Martin Skrtel

ellie05

Skrtel was a beast for me in my first season with Liverpool.

I didn't intend for him to be my every day starter, but with Danny Agger's questionable health and Jamie Carragher's increasing age, he stepped in and made 34 appearances for me, scoring 3 goals, picking up 1 assist, and 3 MoM's with a 7.27 average rating on the year. He had runs where his 5 game rating was over consistently over 8.00.

He was by far my most industrious defender, and my defense wouldn't of had the 2nd lowest goals against total if it wasn't for him.

Unfortunately for Martin, because of his age he is little more than a stop gap. He's a great 3rd back. I would of liked to keep him, and it pained me to sell him at the end of the season. But at 27 years old, and Liverpool being deep in young CB's, it's too tempting to off load him for 10-15 million.

His solid performance in my first season managed to net me 15 million (with 11 mil of that coming in over time) from Tottenham. With a price tag like that, for an aging CB, I couldn't pass it up, even to a top 4 rival. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me.

However that being said, I would recommend Skrtel as a starter for any mid table EPL/La Liga/Serie A team that needs a well rounded solid CB. As i said earlier, he's also a great 3rd CB for any team.

If trying to sign him from liverpool, i imagine that he could be gotten for 7-10 million, assuming he doesn't have a break-through first season.

Archived