Training PPM's

I'd like to ask about your experiences with PPM training on young players. The reason I'm asking is because, rather bizarrely, it refuses to work for me. I've tried to teach four different players a PPM that was suggested by my coaches, and they all failed. Chris Smalling failed at training "switch play to the other side", Tom Cleverly failed at training "comes deep to get the ball" while both Welbeck and Chicharito failed at training to place shots.

What's the deal? Does it even work? These players surely have the technique and mental bagage to train these PPM's. And being Man United, you'd expect my coaches to be up to the task as well. They've trained on it for months. I should at least expect some results, seeing that it even hinders their other training categories as it takes up part of the workload. Does anyone have equally disappointing results?

Maybe their attributes aren't good enough yet to learn those PPM'S? I don't know if it's a big factor on the success of learning them but i always thought so.

If these players don't have the required attributes to learn said PPM's, what hope is there for less talented young players? These are some of the brighter talents of the Man United squad, and Hernandez is even an established Premier League goal scorer. If he can't learn to place his shots I'm left wondering who can?

If these players don't have the required attributes to learn said PPM's, what hope is there for less talented young players? These are some of the brighter talents of the Man United squad, and Hernandez is even an established Premier League goal scorer. If he can't learn to place his shots I'm left wondering who can?

I don't think it has anything to do with their current ability or attributes directly. I think that either their reputation is too high in which case they think they know better what works for them or they just don't feel it will benefit their game.

I don't think it has anything to do with their current ability or attributes directly. I think that either their reputation is too high in which case they think they know better what works for them or they just don't feel it will benefit their game.

yeah they probably want freeplay

What i was trying to say is that i think that PPM's require some attributes in specific areas that might not be up to that level yet, i don't think a striker can't place shots without having X techinque/composure/finishing for the level that he is playing, someone like Chicharito should definetly be able to place shots though, i could be wrong anyway.

On FM12 it's no longer up to the players to decide to train the PPM or not since it's taught by coaches, you can always try to teach them even if the coaches don't think it's a good idea.

Archived