King's Lynn Town: Rising from the Ashes

Johnny Drama

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-9.png

We lost to St Neots but bounced back well with a hard fought 1-0 win over Torquay. With the title in our hands we took on Tranmere at home and despite Aaron Waters being sent off we won 2-1 to win the league in front of a 3,000 strong crowd. It really was an excellent season in the league we were great defensively and the pairing of Garrett and Engh wielded over 40 goals between them. Seb Williams has attracted interest from higher clubs but has still not been my midfield general I hoped, I think if I get an offer that I deem satisfactory he may well move on. Tamworth get their second promotion in successive years as they defeat Chester in the play off final.

BuckinghamAthvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

We already done the hard part getting to the final and the Southern Prem side were no match for us. We dominated for large portions of the game and deserved the win. I was delighted to retain the trophy and get the £50k prize money, annoyingly we played it at their ground which only holds 1,000.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-15.png

I don't think tis is adding to the capacity I think it is merely adding more seats to the stadium. With this it means we have lost over £500k this year despite our cup exploits.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has the board taken a loan out or just funded the new stands? At least you won't need it upgrading again until the Championship :thup:

Awesome job winning the league too :D

No loan we were just over a £1m in the black, still healthy for a year or two but will have to sell a few players then to balance the books.

I have reached one of my goals, now we are league two we ave turned professional! Quite a few non league clubs have gone professional with Northwich Villa for example a team I have kept an eye on since I poached Gus Jack off them, they are in the Northern Prem and have also built a 12k seater stadium which they fill out!

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-16.png

Despite our promotion alot of players wanted to leave, Oyvind Engh had become an icon but asked to be on the transfer list, I offerd him out for an optimistic £800k, I got £210k up front and a further £400k in installments, delighted with that. He had two years left on his deal but decided to let him go also out was Jamie Garrett for his minimum release fee of £350k, in reality I would of accepted a lot less for him.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-18.png

I will have a larger post later with the full pre-season dealings. Also a Rob Cox update as my former star is on the move.

All the money I received from the sales of Engh and Garrett I re-invested on these two players. Dyer will be my playmaker and Stevens I hope is the next Rob Cox. I also brought in Sandor Kovacs from Colwyn Bay for £85k and Zeli Ismael from Southport for £24k.

MikeDyerOverview_Profile.png

JamieStevensOverview_Profile.png

Rob Cox joined Tottenham for £10M after Derby failed twice to get back in the Prem he scored 69 goals in 124 games.

RobCoxOverview_Profile-7.png

Great progress, good luck in the league 2. Nice to see a non-league to prem journey for Rob Cox as well :D

Is there a sell on fee clause for Rob Cox? Or was the last clause his 20 goals for Derby? Sure hope you get a share of that £10m

No I didn't get a piece of the £10M, I wanted a sellon but Derby wouldn't agree, the only clause I cashed in on was the 20 goals one.

I have three scouts and they tend to pick me some good players out every now and again, these last two have been on my radar for the last 2 years but only just swooped for them. Dyer chose Dover over me when Spurs let him go and he has improved a fair bit in his two years there, Stevens has been at Rushington for6 years but only brought him as i sold Engh and Garrett.

You have to remember a lot of these lower teams have got good facilities and a lot of money (not me though).

Cambridge UP have been a rival of ours for a few years now, they started a level below me but rose through the leagues quickly, beating us in the BSP play offs a year ago. Their manager is always commenting on us in the press and it was nice that we gotto be the team to take them on in their new ground and then beat them!

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-19.png

CambridgeUPvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

Also Rob Cox finally gets called up, still yet to play but if he plays well at Spurs he has to be in with a shout

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-20.png

npowerLeague2Overview_Stages.png

We have had an incredible season so far so it was quite easy to turn down Bolton in the end. We have performed exceptionally and we will surely go up if we can maintain our form. Our expensive aquisitions have done well, Jamie Stevens has scored 7 goals he hasn't set the world alight but he has made a big step up so I still think there is room for him to improve. Michael Dyer has been amazing as our playmaker 6 goals and some top performances.

We spend a lot on junior coaching over the last few years and it is paying off as we have 7 players from our youth academy in the first team squad. Troy Cockrill is the latest to come through and has made the right back spot his own, Jamie Molyneaux has a high potential according to my coaches so I have been giving him games off the bench. We have had few guys in the middle of the park who are doing okay with Turl and Whelan. The best of the lot is Antonis Chavos he has been here about 3 years but was behind Engh and Garrett in the pecking order. Now my main striker he has bagged 21 in all competitons.

The January transfer window has come and Seb Williams my big buy last year has gone to Boavista for £550k rising to £750k with clauses. He has played well but the offer was too good to turn down, also leavind is Danny Mitchell to Charlton for £400k. Hes a good defender I signed im 18 months ago from Beoffdfont Sport for five grand and was going to be Jack's replacement. Charlton offered £150k i asked for 400 thinking there is no way they will pay that but they stumped it up. I am now back to £1m in the black/

With the sale of the players I decided to try and get the board to improve my youth setup, I asked for three different thing and got two, although the say the improvement to the facilities will cost £1.3M thae haven't took the money yet.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-25.png

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-24.png

I am excited so see what yout candidates come through this year.

As well as the league we are flying in the cups. We went out to QPR in the 2nd round of the league cup, we take on our old rivals Cambridge UP in the JPT Southern final and we now take on Nottingham Forest away in the 4th round of the FA Cup after this win at the fortress.

KingsLynnvReadingInformation_Overview.png

sure you or a mate arent managing cambridge up? as it seems strange your location being cambridge !!! hey i might be cynical but its your game!!

No nothing to do with me I'm more of a Cambridge City man! I'll post a shot of their manager he is quality. Another Cambridge based team CRC are doing well getting to the regional premier leagues. There is a fair few sides who are doing well but obviously only a few go up. I reckon some of the lower leagues isnt too much different from the likes of L2 and BSP as a lot of these non league sides have excellent youth facilities. Northwich Villa only in Northern Prem and managed to build a new stadium they have more people turn up than I do!

Day off tomorrow so i'll have an end of season update.

Wow this was really an incredible season, after it took us 3 years to get out of the BSP I thought it would take a similar length to get out of L2 but with Antonis Chavos leading the attack he managed 25 league goals and 35 in total as we won the league.

npowerLeague2Overview_Stages-2.png

I wasn't expecting anything against Preston and was delighted just to get to Wembley and was shocked with how well we played, once Dyer was sent off I played a 5-4-0 and held out for the win.

PrestonvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

Key Players

Antonis Chavos - A product of our youth academy and managed 35 goals, I have him tied down till 2024 so hoping to get a few more years out of him.

Mike Dyer - Big money buy from Dover, chipped in with 11 goals and 14 assists and waseasily my best midfielder by some distance

Gus Jack - How this guy is not a club legend is beyond me, the best £500 I have ever spent. Scored 12 times in 54 games and has played a total of 350 games with 40 goals. Sadly its his last season with us with the Chairman accepting a £1.6M from QPR. He has been with us since the Northern Premier League so I am sad to see him go.

Robbie Luisi - St Lucia Captain, had an injury hit season but still managed 12 assists in 26 games with 3 goals.

Biriam Mariotti - Nearly ever present at left back very consistent, stunned he hasnt received a call up from Eritrea yet.

Pre-Season Transfers

Out

Gus Jack £1.6M QPR

Elliot Hewitt £16,000 Burnley

Cillian Whelan £300,000 Derby

Simon Hooper Free

In

Nicky Taylor £5,000 Maldon & Tiptree - Promising striker reccomended by my scouts

Wayne Lapham Free - Left back, cover for Mariotti

Adrian Pitu - Versatile Romanian defender stolen from Colwyn Bay

Harald Thiesen Free - Back up centre half

Rune Johan Norstrand £350,000 Newport - Had to pay his minimum release fee to get him, quality centre back and replacement for Jack with a million still in the bank.

RuneJohanNorstrandOverview_Profile.png

I am going to try and cut down on my spending as I want to get a new stadium but currently we cannot afford it

Doing Well Johnny, Your more of a Camb City fan? its all about the mighty U's my friend, Jez George's Amber Army ;) lol

Which part of Cambridge you from? im from Cherry Hinton.

Must say tho its really inspiring to watch your progress, keep up the good work! :)

npowerLeague1Overview_Stages.png

After an amazing start we have started to drift down the table, we seem to be unable to put together a sequence of results and the defence has become quite problematic. I realised how much I relied on my number 1 Max Sherwood, he was out for a month and we lost 3 of our 4 games conceding 11 goals. Antonis Chavos is my top scorer with 18 league goals but considering 12 of them came in three matches it shows how inconsistent he has become as of late. I managed to recruit Nicholas Heywood on a free transfer from Bolton, I tried to sign him from Bedfont Sports before but he chose Bolton. Since his move he has scored 5goals in 12 games.

We have done well in the cups we are in the Southern Final of he JPT against Southend and we take on Sunderland in the third round of the FA Cup at home, I am hoping of at least a replay out of it as they have dropped to the Championship.

Connor Wickham broke our hearts twice

KingsLynnvSunderlandInformation_Overview.png

SunderlandvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

In the transfer window I sold Andy Lynam to Fulham for £200,000 plus sell ons, I signed him from Notrthwich Villa 2 years ago but I preferred Dyer as my AMC so decided to cash in on him. I replaced him with Luke Marriott from Grays I have been tracking him for sometime and managed to strike a bargain of £50,000. So we are still in profit. Robbie Luisi my right winger wont sign a new contract and looks likely to sign a pre-contract wit Taranto. I think I hae found his replacement a former Lyon youth player on trial at Colwyn Bay.

LukeMarriottOverview_Profile.png

Archived