Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Domestic and Europa Leagues looking very good in these early stages :thup:
Another cracking month.

Cheers guys. :thup:

It's probably a good thing we've started so well - this month we face Juventus (A), Verona (H), Sampdoria (A), and Milan (H). Not an easy run!!

You accounted for second placed Roma fairly easily, so a good run this month looks likely and would set you up well.

We'll have to wait and see. I think i'd be quite happy with three wins and a defeat from those four games to be honest.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2028 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Nov2028_zps3daf624e.png

SerieATable-Nov2028_zps2e2ceecb.png

Got t be perfectly honest and say that I am pretty happy with our points return from these four games - but it could have been better. We started by taking a battering in Turin interms of chances created; we had 60% of the possession, but Juve had 16 attempts to our two, so we really ecaped with a point from this game. High flying Verona then came to the Giuseppe Meazza, and we dealt with them with comfortable ease. Sampdoria are not having a good time of things at the minute, but a trip to face them is always tricky, and so it proved to be as we came away from the Luigi Ferraris with a 1-0 win. The month rounded off with the Milan Derby, and it was a fairly drab game that ended 0-0, but we missed a chance to win it from the penalty spot.

We still sit top at the minute, but next we go to Florence to face Fiorentina, who after a poor start are now unbeaten in eight games.

November 2028 Continued

Europa League

ELFixtures-Nov2028_zps55f7a39e.png

ELTable-Nov2028_zps570ce855.png

We didn't perform at all well in Belgium, but escaped with a point that saw us qualify for the next round. Maccabi Haifa took the lead earl on against us in the next, but we came back strongly to take a comfortable 3-1 thanks in large to a double from loanee Kennth Gustavsen.

The group finishes in December with a trip to Rotterdam to take on Feyenoord.

He is on 2500 or something so probably that :p.
Of course not anywhere near that :D

You've got to remember, i did take a year out of club football ahead of the 2018 World Cup, and was unemployed for a few months after leaving FC Seoul. :thup:

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2028 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Dec2028_zps8413e314.png

SerieATable-Dec2028_zpsff2e90ca.png

The month got off to a poor start as my 1000th game in management ended in a 2-1 loss at Fiorentina, a defeat that in truth we deserved. We bounced back though by first beating Catania 2-0, and then going to Reggina and winning 3-1 with Anton Lazarev in sparkling form in both matches. Thos two wins ensure that we head into the winter break right on the coat tails of city rivals Milan.

Our first game after the break is at home to Juve Stabia, who have been performing above all expectations since their promotion last season.

December 2028 Continued

Europa League

ELFixtures-Dec2028_zps8a5f55ee.png

ELTable-Dec2028_zps3ed7bb4a.png

We finished the group stage of the Europa League with a solid 1-0 win for the kids in Rotterdam in Feyenoord, meaning that the group was won with considerable ease, with us finishing with five wins and a draw.

In the firt knockout round we have been given a pretty straight forward tie, but if we get past the Austrians we will face either Sampdoria or Borussia Dortmund, either of which could be tricky.

Taking on Wein should be simple enough. You have a solid chance against either Sampdoria or Dortmund, so long as your squad doesn't play like you said you did against Fiorentina :)

Well we shouldn't - we've won every game, (all six of them!!), since they did that to us. :D

Shame on the defeat to Fiorentina, but things in Europe should be easy.

I hate the word "should". :(

On a serious note, the Fiorentina result has made me buck up my ideas. Before I was rotanting too much and tinkering with my formations, etc. Now it has been much more settled with the good results have come.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2029 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Jan2029_zpsfe047c59.png

SerieATable-Jan2029_zps8baf6ec9.png

A really top month as we took the lead back in the race for the title. We took Juve Stabia apart in the first game back after christmas, and then went away to Udinese and put three past them without reply. The game at Frosinone was tough due to the snow and their narrow pitch, bit we overcame those difficulties to run out 3-1 winners. Our final game of the month was at home to Chievo, and boy did they test us. We just couldn't get past them, attack after attack was rebuffed, until eventually captain marvel stepped up to the plate and curled in a superb effort with just twelve minutes to go.

We face a tricky test at Genoa next, before two home games against Sassuolo and Bari.

Coppa Italia - 1st Round, Quarter Final, and Semi Final 1st Leg

CoppaItaliaFixtures-Jan2029_zps3bbb44a7.png

Three excellent performances see us in a great position to make the final. We crushed Catania in the first round after a team blending both youth and experience together really hit things off. We then went to Roma and put in an excellent controlling performance. In the semi final firt leg we did the same against Genoa, scoring early and then just seeing things out.

The second leg of the semi isn't until the end of March, and if we make it through to the final we will face either Sampdoria or Juventus.

Transfers

A fair bit of business was done during the January transfer window. Two players left the club and four came in. Thos who left were third choice goalkeeer Luis Milano, who joined Cordoba for £950,000. The other was Daniel Festa, whos loan deal I decided to terminate.

Here are those who came in;

Daniel Lemaitre

Another young central midfielder at the club with 3 and 1/2* potential. Some of his mentals are very good already, and there is cleary alot of quality to work with. A fee of £2.3million was paid to Rennes for his services.

Ricardo Baquero

At £2.2million he is not my most expenive signing of the window, but certainlky my riskiest. He is already nineteen and hasn't been developed much at Sevilla, so nuturing him might take some time. Hopefully he will prove to be worth the risk.

Leonardo Cicchelli

Another young man with 3 and 1/2* potential. He is very young so has alot of time to be develoed, and he already has a few decent stats to work with. The fee is a £1.5million basic with add-ons which would take it to £2.4million.

Cosmin Goga

An excellent looking young player. As with Lemaitre and Cicchelli he has 3 and 1/2* potential, but unlike the other he had some game time at his old club so has developed nicely already. The £2.5million fee aid to Chelsea could be well worth it.

We could have also signed Karl Monington from Mancheter United this month; everything was agreed, but I pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute. Maybe it will be revisited in the summer.

2 or 3 weeks ago I went deep trying to read this from beginning to end but only could get to 10 pages or so. So tonight I skimmed through the rest whilst playing my own career. It still took me some 2 hours. :D

Your work at Swansea - just absolutely brilliant. Then the England World Cup win! (even if it killed Portugal's dreams :( ). Jason Malpass was just :cool:

Well done again afterwards with City and it was fitting you got the Champions League in a final over Swansea. Again, Jason Malpass. :cool:

After that I love that move from City to Utd. Just pure madness. It was great not just because of the rivalry but because you left yourself two very difficult AI sides to manage against as opponents to Utd: Swansea and City. Puzzlingly you got the league early (and retained it for 6 seasons!!), but the difficulty was in Europe. And again, hugely fitting to get the win over City! Nice touch to do the season after the CL and win the world title, and with the bonus of retaining the CL!

Good luck with Inter and the season so far has been highly encouraging.

Overall top marks for one of the best careers around in the forum, that super-winning season with Swansea has got to be one of the best achievements from everyone here this year. I'm just sorry I didn't follow this from earlier on but the massive size of the thread delayed the reading!!

2 or 3 weeks ago I went deep trying to read this from beginning to end but only could get to 10 pages or so. So tonight I skimmed through the rest whilst playing my own career. It still took me some 2 hours. :D

Your work at Swansea - just absolutely brilliant. Then the England World Cup win! (even if it killed Portugal's dreams :( ). Jason Malpass was just :cool:

Well done again afterwards with City and it was fitting you got the Champions League in a final over Swansea. Again, Jason Malpass. :cool:

After that I love that move from City to Utd. Just pure madness. It was great not just because of the rivalry but because you left yourself two very difficult AI sides to manage against as opponents to Utd: Swansea and City. Puzzlingly you got the league early (and retained it for 6 seasons!!), but the difficulty was in Europe. And again, hugely fitting to get the win over City! Nice touch to do the season after the CL and win the world title, and with the bonus of retaining the CL!

Good luck with Inter and the season so far has been highly encouraging.

Overall top marks for one of the best careers around in the forum, that super-winning season with Swansea has got to be one of the best achievements from everyone here this year. I'm just sorry I didn't follow this from earlier on but the massive size of the thread delayed the reading!!

I honestly don't know what to say to this post, it's probably the nicest I've had in reaction to the thread. Thank you for taking the time to read through all of it - it really means alot.

The work at Swansea was probably my greatest achievement club wise, as compared to when I was with City and United I didn't have hundreds of millions of pounds to throw at the transfer market and couldn't attract the best players, so I had to be a bit more savvy about how I did things. Doing the quadruple in my final season there was something I had never managed before, and haven't since.

I am sorry about how I took Portugal apart in the World Cup Final, but I did give them a two goal headstart! And it wasn't my fault that Jason Malpass decided it was time to announce himself on the world stage right at that point!

I like to see my time at City as my little indulgence really. They hadn't been very successful in the first few seasons of the save, so it was a bit of fun to have all that money to throw around to get them winning stuff. Thankfully since then, they haven't won too much!

How the move to United happened even shocked me. The reaction of the Manchester City board and fans was something I will always remember from this save. I had to make that move; I had already brought trophies to United's rivals, so I had to get them back on the top. Added to fact that it is the club I support, it made it all even sweeter. Getting on to the "Legends" list at United is probably my proudest moment in any Football Manager game. I did think about staying to continue to develop to the young players at the club, but it was the right time to move on.

And I wouldn't apologise about finding the size of the thread daunting - I do! So that's why I'm always really greatful to those poters like you who are taking the time to read it all the way through now that it's 20+ pages long.

Cosmin Goga could be worth throwing in straight away. Cracking talent :thup:.

He has had to be. My regular left back picked up a knock, as did my regular right back, meaning the more experienced back-up left back has been playing on the right. Not ideal, but he hasn't let anyone down.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2029 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Feb2029_zpsff7aa22c.png

SerieATable-Feb2029_zpsce0704a4.png

Well it was a very good month really, with the excetion of the rather big slip at the end of it. The month started with a cracking 3-1 win at Genoa, with Alessio Bani hitting a double. He performed the same trick again as we beat Sassuolo 3-0 at the San Siro. We then then welcomed Bari to our patch, and they played a magnificent defensive game. As always, Anton Lazarev came up with a captains goal late in the day to give us what could be a crucial 1-0 win. A difficult trip to Roma followed, but this was probably our best performance onf the season. We won 2-0, and it was a superb display. Then came the Parma slip. We took the lead after just eight minutes, but didn't add to it. After just five minutes of the second half Parma equalised from a corner, and then on the hour mark they broke away and took the lead. We fell apart to be honest, and Parma threatened to run riot, but thankfully our goalkeeper ket it to 2-1.

We are still top of the table, but only by a point. Next we travel to Brescia, looking to bounce back.

Europa League - 1st Knockout Round

ELFixtures-Feb2029_zps7eaffbd0.png

Well we got through, but we had a bit of trouble to begin with! In the first leg we trailed 1-0 at the break, and then were actually 2-0 down after fifty minutes. Just six minutes though we had drawn level, and after that we pushed and pushed but couldn't grab winner. In the second leg we were in top gear, and thumped them 4-0 to take the tie 6-2 on aggregate.

We face Sampdoria in the next round, after they routed Dortmund 6-3 on aggregate.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2029 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Mar2029_zpsa16b2b22.png

SerieATable-Mar2029_zpscee5404a.png

Another pretty god month in the league, with the only two points droed ensuring we maintain a lead at the top of the table. The month started with us bouncing back from defeat to Parma with an emphatic 4-1 win at Brescia, before we swept Napoli aside 3-1 at the San Siro. A fairly disappointing draw at Palermo followed, but we couldn't really complain about it as they played really well. The month finished with the Derby d'Italia, and after an early red card for Juve, we cruised to a comfortable 2-0 win.

We travel to Verona next, who are going well in eighth place.

March 2029 Continued

Coppa Italia - Semi Final 2nd Leg

CIFixtures-Mar2029_zps6bde7a3f.png

Well it wasn't pretty, but we got a result that saw us through to the final. Genoa lead at halftime, but just three minutes into the second half we were 2-1 infront. With twenty minutes remaining however, Genoa hit back. They pushed for another, but we held on to take the tie 3-2 on aggregate.

In the final we face Juventus at the Stadio Olimpico.

Europa League - 2nd Knockout Round

ELFixtures-Mar2029_zps6353e6ed.png

Well this was unexected. As usual I rotated the side somewhat, but we still should have been strong enough to make it through the tie. Sampdoria took the lead early in the firt leg but we equalised before halftime. Both teams searched for a winner in the secon period but couldn't find one. In the second leg we were just outplayed, and should have gone down by two or three. All I can do is congratulate Sampdoria on two excellent performances.

Cracking stuff, keep going chap.

Now im finally up to the present my only advice would be quit your job, leave your family and literally play FM12 24/7 so that while im board at work I have the daunting task of reading 20+ pages like I did when I first started reading this thread lol! Not much of an ask really. :p keep up the good work, only wish I had more time to play my save as Viking FK in Norway. Going well but would take me around 5 real life years playing constantly to reach where your up to as I just dont have much free time at the minute, unlike the old days.

Spend this weekend reading your career and enjoyed every bit. Especially your time at Swansea was legendary. Your career (among other great ones in this forum) inspired me to try a journeyman save myself when fm13 arives

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread through. And i'm glad to have helped to inspire someone to doing a save like this. It's easily been my best save of recent years.

Good results for March :thup: How's the youth getting on in the league?

Well it was alright. Should have done better in the Europa League though.

With the youth, do you mean my players, or the general state of the Italian youth?

Milan sticking with you still.

I just can't shake them off. We seem to be taking turns at dropping points. :thdn:

Cracking stuff, keep going chap.

Now im finally up to the present my only advice would be quit your job, leave your family and literally play FM12 24/7 so that while im board at work I have the daunting task of reading 20+ pages like I did when I first started reading this thread lol! Not much of an ask really. :p keep up the good work, only wish I had more time to play my save as Viking FK in Norway. Going well but would take me around 5 real life years playing constantly to reach where your up to as I just dont have much free time at the minute, unlike the old days.

Hmmm i think i'm too valuable to the company i work for to just leave and play FM! :D

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2029 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-Apr2029_zps5fbe4784.png

SerieATable-Apr2029_zpsa59c6ab8.png

Oh dear, the wheels have come off somewhat.

The month began in fine style with us winning 4-1 at Verone and then defeating Sampdoria 3-0 at home. The Milan Derby came next, and it was a very even game, but Milan's clinical finishing proved to be the difference as they won 2-1 to take advantage in the title race. We bounced back from that with a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Fiorentina, before disaster struck at Catania. After 72mins we finally took the lead and it looked like we were heading for a 1-0 win to keep us in touching distance of Milan. However, Catania had different ideas, and hit back with just five minutes to go to give us a difficult task in our quest for the Serie A trophy.

With have Reggina at home next, knowing we can't afford a slip-up.

Your players :thup: Sorry, didn't clear it up properly.

It's fine. :)

I assume you mean the three I posted screenshots of just after I took the job? Well Tommaso Facciotto has done excellently playing in the AMR role, often keeping out a much more exerienced Italian international. From 40 appearances he has scored 5 goals and managed 13 assists, averaging 7.22.

Young DM Ray McGuinness has averaged 7.14 from 20 appearances. And fullback Diego Serra has played ten times in the Coppa Italia/Europa League and has average 7.15.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2028/29 - Inter Milan

Coppa Italia Final

How We Got To The Final

CI-HowWeGotToTheFinal-2028-29_zpse373317c.png

We put in a great performance against Catania in the first round, before getting an excellent win at Roma in the quarter final. That set up a semi final against Genoa, which we won 3-2 on aggregate. After a great first leg win away from home, Genoa nearly upset us in the return leg. However, we grinded out a draw to send us through to the final against Juventus.

The Final

vs.Juventus

CIFinalvsJuventus-May2029_zps483e3982.png

On the day it just wasn't to be. In all honesty it was a fairly dire game, with neither side managing many efforts on target. Juve managed to put away one of just three attempts on target throughout the game to take victory.

Poor performance from us, but it was just a oor game in general.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2029 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SerieAFixtures-May2029_zpsf9aad5a4.png

SerieATable-May2029_zps4156ba36.png

Well we somehow did it!! Three wins from our last three games helped us to win the title, as did Milan's awful finish to the season.

The month started with a 3-2 win at home to Reggina, a game that was not god on the nerves. We raced into a two goal lead, but before halftime Reggina had levelled it up. We pushed and pushed for goal in the second half and it just wouldn't come. But captain marvel popped up as usual to save us, winning it with just eleven minutes to go. A trip to face Juve Stabia was next up, and we gave them a bit of a hiding. After just eight minutes we took the lead, and although they hit back we raced into a 3-1 lead before the break. Stabia clawed another goal back, but Sebastien Legrand, who already had two goals, wasn't finished. He smashed in another three times in the last 22minutes to give us a 6-2 win. We went into the last game of the season at home to Udinese knowing that victory would seal the title, and we did it in style, hammering them 6-0.

What a turnaround in those last three games. Just unbeliveable.

Coppa Italia - Final

CIFixtures-May2029_zps3adfd40c.png

Can't complain about this result. Juventus were poor, but we were even worse. What a shocking cup final this was.

Archived