Attacking full-backs have transformed my tactic.

I can't think of a tactic i have made before where i managed to get my full-backs so involved in the attacking department,below are images of my tactic and 1 of my right backs-kyle walker and his instructions,

ManchesterUnitedTactics_Overview.png

KyleWalkerOverview_Attributes.png

ManchesterUnitedTactics_PlayerInstructions.png

Previously i had hit a brick wall with my tactic so i went back to one of my favourite threads,SFrasers "meet the system" and had a good read of that,made a few changes to my tactic and watched as the football started to flow again.The one problem i was having was with the full backs who would bomb forward but push so high up the pitch they were almost on top of the inside forwards,so as in kyle walkers instructions i reduced his runs from deep to mixed and also reduced his mentality by a couple of notches as mentality wise my two fullbacks were on a par with my attacking players,this slight adjustment has now made them both a little more conservative in their approach to forward runs in that they still make them all the time but you can actually see them letting the play build up in the middle before striding forward.

The added bonus is that i now use out and out forwards as inside forwards who have a natural tendancy to move into the penalty area creating oceans of space down the flanks for anyone of my 3 "playmakers" to hit them(fullbacks) with a throughball/longball.So far this season my full-backs have provided 15 assissts,which for me is amazing.

Hi there!

How's the involvement of both your FB's in attack? Do BOTH of them attack AT THE SAME TIME? That's awfully wrong imo! They shoul attack in turns wether the ball is in a determined flank and I just can't make that happen!! Can you?

Cheers

Get Cavani in the striker position, he is a genius with my Man UTD save. I am doing a flat 4-3-3 at the moment so having WB's or FB's as the wide attackers is a must. Fabio is probably the best one for me as he just goes on crazy runs into the box.

I have a roaming front three and this blends in well with the attacking FB's acting as an outlet for them or to be the creators of many chances, totally agree with you axehan1, they do a great job.

One tip I use to keep them from being to far up during attacking corners and free kicks is to have them set to always go back. So if there is a counter, they are my fastest defenders but if needed, they can get up the pitch at speed as well, it just sort of keeps them in check.

Hi there!

How's the involvement of both your FB's in attack? Do BOTH of them attack AT THE SAME TIME? That's awfully wrong imo! They shoul attack in turns wether the ball is in a determined flank and I just can't make that happen!! Can you?

Cheers

both full-backs are on attack duty yes,but they dont both bomb up the touchline at the same time.i do play control strategy so we do have a high line anyway but if the play is down the right side for instance the left full-back will hold his position albeit a little further upfield,but then they do all have very good pace,acceleration and decent positioning stats so we dont really get caught out down the flanks.

Same for me. I always enjoy utilizing wingbacks, but in my FM12 save my fullbacks don't have the right attributes for wingback so I had them on FB (support) duties. Recently I switched them against weaker opponents to attack duty and the results are very pleasing. It does depend on who is ahead of them - if I have wingers in midfield the fullbacks stay on support; however most of my wide men can't cross so I put them on Wide Midfield (Support). What happens is the attacking fullbacks combine with them and frequently overlap with very sweet results. My formation is 4-1-3-2 so I have a DMC to plug any gaps behind the fullback who surges forward. I'm in League Two, by the way.

Archived