Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally up to date and read through the whole thing. I tell you what, i've spent a fair few days at work reading through you and SRL88's threads right from there starts respectively and god its helped pass a few boring days at work. Bit stuck what to do now.

One thing its done is make my frustration at not being able to play FM12 as much as I use to alot worse!

One question is, do you watch the matches or just commentary etc. Also do you leave alot to your assistant. Like press conferences etc. Even when I didnt have a new born child or football team to run in real life it still took me ages to progress a game. Im too OCD over searching for potential targets etc IMO. Everytime a FM comes out I average 2 saves and play them for the duration the games out.

Obviously my thread is better than SRL's - all the pictures are working! :D

I just watch the key highlights most of the time, sometimes extended highlights. I don't leave too much to my assistant, and this probably why i am only in 2028 while SRL is in 2041, despite me only starting my save a few weeks after his.

The final looked like a great game mate. Well done on the Champions League

It was a bit nervy for my liking near the end!

Fantastic achievement on winning the CL, congrats mate :thup:

Cheers. Hopefully there will be more to come during my career.

Great CL campaign in general.

I quite agree! :D

Congrats on the double :thup:

Got to be honest and say i was a bit disappointed that we couldn't make it a treble by adding FA Cup.

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2028 - Manchester United

Premier League

PLFixtures-May2028_zpsd0532d3b.png

PLTable-May2028_zps44ef38f8.png

We got over the line and made it six Premier League titles in a row!

We went into the month knowing that seven points from our last three games would seal the title, and that is exactly what we got. Things started with a disappointing home draw against rivals Liverpool. However, we responded to that slight setback brilliantly, dishing out an 8-0 hammering to already relegated Southampton. That meant that we went into the last day a point ahead of Swansea, safe in the knowledge that a win at Leicester would be enough. We managed a 1-0 victory courtesy of an early Aaron Wirth goal, but as it turned out we could have lost and still taken the trophy as Swansea were defeated 3-0 at Man City on the final day.

Six in a row. Unreal.

Champions League - Final

CLFixtures-May2028_zpsac0d499c.png

A superb game of football went in our favour thanks to a stunning performance form Argentinian front man Leonel Colace, who grabbed all three goals in the victory. This was the first time the club had won the Champions League twice in a row, and the first time I had achieved that in my career.

What a great way to end things.................

PFAPOTY2027-28-Colace_zps5cad2c71.png

A richly deserved award. He was excellent in the second half of the campaign, smashing in 20 goals in his final 16 appearances.

PFAYPOTY2027-28-Monington_zps5294a152.png

He had a tough time of it late on in the season, but overall this was well deserved.

MOTY2027-28-Lewis_zps19b90f6d.png

Just about deserved this ahead of the Swnasea boss I'd say.

PFATOTY-2027-28_zpsea2c0667.png

Delighted for these three players, they were so instrumental for us this season.

Obviously my thread is better than SRL's - all the pictures are working! :D

I just watch the key highlights most of the time, sometimes extended highlights. I don't leave too much to my assistant, and this probably why i am only in 2028 while SRL is in 2041, despite me only starting my save a few weeks after his.

It was a bit nervy for my liking near the end!

Cheers. Hopefully there will be more to come during my career.

I quite agree! :D

Got to be honest and say i was a bit disappointed that we couldn't make it a treble by adding FA Cup.

Ha! Brilliant! I think SRL88 missed those comments lol!

Similar to me, I only play with replays of goals, but I always attend all press conferences etc and never leave anything to my assistant. End of the day even with the best assistant they are not me and I find they always say things I'd never say which can effect morale etc....I like to think im good at saying the right things even if deep down its not what i'd really say. Gets the right responses from the team though.

Currently working my way through a save as Viking FK in Norway. Hoping to achieve half as much success as you have.Keep up the good updates.

Also well done on virtually all your pictures still working lol!

While I'm in 2067 despite starting slightly later and a season earlier :D

Only virtually? Are there some missing? :(

Oh quiet you! :D

Very early on in the thread there was a few red x's but then again I do live in east anglia where we only had running water and electricity installed in 2006 (not really but you get my point ;) lol) and the internet isnt brilliant in these pasts and highly unstable.

Got 1 major complaint. The fact that Ipswich town are not only in the Prem but keep surviving while Norwich are nowhere to be seen. highly unrealistic. ;)

Keep up the good work and I hope to see Norwich Return to the Premier League sometimes soon on your thread (they wont as they seriously under value ncfc everytime on FM)

Very early on in the thread there was a few red x's but then again I do live in east anglia where we only had running water and electricity installed in 2006 (not really but you get my point ;) lol) and the internet isnt brilliant in these pasts and highly unstable.

Hmmm will have to give things a look when I'm home from work. Be proper pissed off if there's quite a few. :mad:

no way.I remember 2 or 3. But nothing major. Blooming SRL88's went on for pages and pages, thats when youd have to be pissed off. That'll take a while to sort. Like I said it was early on in the thread and could've just been my dodgey internet at work but other pictures loaded up. Cant recall what page but I swear one def was above or bellow the champions league logo I think. Not much help I know sorry.

no way.I remember 2 or 3. But nothing major. Blooming SRL88's went on for pages and pages, thats when youd have to be pissed off. That'll take a while to sort. Like I said it was early on in the thread and could've just been my dodgey internet at work but other pictures loaded up. Cant recall what page but I swear one def was above or bellow the champions league logo I think. Not much help I know sorry.

Well couldn't have been my thread then, as I never posted the Champions League logo. :D

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2027/28 - Manchester United

The details of the Community Shield are on the previous page in post 2077.

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Champions)

Nowhere near as spectacular as last season, but we still managed to lift the trophy come the end of the season. It was without a doubt the most satisfying triumph during my reign as this year we were pushed all the way. Swansea put up a very good fight, but just fell at the last, making things look a bit more comfortable than was the case.

This was my sixth title in six years at the club, and the clubs 28th title ovverall.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the Semi Finals

For the second year in a row we fell at the semi final stage. For most of the rounds I gave some of the younger players a chance, and for the most part they did themselves proud, espacially in quarter final against Huddersfield. We exited to Arsenal after a dire performance, no complaints at all.

Arsenal went on to lift the trophy, beating Bolton in the final.

League Cup

Eliminated in the Quarter Finals

We fell at the quarter finals once again, but I wasn't remotely disappointed or annoyed. I almost exclusively used youngters, and they put in some good showings to aid their development. Against Spurs we played well, just couldn't finish off our good play.

Tottenham were knocked out in the semi finals by Chamionship side Leeds.

Champions League

Winners

For a second year in a row, we were just brilliant throughout the tournament. Apart from a slip-up in Madrid against Atletico, the group stage was pretty easy. In the knockout rounds we face three formidable opponents, and got past them in style. The obvious highlight was battering Real Madrid in the first leg of the semi final, but winning 2-0 in Milan was superb, as was the feeling of the late goals in the quarter final second leg against Barcelona.

The final saw us meet Juventus, whom we knocked out at last seasons semi final stage. To say it was a classic is a bit of an understatement. They went ahead, and then we went 2-1 up. They drew level again, before we got a winner, making it 3-2. Leonel Colace was the hero, grabbing a hattrick.

This was the fourth Champions League triumph of my career. It was mine, and the clubs, second in a row, and the clubs fifth European Cup overall.

Club World Cup And UEFA Super Cup

Club World Cup - UEFA Super Cup

We were excellent in the Club World Cup in December, securing the club first win in this competition since 2008 with a 2-0 victory over Brazilian side Corinthians. In the UEFA Super Cup we beat Swansea by the same 2-0 scoreline.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

Once again we saw so many excellent performances this season. One player who was a bit of a disappointment, (can't believe I'm saying this), was Gomes. He missed a big chunk of the season through August to November, but when he came back from injury he never got fully into the rhythm of things. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come from him.

The club again had a good transfer period. Letting Gokhan Kip leave in January wasn't something I wanted to do, but he wouldn't sign a new contract. Hugo Alvarrez came into replace him, and after a bit of time adjusting, he came good with some excellent performances towards the end of the season.

I don' really think I need to go into any details about the finances. They're just unreal.

Top 3 Players

Leonel Colace

A simply amazing season from the Argentine as he really came of age. His performances in the Champions League knockout rounds just blew me, and the opposition, away. Awe inpriring.

Aaron Wirth

Great season from the Chilean, hitting 21 goals and 15 assists in 49 appearances.

Christian Radu

Just a beast of a centre half. A rock at the back.

What Next

We shall see.....................

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

FC Seoul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012  |  K-League  |  6th       |  KO'ed in 1st Rnd Of Playoffs        |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2013  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners
| 2014  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2015  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2016  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2017  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners, Asian CL Winners
| 2018  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2019  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners, CWC Runners-up
| 2020  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2021  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2022  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2023  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  
| 2024  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners, Peace Cup Winners
| 2025  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2026  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2027  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners

Yet another league title, but also winners of the Asian Champions League for the first time since 2022. :cool:

Bristol Rovers

| Season  |  League       |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                       |  Other
| 2012/13  |  League 1  |  19th       |  Survival                                   |  
| 2013/14  |  League 1  |  18th       |                                                  |  
| 2014/15  |  League 1  |  14th       |                                                  |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  10th       |                                                  |  
| 2016/17  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                               |
| 2017/18  |  League 2  |  3rd         |  Promoted                                |  
| 2018/19  |  League 1  |  24th       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2019/20  |  League 2  |  14th       |                                                  |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  19th       |                                                  |
| 2021/22  |  League 2  |  13th       |                                                  |
| 2022/23  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions         |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  23rd       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2024/25  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff final               |  
| 2025/26  |  League 2  |  7th          |  Promoted via playoffs            |  FA Cup 3rd Rnd
| 2026/27  |  League 1  |  4th          |  Promoted via playoffs            |  FA Cup 3rd Rnd
| 2027/28  |  Champ'ship  |  24th          |  Relegated            |  

The Gas suffered an immediate return to League One, finishing some ten points adrift of safety.

Boston United

| Season |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                             |  Other
| 2013/14  |  League 2  |  8th          |                                                   |  
| 2014/15  |  League 2  |  2nd         |  Promoted                                 |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  22nd       |  Relegated                                 |  
| 2016/17  |  League 2  |  23rd        |  Relegated                                 |
| 2017/18  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff final                 |  
| 2018/19  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  
| 2019/20  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Promoted via playoffs              |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions           |
| 2021/22  |  League 1  |  5th          |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  JPT Trophy Runners-up
| 2022/23  |  League 1  |  14th        |                                                   |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  20th        |  Survived relegation                  |  FA Cup 4th Rnd
| 2024/25  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                                  |  
| 2025/26  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  
| 2026/27  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff final                  |  
| 2027/28  |  League 2  |  14th         |                                                   |  Lge Cup 3rd Rnd

A desperately disappointing campaign after coming so close to promotion in the last two seasons. They did however have a good run in the League Cup.

Swansea City

| Season |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                             |  Other
| 2017/18  |  Prem Lge  |  8th       |                                                     |  CWC Runners-up, Super Cup Runners-up, Comm Shield Runners-up
| 2018/19  |  Prem Lge  |  2nd      |  CL Qual                                     |  
| 2019/20  |  Prem Lge  |  5th       |  Europa Lge Qual                       |  Comm Shield Runners-up
| 2020/21  |  Prem Lge  |  3rd       |  CL Qual                                     |
| 2021/22  |  Prem Lge  |  6th       |  Europa Lge Qual                       |  CL Runners-up
| 2022/23  |  Prem Lge  |  4th       |  CL Play Off Rnd                        |  
| 2023/24  |  Prem Lge  |  6th       |                                                     |  CL Winners
| 2024/25  |  Prem Lge  |  2nd      |  CL Qual                                      |  CWC Winners, Super Cup Winners
| 2025/26  |  Prem Lge  |  5th       |  Europa Lge Qual                        |  
| 2026/27  |  Prem Lge  |  5th       |  Europa Lge Qual                        |  FA Cup Winners, Europa Lge Winners
| 2027/28  |  Prem Lge  |  2nd      |  CL Qual                                      |  Europa Lge Runners-up, Super Cup Runners-up, Comm Shield Winners

A superb league campaign from the Swans as they ran us so close in the league. They lost on penalties in the Europa League Final to Racing Santander.

Manchester City

| 2022/23  |  Prem Lge  |  3rd       |  CL Qual                                     |  CWC Winners, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Runners-up, Carling Cup Runners-up, Comm Shield Runners-up
| 2023/24  |  Prem Lge  |  4th       |  CL Play Off Rnd                        |  Comm Shield Runners-up
| 2024/25  |  Prem Lge  |  3rd       |  CL Qual                                     |  Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Runners-up
| 2025/26  |  Prem Lge  |  3rd       |  CL Qual                                     |  
| 2026/27  |  Prem Lge  |  2nd      |  CL Qual                                     |  CL Runners-up
| 2027/28  |  Prem Lge  |  4th       |  CL Play Off Rnd                        |  

A very poor season from City. They finished eleven points off top spot and only got 4th by a point. They also had little impact on the other competitions.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 22nd 2028

BREAKING NEWS

LewisManUtdResignation-May2028_zpsf878d62c.png

Just two days after Manchester United's Champions League triumph over Juventus, boss Thomas Lewis has announced his resignation with immediate effect! We now cross live for a statement from the former United boss;

Statement released by Thomas Lewis;

Ladies and gentlemen of the media, I would like to thank you for attending this press conference. I'd like to keep things short, so I won't be answering any quetions at this time.

Today, I have decided that it is the right time for me to leave my position as manager of Manchester United Football Club.

When I took over six years ago, the club had gone seven years without a trophy. My job was to get them back to their former glories, and after guiding the team to twentyone trophies in six years, I believe my job is done.

As you all know, I am a life-long United supporter, which is what made this decision all the more difficult. To be totally honest though, the thought of leaving has been playing around in my mind since last years Champions League triumph. I very nearly left then, but I decided to stay one more year to try and defend the Champions League trophy, something very few teams have ever done. As a club, we achieved that, and thus my reign as United boss has come to an end.

During my six years here I have worked with some brilliant people, and I would like to thank all of them. These people, not the trophies won, made this the greatest six years of my managerial career, and indeed my life, and I will never forget any of them.

The fans aswell have been fantastic. Never in my life did I think that they would take to me like they did after joining from their city rivals. Infact, I nearly didn't take the job because of that concern, but blimey, I'm glad I did.

I don't know where my career will take me next, but for now I ask for some privacey, so that me and my wife can take a well earned holiday.

I would also like to wish the players and future manager the greatest of luck in the coming years. Keep the red flag flying high.

Thank you.

ManUtdStaffExodus-May2028_zps564eea2d.png

Here is my record during my six years as United boss;

LewisManUtdRecord-May2022-May2028_zpse10d3443.png

Cups Won

2 UEFA Chamions Leagues

1 UEFA Europa League

2 FA Cups

3 League Cups

1 Club World Cup

2 UEFA Super Cups

4 Community Shields

I'm guessing people will think I took the easy route in a way again, (money wise probably), by joining a massive club, but frankly I'm not bothered. I'm proud of my record at United. On no edition of FM have I had so much sucess with them.

What has AVB done on your save?

Excuse my language, but **** all really.

His last title, (with the exception of winning the Championship with Newcastle in 2026/27), was in the 2017/18 season with Inter, and that was his last major trophy. During the save, he has won just six trophies, and has been sacked from more or less every position he has held.

In fairness to him, he has won the Champions League, but that was back in 2012/13 season with Chelsea.

With Barcelona last season, he finished fourth in La Liga, aswell as getting knockout of the quarter finals of both the Champions League and Copa del Rey.

I'm in 2020, managing in Italy with Fiorentina, and both Milan clubs are in the bottom half. On that basis I'd choose Bayern, but both are great opportunities, as they can be massive clubs, regardless of their actual current level in your game.

The issue I would have with Bayern is that there isn't much of a challenge there. During the save they have won the title on all but two occasions. The only challenge with them would be to win the European Cup, something they haven't managed since 2001.

The challenge at Inter is much more inviting though. They have won very few trophies over the course of the save, and last season finished a lowly seventh place in Serie A.

I would pick Inter. Bayern seem to dominate German football so it wouldnt be to much of a challenge, and as you said, you would like to manage in Italy.

That is certainly my train of thought.

I'll have to talk it over with the wife. :D

Of course. I dont blame you!!

I think the Milan fashion scene is appealing to herg :thup:

Thought you'd want a bit more of a challenge than that.

I'm the greatest manamger of all time, i'm hardly going to take over at Lazio who have languished in Serie B for the last ten years! :D

Archived