chat about real club and transfers etc.

hi i want 2 no about what u fink about how well ur team is goin and the transfers ur team has made/will make so i will start it of.

hu do u fink liverpool should buy, gareth barry or robbie keane?

i think keano cos liverpool hav enough classy midfielders and need another decent striker like torres.

Q.P.R done okay this summer

not spent big like many thought but i believe we have bought in some good players on free

personally i think Radek Cherny is a steal for free.

Personally id like to see us sign another striker, being linked with Andrew Johnson was laughable really, but Ched Evans was realistic it also proves our Billionaire owners arent going to be held to ransom.

Also Q.P.R capped season ticket sales this season, £600 for a season ticket and they have sold over 8000 and have said they will not sell more then 10, 000

Any other R's on the forums?

I personally think Leeds should sign Haber, he looks sharp when he has a chance and scored today. I think he needs to come into the game more, open himself up a bit. If Macca signs him it'll be well worth it for an U21 international with a great future ahead of him.

Leeds have sold nigh on 11,000 season tickets. Not surprised at that seeing as we're favourites to go up... £600+ for a season ticket still don't deter Leeds fans :D

Only signing for Man Utd has been Dan Pettrucci from Roma, and he looks like a decent prospect. If we can get Berbatov for less than £25 Million then grat, otherwise why not just sign Benzema :)

i think dossena and degen will be ones for the future also pachenko seems decent as well but if we do sign keano then we have more of a chance of winnin the prem but talks of villa are probably over as he wants to stay in spain but he wouldve been a good signing

our defence needs boosting as we need a solid replacement for riise and a new winger (i am thinking quaresma or cameronesi would be good, or even bentley if we can get him) but our last season was quite crap as we were about 10 pts behing arsenal (i think anyway)

i think dossena and degen will be ones for the future also pachenko seems decent as well but if we do sign keano then we have more of a chance of winnin the prem but talks of villa are probably over as he wants to stay in spain but he wouldve been a good signing

Even if Liverpool get Keane, i don't think they will challenge for the prem. I reckon it will take a season or two for Liverpool to even be able to consider challenging for the prem as they are so inconsistent in the premiership. If they did as well in the premiership as they did in the CHampions League, they would be top 3 every season!

But, if they do get Keane, i can see a trophy being won, maybe the FA Cup or League Cup.

if they signed villa and keane then they could probaly get runners up but then theyd have to change the formation around so torres, keane and villa get matchesmabe a 4312 with keane as attacking mid and tores andvilla as strikers

we can only hope

I personally think that a lot of clubs have paid over the odds for players. Such as dave kitson, jo, bosingwa etc.

On another note my club forest have made some good signings. Rob earnshaw has a proven record in the championship, Paul anderson is highly rated at liverpool, Moussi looks a good prospect and andy cole will also get a few goals

I'd be fairly happy with Berbatov, but I'm not really sure how he fits in with the young team that's being built.

I agree. Someone younger would be more approriate, such as Benzema, Aguero or Huntelaar. Or, if we were really lucky and spent a load of money, im sure Messi wouldn't mind joining the champions of Europe :D

I personally think that a lot of clubs have paid over the odds for players. Such as dave kitson, jo, bosingwa etc.

On another note my club forest have made some good signings. Rob earnshaw has a proven record in the championship, Paul anderson is highly rated at liverpool, Moussi looks a good prospect and andy cole will also get a few goals

Yeah, Kitson for £5.5 Million fgs. I dno't think he's worth more than £2.5 Million, never mind more than double that. And Bosingwa for £16.2 Million, that's insane. Until Chelsea bid for him, i hadn't heard anything conclusive about him being a decent player. That's more than it cost Barca to get Hleb!!

And I've heard good things about Anderson so god look to Forest.

£119 Million! I read it aws £80ish, or does your figure include clauses?

God, you could Buy Ronaldo, Benzema and Ji Sing Park and still have change! lol

That is a phenominal fee. I believe that is is almost what Mike Ashley paid for Newcastle! He paid something like £140 Million.

Considering Ronaldo, current World Player of the year is only worth around £80,000,000, Kaka is very much overpriced.

Yeah, imagine if Abramovich leaves as his club isn't winning anything. How would they pay the £130,000 fees of the players and fund ridiculous fees.

Well, as real life has shown, money only buys the league for two years. Then it goes back to talent. I hope Chelsea do get relegated as i mean i know Spurs and Man Utd spend money, but i think the maximum is about £55 Million and that is when they havn't spent much in recent years, whereas Chelsea spend hundereds of Millions, exclusing the sign on fees, clauses and contracts.

Probably the only Gillingham fan in quite some radius ;) joking lol I have two questions: How is your teams pre-season going? Who is the best player in the world?

1) Leeds are doing well, shaping up nicely and still unbeaten :D came back from 2-0 down yesterday to win 3-2! Looks promising and hope it continues throughout 2008/2009.

2) Torres in my honest opinion

Archived