Aiming for Auckland but missed by quite some way

AcidBurn

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p18582.png

The History

Since the start of the game Milan have only won the title three times once in 2011, then four years later in 2015 and last season. They also bagged the Champions League in 2018 led by Massimilano Allegri who resigned just after winning it and was replaced by Andre Vilas Boas who led them to a Serie A title before leaving to become manager of Portugal. I have now replaced him and want to try and add some more trophies to this huge club. Vilas Boas also led them to their first Italian Cup since the game started.

Current Stars

Andile Jali and Andrea Bertolacci form the current midfield partnership but are both closer to 30 than I would have liked and a situation that needs to be resolved if I am here for more than two or three seasons.

Camillo Arganese The most expensive rated player in the team signed from Bologna four seasons a go for £7 million his value has rocketed and at 26 years old he is just hitting his peak as a player.

Lyes Bougherara Is probably the best defender in the squad at the moment, has all the attributes needed to be a rock in the middle of the defence.

Adrian Carrusca Probably the best striker around and attributes wise one of the best in the world but has not performed well in the friendlies will have to see how he does in proper matches.

My Signings

Connor Wickham I spent a huge £25 million on my number one England striker as I signed him from Sunderland, he is quick and strong and good with the ball at his feet.

Oumar Sylla The club really lacked a quality GK so I went to my old club for the best GK I know of and had a £30 million bid accepted, it is a lot but I feel there is not a single GK on the game as good as Sylla.

Douglas Costa Was unwanted at Man City but on 185k a week which I was not willing to pay so I went for the loan option and was surprised that they wanted no fee and for us to pay only 10 percent of his wages.

Despite being offered £72 million I had 365 million to spend, I have saved £25 million for January so I can properly access the squad in competitive matches and then decide if there are any weaknesses. I failed with bids for Juanmi and Jechow from my old club as neither would agree to a £30 million transfer, Jechow was not even willing to discuss a contract and Juanmi despite being offered 150k a week told us that we were miles apart on the contract. I also went for Santos the Brazilian winger/striker but I stopped the bidding at £20 million.

Jamie Craker[/b] Was another player I looked at I have him and Wickham upfront for my England side and he is great. His pace is unbelievable and combined with his balance despite a nine for dribbling he runs at people and constantly makes trouble for all defenders. Aston Villa wanted around £33 million and I agreed the deal but I went with Wickham instead but may return for Craker in January.

p18582.png

4matches.jpg

serieak.jpg

Great start to the domestic season with Connor Wickham on fire. The 8-0 against Sampdoria is a bit flattering because they had a man sent off in the 13th minute and then another shown a second yellow in the 14th meaning a long time with only nine men. We took advantage and banged in the goals. A little disappointed with the 1-1 at home against Roma could have done with a win there really.

seriecl.jpg

You couldn't make this up, we drew PSG, Besiktas and my old club Malaga. First game of the Champions League we travelled to the place I called home for a couple of years and dispatched of them easily. I was glad to beat them and show Juanmi and Jechow why they should have followed me to Milan. We are in a good position but have back to back games against super rich PSG to come.

After reading SRL88's thread along with Tomtuck's and acidmonkey's threads I have decided to go with monthly updates as I think these really help people get into the thread a lot more than seasonal updates.

p18582.png

seriea11.jpg

serie11matches.jpg

Extremely disappointed with the loss against Udinese at home but we bounced back with two 4-0 wins, Connor Wickham is still firing and scoring all kinds of goals. The win against Juventus was the most pleasing we were 2-1 down and Savic scored an equaliser in the 89th minute, then Wickham turned his man and smashed the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area in the 91st minute. Two more wins followed and I am hoping we can keep up this kind of form.

serieacl11.jpg

After five matches we have qualified for the next round, two draws with PSG were nearly enough but the 4-1 win over my old team Malaga sealed the deal and we will now go on to the knockout stages.

p18582.png

26489483.jpg

After beating Besiktas the draw was made for the next round and it looks like we will be going out, I never beat Lyon they are my eternal FM bogey side. They have beat me throughout FM no matter who I manage, Malaga, Barcelona, Man City, Crewe, Sunderland, Sevilla, etc etc etc. Lets hope I can change that but I am not confident, I really hate Lyon.

p18582.png

milan17.jpg

milan17games.jpg

We go into the winter break top of the league but only on goal difference, Connor Wickham picked up an injury and Carrusca stepped in to bag a few goals. We ended this set of games with three clean sheets which is very rare for a team managed by me. No real impressive results in there apart from the Inter game, we went 2-0 up but ended up being 3-2 down until Seghezzi the young left winger stepped up in the 79th minute to equal the score then broke free in the 90th to smash the ball past the Inter GK and make sure that I won my first Milan derby. In the other matches we were just efficient doing what was needed to win.

Great start to life in Milan. Wickham is on fire!!!

Cheers dude, glad to have an Englishman up front and doing well in Italy, I was surprised no bigger English club ever signed him from Sunderland his attributes are good and he is obviously a very decent player.

is your malaga side so poor you can beat em so much?

lol, they have lost the best GK on the game to me and now have a 36 year old in goal. The AI doesn't seem to be able to get Jechow and Juanmi firing like I did then again the AI never has strikers scoring over a goal a game.

Wow lot has happened since I last checked the thread!

Great season with Malaga and a great performance with Wales in the Euro's. I think you made the right decision in joining and Milan, and you're doing superbly with them. Also great to see you getting Connor Wickham to perform so well.

Keep it up. :thup:

Must say I've been enjoying my Peterhead save and would recommend them, or you know, I've heard Auckland are good...

I enjoyed a couple of seasons at Peterhead a few months a go. I think Auckland City or Crewe are the most likely destinations.

Well, this is a shame. Your Milan team looked deadly in front of goal. Gonna hold out for the update before starting again?

Just slowly deciding what sort of game I want to start a thread about. I like to get a couple of seasons done before posting to make sure I am into the game I am playing.

Archived