FM12 - Juventus experience - 442

GRE23

My Juve flat 442 begins.

GK: Buffon is top class Goalie so he starts most of my matches. I give regular startups to Storari, mainly at home, to keep him hot and fit. Manninger in the reserves.

Future: Branescu showed some signs of brilliancy. Will definitely keep him.

DCs: Chiellini as a CD stopper is a beast. Brazagli usually pairs as a CD cover and is ok but NOT as classy. Bonucci is younger, taller, stronger yet more skilled so I use him against taller attacks, mainly at home against low quality oppositions as a Ball playing Cover (he prefers stopper but only when Chiellini is out). Sorensen is limited ability stopper and I use him when short of other options but looks quite promising. I need a young talent there as the U21s dont look that good.

DR: Lichtensteiner is good, Motta more attacking, both used as fullbacks. Motta wants to impress me (he failed but I acknowledge his efforts). They share almost 50-50 all starting lineups. Bought Romario for the future, I guess I will be using him much more from season 2.

DL: It hurts. Grosso is the experience, DeCeglie is the spark. Both inadequate. I brought Criscito in, he is top class, got him in January. Grosso is not getting any younger so I guess he is the first to go. No future talent in the spot but I will keep Grosso's experience for backup. Still need a talent there.

MCs: Pirlo is the top man there as a BPM support but he hasn't showed me any class yet. He just plays for a 7 - no fancy stuff but reliable. Vidal is my pittbull. A Ball Winning MC with Defend or Support. He will soon become my key MC player I guess. He is a DOG and his passes are sharp and accurate. Marchisio is very good for a backup to Pirlo and also plays well as a BWM in Vidal's place. Unfo I loaned out Marrone before finding out he is to become a future star. So my 4th backup is Piazenza who is a rather limited DMC. Enough to fill the gap when needed.

Future: I will desperately try to bring back co-owned Ekdal. I brough in Gylfi Sigporsson (January) and will try to buy Verratti. The reason is I miss an MC who can play as an advanced playmaker or as an AMC with enough quality.

Wingers: My favourite spot. Elia as an AML attacking is definitely top class but I need to refine his finishing or decisions. He is excellent at messing up the whole opposition defense but fails to deliver this last pass and usually ****s up in front of goal. I want him to enter the box more. He cuts inside which is fine by me, I will try to play him as ain inside forward. Currently I trin him on finishing. On the other flank I have Krasic who seems as a top class performer - however I still have not seen what I expect from him. Pepe, on the other hand, used as a Defensive winger is my top guy, left or right. Really, this guy is brilliant, could be his determination combined with workrate and aggression. This guys is everywhere> Marking, tackling, running with the ball, crossing, providing assists, getting inside the area, scoring. He is the equivalent to Gatusso on the wing. Esqarribia on loan provides a backup for the left wing. Giacherini has not played a single game above 6.8 but I kind of want to keep him to see how he develops. He still is a backup though. I would want to buy a future talent for the left wing. Maybe I will wait for this guys I got on loan to get back (dont remember the name now) - or try to buy back half of co-owned Giovinco from Parma.

Upfront: DelPiero as a Tqst is still class. He is finding trouble coping with physical opponents though. Usually enters as a sub with "do the difference orders". And he usually does. Another TQST is Quagliarella which I love and hate. He is a thunder, but he usually shoots with great power from way out long. He is capable to deliver magic or junk every attacking effort of your team. I have not yet found the best way to play him. Also tried poacher and Attacking FC. Not very happy with him, he is a quiz. Vucinic was a guy I had not much respect on in the beginning. He is my top scorer now. He is a TQST but I play him as an advanced forward and he finds goals from nowhere. Toni and Iaquinta could be my Target men but due to their scarce starting games they have not found their performance. Toni is rather old, Iaquinta gets injured often. I definitely need to work my Attacking Pair. So far Vucininc (AFC) with DelPiero or Quagliarella as TQST works well but no fireworks. Will definitely try for new talent there. One sec. I forgot about Matri. 3 goals as a sub in 3 games. Poacher. Quick and lethal. Will give him more firt team opportunities in the second half of the year. But I will be on the lookout for young talent like Juanmi or Sanogo. I need a beast in front of goal and haven;t found one yet. Maybe it's the way I use my attackers.

But currently hald a season up I enjoy league top 7 points ahead of Inter. Not too bad.

Archived