Good Right Backs?

Crayons

I'm nearing the end of my 3rd season with QPR and I'm 5th in the Premiership, assembling a good team with Zarate and Stancu getting 35 league goals between them, a midfield with the likes of Jimenez, Huddlestone, Wijnaldum, Barnetta and Torje. Solid goalies with Kameni and Forster joining in the summer and my defence is young and talented with Mattock, Bale, Kaboul, Onohua and Mancienne but still not working great as a unit.

The weak link I believe is Peter Rammage my Right Back and Vice-Captain, he's around 30 now and his contract is over in July, which I will let him see out because he isn't good enough for a team in the top half. What I need is advice on who to go for to replace him, I'm not sure how much cash I'll have to spend but I reckon it should be a fair bit seeing as I'll be in the UEFA cup and my high position in the table.

I was thinking of Huttton from Spurs as I would prefer a British player but who ever is good enough I'll go in for. I also have Mattock trained to right-back but I'd prefer to only play him there when other players are injured.

Thanks.

arsenal_2111

Mancienne's crossing never becomes that good but he's good decent pace. Whenever I've seen him, it gets up to 15 always. Maybe gets to 16 as well once he reaches max potential. His crossing is always poor though. But he doesnt need to be an attacking RB. Micah Richards has poor crossing as well but he's a very good RB. But his overall stats generally make him a better RB than a CB.

Actualy Vidal looks excellent and is valued at 4 million.

Thanks Hulk

I would not touch a defender with his concentration stat. He comes up a lot in my searches and always I think..."he looks good" then I see his concentration.

Titus Bramble clone! :)

P.S. If not already at a top club, try Bosingwa.

I would not touch a defender with his concentration stat. He comes up a lot in my searches and always I think..."he looks good" then I see his concentration.

Titus Bramble clone!

He starts with concentration of about 12. End of season 3, it'll be up to 14 probably and it goes higher still. I bought him in season 2 once and by the end of season 4, he was described as world-class and concentration was more 16 or 17 iirc. Try him sometime.

don't buy vidal. he is a terrible defender. his average rating was always under 7 when i had him. try fazio, garay or nordtveit. also have a look at ryhor filipenko. never had him but he always plays good against my teams.

He starts with concentration of about 12. End of season 3, it'll be up to 14 probably and it goes higher still. I bought him in season 2 once and by the end of season 4, he was described as world-class and concentration was more 16 or 17 iirc. Try him sometime.

Maybe you are running a different db. I have checked him in three different games and he has 9, 10 and 9 concentration.

How odd! :)

Errr....I said concentration. I ACTUALLY meant 'composure'.

:(

Well, there you go. Composure isnt really that important for a CB. The only time I find it to be an important factor as far as CB's go is if they have the "tries to play way out of trouble" or "dwells on ball" PPM. Infact that is the case for almost every player, not just a CB.

Funny you should mention Titus Bramble because IIRC, he has both of those PPM's! As does Silvestre. :)

Archived