in relation to the Palestinians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? The UK is the pro Israeli voice in the EU. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once more my incredible ignorance shines through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A-Team:

Irrelevant is right. It has not (yet? emm yea) made anyone safer, but it also did not make London or NYC any more of a target for terrorists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we don't know that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't *know* that, no. But we do know that if the Iraq war had not happened, Al Qaeda would not have sat back and said "Well, our work is done."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The One And Joey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Just found out that the bus that went off was near a mates house, luckly hes away in Mexico </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That really puts things in perspective imo, I have family who were in London two weeks ago, had they been there today I shudder to think what might have happened them, it's not worth thinking about it's really not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 1 in 189,189.189 recurring chance of being amonst the dead in London (if you take a 7 mio average and the 37 confirmd dead.)

Lottery is a better odds tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry, but thats just rubbish. They couldnt give a toss about how we live as long as we keep away from them.

So "evil" western influences like democracy and freedom are the reason why Al Qaeda were formed. Well that pretty much covers the fact that they abhor our way of life then. Many muslims choose to adopt western lifestyles, and these fanatics can't stand that.

I also seem to remember them bombing a small pacific (I think) Island a few years ago too tbh.

The reason they target countries like USA and UK are becuase they are seen as the main Capitalist nations. We also pose a threat to their plan for spreading their fanantical terrorist ideals, they want the world to be totally islamic with their fanatical ideals. Thats why we get targetted icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD:

Hard to believe that only 2 people died on that bus. Good mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they've only confirmed two deaths because they won't be able to piece the other bodies together - there was blood all over the building next to it ffs. i can't see many people getting off that top deck alive

i'm OK by the way icon_smile.gif

Eh? The UK is the pro Israeli voice in the EU. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong. The UK is no more pro Israel then any other EU Nation. And the EU tends to be impartial in the matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Just found out that the bus that went off was near a mates house, luckly hes away in Mexico </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That really puts things in perspective imo, I have family who were in London two weeks ago, had they been there today I shudder to think what might have happened them, it's not worth thinking about it's really not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live just around the corner from Kings Cross. I was passing Kings Cross station this morning at 9AM. I used to take the 205 or 30 bus to work every morning until a year ago. Do these coincidences put anything into prospective ?

The reality of these events is that people die and are injured. Having some tenious connection yourself or as an individual to London shouldn't make the slightest difference to your perception of the situation. Why do people feel they need this connection to feel empathy for those involved ?

Please don't think I'm deliberately targeting you but I find your views baffling in the extreme.

What?? So you actually believe that they sat down and said, right, we want the whole of Briton to convert to Islam, how should we go about it??

Oh, I know, lets bomb a couple of trains and a bus!?! Then they will want to become Muslims!!

And they would never attack us over the Pals, as we are seen as relatively friendly to their causes, something the Yanks are not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where the hell did I say this was an attempt to convert the UK to islam, ffs? This was a morale booster for the nutters, nothing more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

So "evil" western influences like democracy and freedom are the reason why Al Qaeda were formed. Well that pretty much covers the fact that they abhor our way of life then. Many muslims choose to adopt western lifestyles, and these fanatics can't stand that.

I also seem to remember them bombing a small pacific (I think) Island a few years ago too tbh.

The reason they target countries like USA and UK are becuase they are seen as the main Capitalist nations. We also pose a threat to their plan for spreading their fanantical terrorist ideals, they want the world to be totally islamic with their fanatical ideals. Thats why we get targetted icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that I'm afraid to say, I think we're simply dealing with people who are barely anything more than animals

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam Webb:

Yes these countries were involved in Iraq, but the attacks have been on major locations where most notice is taken. Eg one of the symbols of NYC was the World Train Centre, the "square mile" in London, Madrid. All places the world would take notice. I just think they have realised the worlds divided opinion of the Iraq war and are using that to cause more terror. In Spain it caused them to U turn on Iraq, in the UK it so far seems to have re afirmed our givernments desire to stop terrorism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, but I refuse to take you even remotely seriously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

I live just around the corner from Kings Cross. I was passing Kings Cross station this morning at 9AM. I used to take the 205 or 30 bus to work every morning until a year ago. Do these coincidences put anything into prospective ?

The reality of these events is that people die and are injured. Having some tenious connection yourself or as an individual to London shouldn't make the slightest difference to your perception of the situation. Why do people feel they need this connection to feel empathy for those involved ?

Please don't think I'm deliberately targeting you but I find your views baffling in the extreme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense taken, but do things like that not make you think? It's nothing to do with feeling empathy, simply that it could have been me or could have been a family member, and maybe next time some of us wont be so lucky? I know it's a terrible thing to say but that's the reality we're dealing with here, it gets less and less safe to live these days by the minute.

Wrong. The UK is no more pro Israel then any other EU Nation. And the EU tends to be impartial in the matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Impartial? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD:

Hard to believe that only 2 people died on that bus. Good mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that. Was there actually anyone on it?!

Animals who were clever enough to orchestrate 9/11 and to avoid any intelligence the UK might have had against todays attacks.

Cunning animals, so cunning they might be foxes...

On a serious note, from "the scotsman"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The worst terrestial bomb attack in modern British history left more than 37 people dead ...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt Lockerbie be a worse bomb attack?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam Webb:

Yes these countries were involved in Iraq, but the attacks have been on major locations where most notice is taken. Eg one of the symbols of NYC was the World Train Centre, the "square mile" in London, Madrid. All places the world would take notice. I just think they have realised the worlds divided opinion of the Iraq war and are using that to cause more terror. In Spain it caused them to U turn on Iraq, in the UK it so far seems to have re afirmed our givernments desire to stop terrorism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, but I refuse to take you even remotely seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opps, sorry! Well I have got trains on my mind...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry, but thats just rubbish. They couldnt give a toss about how we live as long as we keep away from them.

The reason they target countries like USA and UK are becuase they are seen as the main Capitalist nations. We also pose a threat to their plan for spreading their fanantical terrorist ideals, they want the world to be totally islamic with their fanatical ideals. Thats why we get targetted icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The arabian countries first of all hates USA because their official or unofficial aid they give to Israel.

And because of the **** USA did in the arabian countries they developed this hate against them. Now this whole new Iraqi affair over oil certainly did not help and since then they are targeting the countries that helped USA in the oil affair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

I was thinking that. Was there actually anyone on it?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seriously, they'll have only been able to piece two bodies together. have you heard from a single eye-witness that was on the bus?

exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The worst terrestial bomb attack in modern British history left more than 37 people dead ...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt Lockerbie be a worse bomb attack? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why he specified terrestrial.

GAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, but I refuse to take you even remotely seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Choo-Choo!!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The clue is in the title...

Animals who were clever enough to orchestrate 9/11 and to avoid any intelligence the UK might have had against todays attacks.

Cunning animals, so cunning they might be foxes...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why they carefully said "terrestrial" icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

I was thinking that. Was there actually anyone on it?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the survivors from the Liverpool St/Aldgate train said he did't get on the carriage that the bomb was on because it was too packed. That means there would barely of been space to breath on there, yet only 7 people died. Although, lets not forget the 700 injured.

seriously, they'll have only been able to piece two bodies together. have you heard from a single eye-witness that was on the bus?

exactly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

emm yea, wait so what was the largest IRA attack? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real IRA Enniskillen c. 29 dead?

in terms of body count, most IRA attacks were quite minor because they usually (if not always) phoned in warnings beforehand. most of the IRA activity was more about disruption than loss of civilian life

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he says The worst terrestial bomb attack in modern British history left more than 37 people dead ...

terrestial isn't a word to my knowledge icon_wink.gif At least it isnt in my OED.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snooky:

Real IRA Enniskillen c. 29 dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Omagh ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A-Team:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snooky:

Real IRA Enniskillen c. 29 dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pffft, small place, they can't be that far apart...

Omagh ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

karanfett must love the jordanians then. palestine's great benefactor. t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, OTF's Kum-Ba-Ya brigade would only be happy when the US gives away all its money, except for what's needed to fund the military which would be turned over to them to use for international social work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

they've only confirmed two deaths because they won't be able to piece the other bodies together - there was blood all over the building next to it ffs. i can't see many people getting off that top deck alive

i'm OK by the way icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear it, did mention your name earlier but no one knew. icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he says The worst terrestial bomb attack in modern British history left more than 37 people dead ...

terrestial isn't a word to my knowledge icon_wink.gif At least it isnt in my OED.

Bloody dyslexic Jocks. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

people also totally off base when they stated Arafat dying would be in and of itself a major breakthrough in the peace process.

but hey, bad things have happened to the palestinians, let's give them a free pass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know - I think his popping his sandals was a major breakthrough. The effects won't be immediate, of course, but they're there.

Archived