From Job centre to World Cup Final

cragswfc

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dortmund would be a great job even if it does look like they are underachieving,Leverkusen looks like it could be a bit more challenging regarding budgets but they are in a better position.
Well I dint get the Dotmund job and yes the Bayer 04 Leverkusen would be a challenge.

On Friday 12th April

I My self, took over @ Bayer 04 Leverkusen. I was missing the day to day involvement. This club is the biggest I've been involved with. And walked into the wrong door

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLKd3dTu5TXXJpx3DFER3ogbKXpMdX1um7FoNSSZt45h06CY8eCA

120px-Bayer_04_Leverkusen.png

Background Of The Club

capturejqw.png

The team is pretty strong, but I think in the wing backs positions.

capturezhq.png

The U19's

capture1eo.png

Fixtures

League Table

Results

bayer04leverkusenfixtur.png

So my first game was at home to Schalke 04live on TV, Were we took a point when we played them they was top of the bundersilga.

Then we travelled to Wolfburg and picked up a good win 2-1 were we was hanging on in the last 10 mins.

We welcomed Freiburg to Bayer arena were every thing did turned to gold. Saying this we did have a scare when the score was 0-0 and the visitors missed a pen. we won 6-0

we was live on TV away to Gladbach you guessed it it was a dull 0-0

Freankurt travelled to us were they had the chance to go 2nd in the table. But we had different plans. We totally out played them going 4-0 up with out any harm then we got complacent we they pulled a goal back to make it 4-1

We went away to hannover96 were the game was end to end goals galore were it ended 4-3 to hannover96.

League Table

1bundesligaoverviewstag.png

Argentina.png

These are the fixtures all friendlies match in build up to

Copa América 2019

The Squad

argentinasquadsquadnumb.png

Argentina 2-3 Mexico

After appearing to just edge in this hard thought battle, we are very disappointed to lost. Mexico hot shot Javier Hernandez got a hat trick. argenitnas goals came from Victor Burzac and Matias Ezequiel Schelotto

Ecuador 1-4 Argentina

We enjoyed a near total domination. Man of the match Juan Pablo Vezzani ran Ecuador all over the place. He got 2goals. Messi got 1 along with Esteban Romero

Argentina 2-0 Venezuela

We played park the bus team Matias Ezequiel Schelotto put us ahed on 22. the sub Gonzal Higuain sealed it on 70th.

League Table

Copa América 2019 Quarter Final

Argentina 4-1 Chile

Experienced striker Gonzalo Higuain got us off to a flyer by scoring a fierce shot on 9min against the host. Things got worse for Chile on 30 whrn Gary Medel got his marching orders.

The playemaker Javier Pasore doubled our lead on 41. then added his 2nd on 61. felipe Gutierrez pulled a goal back for Chile on 65. the game was finished of on 71 by Mariano Leoni

Rest of results from quarter finals

Copa América 2019 Semi Finals

Argentina 1-0 Brazil

Vintage display from us today. We took the lead on 48th with a powerful shop by Victor Burzac

The other match saw USA draw 0-0 with Colombia were Colombia won on pens 5-4.

Copa América 2019 Third Placel

Usa won on pens

Copa América 2019 Final

Argentina 3-1 Colombia

This was Javier Mascherano farewell game and he got his hands of the trophy! We ran out 3-1 winners with two goals coming From Lionel Messi and the win bean sealed by Victor Burzac.

Best player

Golden Boot

Best Young Player

Dream Team

Start Of season 2019/20

The pre-season

This was not Ideal with been manager of Argentina so I left my coaching staff in charge of my games. We played 7 friendlies so the team got a good team bonding.

As I was torn between two jobs my focus with Bayer was to Improve the squad but as i plan to be here for a few years I went for young potential.

The media think we will finish 4th. As I told my board I expect to finish in the top 6.

Transfer's

It says we spent 28.5million but most of the transfers are over 48 months.

Mohammed Konate is the player I had at kuban we he was decent but I do belive he be even better her at Leverkusen

August

Time to start the season.

Dortmund 5-0 Leverkusen (Bundersliga)

We passed it around like nothing else. Dortmund was just on fire they deserve the win

Leverkusen 0-3 Hannover96 (Bundersliga)

Just like the Dortmund game we was awful, But on the plus side Mohammed Konate came back from injury to make a brief sub apparence.

Leverkusen 4-1 Banska Bystrica (Europa League Qualify Rnd4)

A welcome distraction from the league. We took out our frustration on them as the league has not started well as we would liked.

As we are selling a few players I thought I'd player them just in case we sold them to a rival down the line so they be cup tied.

Gladbach 1-0 Leverkusen (Bundersliga)

Can tell we was back in the league as we went down to a 1-0. but overall we was much better

Banska Bystrica 3-6 Leverkusen (Europa League Qualify Rnd4)

We was way to sloppy in defence ,but going forward looked like we could score every attack. why can't we play these every game.

League Table

Europa League Group D

September

Leverkusen 0-0 Mainz (Bundersliga)

We gained a well earned point. we had chances to win this, but it was just not meant to be.

Wolfsburg 3-1 Leverkusen (Bundersliga)

Yet again well coming back on the autobahn having just scored 1 goal in the league. Wolfsburg well all credit to them they so a wounded team and went for the kill.

i fear for my job :(

Spartak Moscow 1-2 Leverkusen (Europa League)

I don't know what say we won yes. All come down to Simohiwe Mboweni who was the man of the match.

Martin Montoya ran him close who had to play numinous of positions

Leverkusen 4-1 Cottbus (Bundersliga)

As we was at home i thought Adler would have a bad back from picking the ball out of his net all time so I put in Tarik Aarab.

Goals come from new signing Yakubu Diallo on 16, Mohammed Konate 41. Ivica Demeter 67 and Simohiwe Mboweni round the scoring off on 73.

Kaiserslautern 3-1 Leverkusen

The real Leverkusen showed up yet again. 2 down inside 10 minutes. We did pull a goal back when Simohiwe Mboweni got on to a long ball to calmly slot it past the goalie.

League Table

UEFA Europa League Group D

Not a great start at Leverkusen but hopefully you improve and take them to the top!

I hope so

Need results to pick up & hopefully that will happen soon.

Yeas my job very Insecure

Tough start but still a long way to go.

yes but I might not be in a job

October

As we go into this month i hoping the team has totally gelled.

We also agreed deals for January what will see Marco Hoger go to PSV for £1mand Jan Holub go to West Broom for £2.4m

Leverkusen 5-0 BATE (Europa League)

I don't know what it is but europe bring out the best in us. Simohiwe Mboweni bagged him self a hat-trick with the strikes coming on 8,56,66 and the other goals by

Mohammed Konate & Omer Toprak

Leverkusen 3-2 Werder Bremen (Bundersliga)

Bremen came to our arena and before half time they could not believe what they saw. Leverkusen was 3-0 up Mboweni scored first on 14.

Konate 32 and a og on 42. it seems closers than it should look as they got 1 back on 57 then on 90+2

Koln 3-0 Leverkusen (Bundersliga)

We went to Koln on a high and was soon knocked back down.

Leverkusen 3-1 FC Basel (Europa League)

As you can tell We was superb. We dint make the best of starts going 1 down on 3, but Andre Schurrle pulled a goal back on 33 Then we went 2-1 ahead by a og on 79 and then Bjon Thomsen made it 3-1

Leverkusen 1-1 Schalke 04 (Bundersliga)

We came away with a draw when we should of had 3 points, we was knocking on the door but just not get the vital win

RB Leipzig 1-4Leverkusen (DFB-Pokal)

Just like europe we was great Halim Kaci-Said ran the show, he also got a goal on 39. Konate69, Demeter 72 and Polaco on stoke off full time.

League Table

Europa League Group D

slbenfica2012logo.png

History

The foundation and first years (1904–1910)

Active departments of S.L. Benfica

On February 28, 1904, a meeting of young people from the Belém neighborhood of Lisbon and former students from the Real Casa Pia de Lisboa took place at the Farmácia Franco (Franco Pharmacy), located on Rua de Belém in the southwest part of Lisbon, with the goal of forming a new football club that would be called Grupo Sport Lisboa. There were a total of 24 people who attended the meeting, including the co-founder and future soul of the football club, Cosme Damião. During the meeting, José Rosa Rodrigues was appointed as the club's first president, along with Daniel Brito as secretary and Manuel Gourlade as treasurer.

The first game was played in January 1905. Despite important football victories in the first few years, the club suffered due to poor operating conditions. As a result, in 1907, several players from the first team joined the then more prosperous Sporting Clube de Portugal, located across the city.

In 1908, Grupo Sport Lisboa acquired, by mutual agreement, the Sport Clube de Benfica, a club founded in 1906 as Grupo Sport Benfica and later changed its name to Sport Clube de Benfica. Despite the merger of the two football clubs, Grupo Sport Lisboa and Sport Clube de Benfica continued their respective club operations. For Grupo Sport Lisboa, they maintained the football team, the red and white shirt colors, the eagle as the symbol, the "E Pluribus Unum" as the motto, and the logo. For Sport Clube de Benfica, they maintained the football field, the main directors, and the club's house.

Under the mutual agreement, both Sport Clube de Benfica and Grupo Sport Lisboa determined that the foundation date of the newly formed club should coincide with the foundation date of Grupo Sport Lisboa, February 28, 1904, given that it was the most recognized club (of the two) in the merger and it was already quite popular in Lisbon due to its football merits. (It is interesting to note that Sport Lisboa e Benfica is the only club of the "Big Three" that has never changed its foundation date.) With regard to the new club's logo, a bicycle wheel was added to the Grupo Sport Lisboa's original logo, which represented the most important sport of Sport Clube de Benfica. As for the new club's name, Benfica from Sport Clube de Benfica was added to the Sport Lisboa of Grupo Sport Lisboa to form Sport Lisboa e Benfica, which remains the formal full name of Benfica today. As for other notes, the club moved from the Belém area of Lisbon to the present-day Benfica area, which is a neighborhood located in the northern part of the city. Furthermore, the two entities of the new club had simultaneous associates, which helped to stabilize operations and later increased the success of the merger.

Benfica team in 1904.

In October, 1908, a month after the agreement, the club won the first game ever against Sporting Clube de Portugal. Then, in the 1909–10 season, Benfica ended Carcavelos Club's reign (for the last three years) as Lisbon Champions. In addition, that season was considered a "golden one", as the club won all three regional championships in Portuguese competition, thus establishing a record.

An early age of achievements (1910–1921)

Between 1905 and 1922, the club won 11 Lisbon regional titles in football.

Meanwhile, club’s popularity increased outside of Lisbon's city borders. Several affiliate clubs were created, mainly in the Algarve.

The 1913–14 season was very successful, as the club was the first to win the regional Lisbon championships in all the four categories.

The first international matches were played with some relevant results: in 1913, the club won their first international football trophy, named Torneio Três Cidades (Three Cities' Tournament).

The rink hockey department was created in 1917. In 1919, the club organized the first ever football game played at night in Portugal.

It was not until the 1920s that the club became more known as Benfica. A falling out within the club regarding some football players led to several members leaving the club and founding Clube de Futebol Os Belenenses, which is now Lisbon's third largest football club. This is regarded as the second major crisis within the club.

Football crisis and cycling dominance (1922–1930)

The national football competitions only began in the 1920s. The impact of the defection of players to Clube de Futebol Os Belenenses was made worse by further losses due to the creation of Casa Pia Atlético Clube in Lisbon. This exodus of players left Sport Lisboa e Benfica struggling in the following years and the club would only win two regional titles until 1930.

Fortunately for Benfica, cycling picked up the slack and became an important source of victories. Spearheading the team was Alfredo Luís Piedade, considered to be one of the greatest names in Portuguese cycling.

In 1925, the club inaugurated the Amoreiras Stadium. The departments of field hockey, rugby, and basketball were created in this decade; only the first mentioned doesn’t have official activities today.

From the time 1921–1922, one begins to realize thePortugal. Championship The representative Madeira only enter in the competition next season. In 1927–1928 the club only adds to their participation. Was on the edge of Benfica win the quarter-final, with the 3-1 win until the last minute of the game, but ending up losing 3-4 in the extended discount.

The first national football titles (1930s)

The 1930s were a much kinder decade to Benfica. The club's football team started the decade by winning two national championships (for the first time) in 1930 and 1931 and one regional championship.

After losing the first national championship, Benfica won the next three championships in a row (1935–36, 1936–37, and 1937–38), and their first Portuguese Cup, in 1939–40.

Cycling continued to be the key sport within the club. The duels between Benfica's José Maria Nicolau and Sporting Clube de Portugal's Alfredo Trinidade on the road throughout the country enthralled many fans and were a critical factor for the ascendance of popularity of not only Benfica but also Sporting. José Maria Nicolau is regarded as one of Benfica's greatest ever cyclist and won two Volta a Portugal's titles in 1931 and 1934.

The 1940s

The 1940s saw the domination by Benfica and Sporting in the country's football championship to an extent never seen before. Between 1941 and 1950, the two clubs finished first and second in every championship except for the 1945–46 season when enfica finished second to Os Belenenses. During this period, Benfica and Sporting each won four titles. By now, football was clearly the club's most important sport

The 1950s

Benfica's first major international football success happened in 1950 when they won the Latin Cup by defeating Bordeaux in the final. The Latin Cup was then seen as one of Europe's most prestigious European Cups in a time when UEFA had yet to launch its unified European Cups.

Another highlight came in 1954 when Benfica moved into the famous Estádio da Luz. It initially had capacity for 40,000 spectators, but this was gradually expanded due to club's growing success and fan base.

Benfica won three championships during the 1950s and were runner-ups three times. They also gathered six Portuguese Cups, and their accomplishments included a series of four consecutive victories between 1948 and 1953. The Portuguese cup was not held in 1950 due to the Latin Cup being organized in Portugal.

In addition to all these successes, Benfica was able to end the decade with the foundations in place enabling the club to enter the 1960s with one of the best teams in Europe.

The golden era (1960–1970)

Benfica was the first team to break Real Madrid's dominance in the early European Champions' Cup. Having won two European Cups in a row against FC Barcelona (1961) and Real Madrid (1962). This was the last time Benfica won an international competition.

During this decade, Benfica would reach another three European Champions' Cup finals, but the Lisbon club never managed to win a European trophy again, having lost against Milan (1963), Internazionale (1965), and Manchester United (1968).

In 1968, Benfica was considered the best European team by France Football, despite its defeat in the Champions Cup. Many of its successes in the 1960s were achieved with all-time football great Eusébio playing for the Lisbon side. In fact, the 1960s were the best period of Benfica history, in which the club won an astonishing eight Championships (1960, '61, '63, '64, '65, '67, '68, and '69), three Portuguese Cups (1961, '64, and '69), and two European Champions Cup (1961 and '62).

The silver era (1970–1994)

During the 1970s, the team faded slightly from the European scene, but remained the main force inside Portuguese football, winning six championships (1971, '72, '73, '75, '76, and '77) and two Portuguese cups (1970 and '72). Jimmy Hagan led the club to three successive Portuguese championships, and once to the national cup between 1970 and 1973. Benfica also attracted Europe-wide attention when the team reached the semi-finals of the European Cup of Champions, where the team was only narrowly defeated 1–0 on aggregate by the legendary Ajax side of that era.

In 1972–73, Benfica became the first club in Portugal to last a whole season without defeat and won 28 matches — 23 consecutively — out of 30, and drew two. In that year, Eusébio also became Europe's top scorer with 40 goals, in what was his penultimate season as a Benfica player. The team scored 101 goals, breaking 100 only for the second time in their history.

The club had some problems in the late 1970s, early 1980s, but managed to stand up to its standards again, this time under the guidance of Sven-Göran Eriksson. In two years (1983 and 1984) the club won two championships, one Portuguese Cup, and reached the final of the UEFA Cup in 1983 against Anderlecht.

Following the completion of improvements to the football stadium, the board of Benfica decided to open the third level of the Estádio da Luz, which transformed it into one of the biggest in Europe, with a standing room capacity of 120,000. In 1987, Benfica won another double (championship and Portuguese cup), an achievement done for the ninth time in their history.

During the period from 1988 to 1994, Benfica made a huge financial investment in an effort to win another European cup, but the club failed to meet its expectations. While Benfica reached the European cup final in 1988 and 1990, it lost in the final against PSV and Milan, respectively. Domestically, Benfica won three more championships (1989, '91, and '94) and one Portuguese Cup (1993)

The dark years (1994–2003)

Financial trouble began to undermine the club due to rampant spending and a questionable signing policy which allowed for squads composed of well over 30 players. Consequently, the period from 1994 through 2003 was arguably the darkest in the history of Benfica. During this time, Benfica only won one Portuguese Cup in season 1995–96 and finished in positions, such as sixth in 2000–01 and fourth in 2001–02. The debts were accumulating, and nearly every year saw the hire of a new Benfica coach.

The rebuilding years

In 2004, the club regained some of its sporting prowess, with a new president and the manager José Antonio Camacho, winning the first title in eight years (the Portuguese Cup, won against José Mourinho's FC Porto in the final), and in 2004–05, the first national championship in 11 years, this time with Giovanni Trapattoni as coach — in an odd season in which the top club had the least amount of points ever and an efficiency (63.7% of points obtainable) that historically would never have been enough to secure even second place. That year was also marked by the death of the Hungarian player Miklos Feher during a match against Vitória de Guimarães at the Estádio da Luz, shocking scenes of paramedics trying to revive the player on the pitch to no avail will live on in the memory of many and certainly of the players that were there that day. The wake was held at the Estádio D. Afonso Henriques and both the President Luís Filipe Vieira and the captain Nuno Gomes went to Hungary for the players burial.

In 2004–05, Benfica won the Portuguese SuperCup for the fourth time. In the 2005–06 Champions League, Benfica managed to reach the quarter-finals, defeating Manchester United 2–1 in the decisive group stage encounter, and then overcoming the 2005 European champions Liverpool 3–0 on aggregate. However, Benfica lost in the Quarter Finals to the eventual winner Barcelona by an aggregate of 2–0, both goals coming during the second leg in Camp Nou. In the 2006–07 season, Benfica found themselves again facing Manchester United in a decisive Champions League group match in which the winner would advance. However, this time it was Manchester United who prevailed, gaining revenge in a 3–1 win.

On August 20, 2007, José Antonio Camacho returned to Benfica on a two-year contract, following the sacking of Fernando Santos after only one match in the league (a tie against the recently promoted Leixões), at time when Benfica was facing a vital Champions League qualifying game against Copenhagen. Benfica granted a place in the Champions League after defeating Copenhagen for 1–0, but eventually exited the competition at the group stage. They then parachuted to the UEFA Cup where they were defeated by Spanish debutants, Getafe. Camacho resigned a few months later, in March. Benfica failed to gain a top three finish in the 2007–08 season, placing the team in the UEFA Cup for the upcoming season.

On May 22, 2008, former Valencia manager Quique Sánchez Flores was appointed as the club's new manager for the new season.

In 2008, Benfica launched its own TV channel called Benfica TV.

In 2009, Benfica won the second edition of the Portuguese League Cup defeating their cross-town rival Sporting CP, under the guidance of Quique Sánchez Flores

From Jorge Jesus Era to the Present (2009–present)

On June 8, 2009, manager Quique Sánchez Flores resigned as coach after agreeing to a friendly contractual termination; he was replaced by former Sporting de Braga manager Jorge Jesus on June 17.

On July 12, 2009, Benfica tied 2–2 against Sion in their first of ten friendlies in the 2009–10 pre-season with Óscar Cardozo and Javier Saviola each scoring a goal. On July 13, in their second friendly, they beat defending UEFA Cup-champions Shakhtar Donetsk 2–0, with goals coming from Cardozo and Carlos Martins. On 16 July, in their third friendly, Benfica beat Athletic Bilbao 2–1 with Saviola scoring two second-half goals.

On July 18, in their fourth friendly, they beat Olhanense 2–1 with a 74th minute highlight goal from Cardozo and an injury time goal from Miguel Vítor. On 21 July, in their fifth friendly, Benfica lost 2–1 against Atlético Madrid with their only goal coming from Cardozo. The game was played in front of 58,000 fans at the Estádio da Luz as this was the presentation game for Benfica and the first game former team-legend Simão played versus Benfica in an Atlético uniform. On July 24, in their sixth friendly, they beat Sunderland 2–0 with goals coming from Cardozo and Maxi Pereira. On July 26, in their seventh friendly, Benfica won the prestigious Amsterdam Tournament against Ajax 3–2, with an own goal from Ismaïl Aissati and goals from Ángel Di María and David Luiz.

On August 1, 2009, in their eighth friendly, they beat Portsmouth 4–0 with Cardozo scoring two first-half goals and Weldon scoring a second-half goal. An own goal from Wilkinson late in the second half resulted in Benfica's fourth goal of the match. OnAugust 2, in their ninth friendly, Benfica won the Guimarães Tournament against Vitória de Guimarães 2–0, with goals coming from Weldon and Ruben Amorim. On August 8, in their final friendly of the 2009–10 preseason, Benfica won the Eusébio Cup on penalty kicks against Milan. At the end of full-time, the match was tied 1–1 with Benfica's goal coming from Cardozo in the second half. During the penalty kick shoot-out, goalkeeper Quim saved a total of four penalties, which gave the match to Benfica and kept the Eusébio Cup in Lisbon for the first time.

With a string of good results to start the 2009–10 season, breath-taking attacking football, and some high scoring games in the Portuguese Liga, manager Jorge Jesus and his players have brought a sense of excitement to Benfica supporters that has not been seen since the football club won the 2004–05 Portuguese Liga. This sense of excitement and renewed passion amongst Benfica fans has resulted in high hopes for domestic competitions in the 2009–10 Portuguese Liga, Cup of Portugal, and Portuguese League Cup, as well as for international competition in the UEFA Europa League.

As the season of the Portuguese Liga progressed, excitement amongst Benfica fans and intrigue amongst rival fans led to high attendance figures in both the Estádio da Luz and opposing team stadiums throughout Portugal. For example, in a Portuguese Liga match between Benfica and União de Leiria in Leiria on 26 September 2009, the Estádio Dr. Magalhães Pessoa had their highest attendance figure since the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament. Furthermore, informal estimates by those who attended the football match claim that more than 90% of the stadium was composed of Benfica supporters.

When the first half of the season ended after 15 matches, Benfica had a record of 11 wins, two draws, and one loss, with 39 goals scored and nine conceided. Benfica also has had the highest average home attendance with 46,737; their highest mark was 58,659 against FC Porto.

On March 21, the first solid proof of Jesus' work came with the conquest of the first trophy, a 3–0 win against arch-rivals FC Porto on the 2010 Portuguese League Cup. A game completely dominated by Benfica, who managed to bestow upon its rivals the 2nd defeat of the season.

On April 1 and 8, Benfica were paired with Liverpool in a two-legged quarterfinal matchup in the 2009–10 UEFA Europa League. In Lisbon at the Estádio da Luz, Benfica defeated the English club 2–1 on 1 April. However, despite the positive result in the first leg of the matchup, Benfica was defeated by a score of 4–1 in Liverpool's Anfield Stadium.

On April 13, 2010 in the Lisbon Derby, Benfica played another important match against "capital rivals" Sporting. The match began with Sporting creating more goal opportunities in the first half. Given Benfica's poor tactics, Jorge Jesus replaced Éder Luis with Pablo Aimar. This substitution helped to dramactically improve Benfica's play-making abilities. During the match, Fábio Coentrão placed the ball in the penalty area for Óscar Cardozo to score. Later on, Pablo Aimar, after a great pass from Ramires, managed to score the 2nd goal for Benfica.

On May 9, 2010, Benfica won their final match against Rio Ave and became the Champion of the 2009–2010 Season. Óscar Cardozo scored twice in the game, which made him the top scorer of the season with 26 goals (right ahead of Falcao, with 25 goals; Cardozo scored 9 penalty kicks that aided this conquest)). At the end of the season, Benfica finished 5 points ahead of runner-up, SC Braga (the best result that Braga has had in the history of their football club), with 76 points out of a possible 90. During the 2009–10 Portuguese Liga, Benfica recorded 24 victories, 4 draws and 2 defeats, with 78 goals scored and only 20 conceded. As the 2009–10 Portuguese Liga Champions, Benfica secured their direct entry into the Group Stage of the 2010-11 UEFA Champions League.

On April 14, 2011, Benfica progressed to their first European semi-final (after being eliminated from UEFA Champions League and ending his group in 3rd place to qualify for the Europa League) in 18 years, set to face Braga in the Europa League semi-finals on April 28, 2011.

On April 23, 2011, Benfica won the League Cup Final against Paços de Ferreira, clinching their 3rd consecutive league cup trophy.

On May 5, 2011, Benfica was eliminated by Braga in the semi-finals of Europa League by 2–2 in aggregate, with Braga proceeding to the finals through away goals rule. The winning team would eventually be runners-up to the competition.

The second year of Jorge Jesus heading the club was considered a failure, as the club had the worst championship start of all time. Benfica ended up in second place. The team's only success was the Portuguese League Cup. Benfica reached the semi-finals of the Europa League.

slbenfica2012logo.png

On 7 of November 2019 I got the sack from Leverkusen. And On 16 November 2019 I got offered the job of S.L. Benfica were I was offered a 4 year contract with a wage of £10k a week, and £5million to spend on players Itook it.

These are the Ex Managers of Benfica.

This the situation we now media expect us to finish 2nd. The board not said any thing to me yet.

Team Report

First Team

benficateamreportsquadd.png

Reserves Team

benficareservesteamrepo.png

Under 19's Team

benficaunder19steamrepo.png

League Table

slbenfica2012logo.png

This id the first month I've been in charge. Our first game Pinhalnovense In Taça de Portugal 4th round. We got things rolling with a 5-1 victory.

Then We travelled to Serbia to Red Star Belgrade ( crvena zvezda ) in the CL. I dint know we was in CL. Anyhow we won 2-0 to take us of the foot of the table.

My first game in Liga Zon Sagres was away to Nacional da Madeira Thing dint start great as we gave away a penalty but got a goal back when nani went on a jinking run then passed to Daniel Ferrera to make it a draw

slbenfica2012logo.png

January 2020 Transfer window

As thing was going bad before i came to the helm. I had to revamp the squad and get rid of the deadwood.I tried my my hardest but not all who i wanted to go did go.

These are the players I bought in

slbenfica2012logo.png

End Of Season Report

First of all sorry they ant been much reports at this club had a family tragedy.

Anyhow I got the Spain U23 job, so i can try and add a Olympic gold to my collection.

These are the Fixtures and rest of them

As you can see we got to semis of the Europa League were along the way this was my best Result

Benfica do the double

The league was won on the last day as we had a better head to head over Sporting.

Liga Zon Sagres

Taça de Portugal Final

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Nickname(s)

Three Lions

Association The Football Association

Confederation UEFA (Europe)

Head coach Crag Swfc

Captain None

Most caps Peter Shilton (125)

Top scorer Bobby Charlton (49)

Home stadium Wembley Stadium

FIFA code ENG

FIFA ranking 5

Highest FIFA ranking 4 (4 occasions[1])

Lowest FIFA ranking 27 (February 1996)

Elo ranking 6

Highest Elo ranking 1 (1872–1876

1892–1911

1966–1970

1987–1988)

Lowest Elo ranking 13 (1936)

First international

Scotland 0–0 England

(Partick, Scotland; 30 November 1872)

Biggest win

Ireland 0–13 England

(Belfast, Ireland; 18 February 1882)

Biggest defeat

Hungary 7–1 England

(Budapest, Hungary; 23 May 1954)

World Cup

Appearances 13 (First in 1950)

Best result Winners: 1966

European Championship

Appearances 7 (First in 1968)

Best result Third: 1968

Semi finals: 1996

All before FM

slbenfica2012logo.png

Season 2020/21

Pre season went really good As transfers went. I got most of the deadwood 98% out of the club.

We tied Nani on to a new year contract. And for the players I bought in I got a very good trusted Striker who I been Chasing since he destroyed me at Kuban.

I also Fetched in A couple of my explayers what help me get the sack :o Mohammed konaté Must love me I've took him to 3 clubs. Now he transfer record

Transfers

benficatransfershistory.png

slbenfica2012logo.png

First three months as been for us. First we was made joint Favourites for Liga Zon Sagres with Porto

August

SuperTaça

Sporting 0-3 Benfica

New boy Héctor González was on fire with a ha trick

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 5-0 Vitória Guimarães

From the first to last minute we was gung ho shot after shot

Liga Zon Sagres

Académica 0-6 Benfica

We went into this on a high. It was important we carried on were we felt off/

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 6-0 Olhanense

we had a fully strength squad for the first time this season and every thing we did turned to gold.

September

Liga Zon Sagres

Paços de Ferreira 1-6 Benfica

We started off poor and complacent then the inform striker got going

CL

Benfica 1-0 Ajax

A very tight game were Héctor González nicked it for us

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 2-0 Leixões

should of been 10 must had least 5 disallowed goals and hit wood work time and time again

Liga Zon Sagres

Rio Ave 3-7 Benfica

This was a we score more than you what ever we did to try and stop then dint not work, but the hair dyer did at half time.

CL

Partizan 3-0 Benfica

They showed us up. no player deserving to wear the shirt again

October

Liga Zon Sagres

Belenenses 0-2 Benfica

We had to keep it tight after the nightmare in Cl

Taça de Portugal

Sporting 3-2Benfica

Sporting took revenge

CL

Arsenal 1-1 Benfica

We was lucky to get a draw

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 2-1 Naval

It was a great start by us but forgot to make subs so my player was tired after half time

Player of these 3 months

Mohammed konaté

Liga Zon Sagres

UEFA Champions League Group H

slbenfica2012logo.png

November

Liga Zon Sagres

Gil Vicente 1-4 Benfica

a lack in concentration cost us the first goal, after that we ticked into gear

CL

Benfica 2-0 Arsenal

2 root 1 goals made us win this

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 1-1 Vitória de Setúbal

We welcomed Setúbal to us. I thought our first league defeat in the league was coming but we nicked a point with the last kick of the game

CL

Ajax 3-3 Benfica

Magic Héctor González grabbing a hat-trick saved us a form defeat

Liga Zon Sagres

Nacional da Madeira 1-3 Benfica

We got off to a great start 3 up inside first 15, then as I knew there was a important CL fixture coimg up i took of uper duo Héctor González, Mohammed konaté

December

CL

Benfica 4-2 Partian

We wanted revenge for last time and we got it with Mohammed konaté getting a hat-trick and Selemani Hakizimana geting the other

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 4-1 Sporting

The big derby we went into this knowing it was them knocking us out of Taça de Portugal and it was sweet victory

Liga Zon Sagres

Feirense 0-2 Benfica

a easy victory but Héctor González got injured.

Liga Zon Sagres

UEFA Champions League Group H

We got drawn against Celtic in the UEFA Champions League

Player of season so far

Mohammed konaté

slbenfica2012logo.png

January

January was going to be a hard month for us as we had lot of player going off to ACN.

With the Transfer window open we made 2 signings for free's

BWIN

Benfica 3-1 Nacional da Madeira

superb Nani created so much but dint get man of match they keeper did

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 3-1 Porto

We Welcomed title chasing side here. This was the first game we really thought we miss the ACN players but did we no Daniel Ferreira grabbing a brace.

Liga Zon Sagres

Braga 4-5 Benfica

For the neutrals this was a game but for me my hair was falling out. Talk about end to end it was a basketball game, But hey ho we got the 3 points.

BWIN

Benfica 3-0 Moreirense

we played mostly youth players in this and stood up very well well organised team.

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 3-0 Académica

The Daniel Ferreira show a hat trick

Liga Zon Sagres

Vitória Guimarães 1-5 Benfica

Daniel Ferreira show yet again with a hat trick, And 2 own goals.

February

BWIN

Vitória de Setúbal 1-5 Benfica

We sent out a weakened team so we thought

Liga Zon Sagres

Oliveirense 0-3 Benfica

Goals coming from Guillermo Vilaneva, Rico Skov, Javier Zaragoza

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 8-0 Paços de Ferreira

The ACN players were back. Héctor González getting 4 goals.

CL

Celtic 3-3 Benfica

what a first half we was 3 up and cursing then we come out in the second and dint look like we seen each other before.

Liga Zon Sagres

Leixões 1-2 Benfica

Héctor González, Mohammed konaté got the goals not the greatest game

Liga Zon Sagres

Last 2 months player award

Héctor González

slbenfica2012logo.png

March

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 5-0 Rio Ave

A game we dominated from the start.

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 1-1 Belenenses

I sent out my second team as we ha CL next, but it was Héctor González who came of the bench to get us a draw

CL

Benfica 2-0 Celtic

A great victory with goals coming from Héctor González, Nani

We got Arsenal in the next round.

BWIN

Benfica 2-3 Sporting

after a very good high we was very eager and found players making stupid mistakes

Liga Zon Sagres

Vitória de Setúbal 0-4 Benfica

The team had to show the fans the defeat to sporting was hurting them.

Liga Zon Sagres

Navl 2-5 Benfica

All the goals from super Héctor González

April

Liga Zon Sagres

Gil Vicente 0-3 Benfica

I dint want to make same mistake as last time by paying a weak team just before CL

CL

Benfica 2-3 Arsenal

This was a very good match, but just before in training we had a injury with Mohammed konaté out.

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 3-1 Nacional da Madeira

After a good performance last time out it was important we continued our great league form.

CL

Arsenal 0-4 Benfica

Héctor González got us to a great start with 2 goald then [busmane Sanou[/b] got the other 2 goals

Liga Zon Sagres

Sporting 3-2

We din't learn by playing the weakened team but did put up a good fight. but the saddest thing is our league run come to end.

CL

Benfica 3-0 Marseille

A hat-trick from super Héctor González

Liga Zon Sagres

Player of the last 2 months

Héctor González

slbenfica2012logo.png

May

This was a important month for us as we could get into the Uefa Champions League Final

Liga Zon Sagres

Benfica 10-1 Feirense

this was a game were any 1 on the pitch could of scored. Héctor González & Selemani Hakizimana got 4 goals each with Daniel Ferreira, Robert Ogoo got the others

CL

Marseille 3-4 Benfica

End to end game we score 1 more than you, but it was enough to get us in to CL final.

Liga Zon Sagres

Porto 1-2 Benfica

Goals came from Héctor González & Miroslav Metodiev

Uefa Champions League Final

Benfica 2-1 PSG

We taught Paris Saint-Germain a lesson.

Héctor González the explosive striker gave us the lead on 22 min. Then the full back Aboubacar Dao got the winner on 70 mins.

Man of the match Héctor González

Liga Zon Sagres

Liga Zon Sagres Player Stats

Top Goal Scorer

Héctor González

Uefa Champions League Tree

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers

England 10-0 Luxembourg

I thought we win easy but not this easy

Northen Ireland 1-1 England

Typical derby tight, but was not our best performance

Denmark 2-4 England

poor defending from both sides

England 4-1 Scotland

Always good to win the jocks

Friendly

Tunisia 2-5 England

selection to give young players a chance

Friendly

Argentina 0-2 England

I had to show the old employers i made the right decision by leaving them

Friendly

Poland 0-1 England

good solid performance ready for the qualifiers

Sweden 1-3 England

Things got of slowly. But after a good halt time team talk we was a new team

Luxembourg 0-9 England

Jake Ireland ran the show but we wanted to match the score what we did last time

UEFA World Cup Qualifying League Table

Archived