National Team

Is it that easy to start as Wales? I know the position is vacant, but I have started unemployed and employed (both with Wales nationality) and not been hired. One of my favorite parts of the game is coaching an international team and if there is any way into at the start, that'd be better than also slogging through a few years with a top team!

Thanks, but I'm not that desperate!

Do people have much luck getting hired for teams that a) is not their nationality, or b) not a league they have loaded? I have been hired to coach England as a French national, but I've never, say, gotten hired for Belgium when England was my only league.

A) i'm not sure but i think not. You are chosen based on your ability. The top clubs in england hires foreign managers if they need one. I think national teams do the same too.

B) This won't happen for clubs in the leagues you didn't load, but for national teams i think you still can get hired.

Thanks, but I'm not that desperate!

Do people have much luck getting hired for teams that a) is not their nationality, or b) not a league they have loaded? I have been hired to coach England as a French national, but I've never, say, gotten hired for Belgium when England was my only league.

It's definitely much harder to be hired for nations that do not share your nationality.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived