How to make players follow set piece instructions?

I've noticed in a few situations (though mostly one specific recurring scenario) that my players just aren't paying attention to the instructions they're given for set pieces.

The main occurrence happens on attacking corners. I always have 3 players set to 'stay back', not 'stay back if needed' - stay back. For some reason, in the latter stages of games where I'm winning - and the opposition leave more men forwards trying to catch us on the counter - only 2 men stay back. The 3rd player who is there at other times decides to wander into the box for no reason. I keep conceding late goals like this as by the time I notice it's too late to change the set piece set up for it to have an effect. The players in question by the way are my full backs and a ball winning cm - players with low creative freedom.

Like I said - it's impossible to react to the opposition's change of set piece routine in time to have an impact and not all teams make that change so I don't feel I can change my corner routine on the off chance to make up for my players not listening. How do I make them do as they're told for something as simple as whether to go forward or stay back for a corner?!

Archived