Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Good to see the gap opening up between you and Geona in the league :cool: Epic win over Marseille :eek:

Well the gap needs be there, as i said before we have a few tough away trips in the second half of the season.

And honestly, Lord knows what happened against Marseille. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2030 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Jan2030_zpsfb83deab.png

SATable-Jan2030_zps07a78857.png

Happy enough with this months results to be honest, as we faced a couple of sides who are tucked in behind us. The month started with a point away from home against third placed Udinese. They took the lead after the half hour, but we struck back just four minutes later and in the end the draw was a fair result. We then scored a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Palermo, before we went away to Parma, and after falling behind early on, we ended up thumping them 5-1 in their own backyard. A difficult trip to Genoa rounded off the month, and a drab 0-0 draw was played out to keep us six points clear at the top of the table.

Our next match is at home to Atalanta.

Coppa Italia - 1st Round and Quarter Final

CIFixtures-Jan2030_zpsea1df3af.png

We secured two easy wins to give us a very comfortable passage through to the semi finals. First up was Serie B side Treviso, who we put to the sword. In the quarters we faced Palermo, and comfortably beat them 3-0, with Victor Palop hitting another brace.

In the semi finals we face Catania.

Transfers

A couple of transfers were made in the January window, and again it was two good young players who joined the club;

Donato Wullschelger

A good looking young striker who has just turned eighteen. His 3* star potential will hopefully see him develop into a very good target man in the future. He has been loaned out to Xerez until the end of the season.

Gaston Garre

Eighteen years old and look at him!! He has 4* potential and is showing all the signs all turning into an excellent anchor man. I doubt he'll get much, if any, game time this campaign, but he will be a big part of things for years to come.

Maybe its because I'm crap at FM and never get to the top leagues, but those signings look like top shelf stuff to me.

Well, not quite top shelf - none of them are 5* players. :D

On a serious note, yes alot of them have the potential to be outstanding players. My scouts do excellent work. :thup:

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2030 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Feb2030_zps7e7d3ac2.png

SATable-Feb2030_zps4ee34d5e.png

Well the month tarted so well with three wins in a row, but a couple of draws at the end of it means the gap at the top has now been cut to just three points. We started excellently with a 5-1 win over Atalanta and a comfortable 3-1 win over Fiorentina, with Alessio Bani hitting a double in both. We then scored an easy 3-0 win at Frosinone on their horrible narrow pitch. Lecce then came to town and christ did they frustrate us. After falling behind early we hit back just before the break, and then set up camp in their half after halftime. We couldn't break through though and they took a hard earned point. A trip to Rome followed, and in this game we just didn't play well at all. We took the lead soon after halftime, but they equalied straight away. After that the game kind of petered out, and the draw was probaby the right result.

Next up is a home game againt rock bottom Cesena.

February 2030 Continued

Coppa Italia - Semi Final 1st Leg

CIFixtures-Feb2030_zpsb4aecbe1.png

A comfortable 3-0 win in Sicily means we are all but through to the final for a second year in a row. Kenneth Gustavsen bagged his third goal in three Coppa Italia games this season.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

CLFixtures-Feb2030_zps471e2b5f.png

This is how you do an away game in Europe. We just sat back, soaked up pressure, and hit them on the counter. Quite what Jules Bouvier was doing racing forward after we defended a corner is anyones guess, but fair play to him, he scored. After the break Sebastien Legrand added two more to give us an excellent 3-0 win.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2030 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Mar2030_zpsc8a0434b.png

SATable-Mar2030_zps5d270f28.png

Another mixed month, but we still hold on to top spot in the league. However, it is concerning that we are now three away league games without a win. We started with a comfortable 3-0 win over rock bottom Cesena, but we really should have been beating them by more. We then failed to put Catania away despite total domination, before a sloppy 4-2 victory over Verona. After charging into a 3-0 lead, Verona came back to 3-2 just after the hour mark - thankfully though we scored again soon after to go 4-2 ahead and that is now it remained. We came from a goal down to take a point at Napoli, but we should have really beat them. The month ended with a comfortable 3-0 win at home to Sampdoria with Alessio Bani again on the scoresheet.

Up next is the Milan derby.

March 2030 Continued

Coppa Italia - Semi Final 2nd Leg

CIFixtures-Mar2030_zpsca31bcb0.png

A comfortable 2-0 win, (5-0 on aggregate), ensured that we went through to the final for a second year in row, so far without conceding a goal. In the final we face city rivals Milan at the Stadio Olimpico.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

CLFixtures-Mar2030_zps08c49b20.png

Another corking Champions League win, thrashing French side Lyon 4-0 to add to the 3-0 win in the first leg. (For those of you that can't add up, that equates to a 7-0 aggregate win). Anton Lazarev was in great form, and Sebastien Legrand notched his 8th goal against French teams this season.

The quarter final draw hands me my first trip back to Old Trafford ince leaving in summer 2028. If we make it past the Red Devils, we face either Manchester City or rvials Milan.

Things are going to be nervy in the run-in. Cracking work in Europe :thup:.

Especially with our next three fixtures, which include two tough away games; Milan (A), Brescia (H), Juventus (A). :eek:

Now obviously we should beat Brescia at home, but I'll be happy with a couple of points from the games against Milan and Juve.

Just thought I'd show you the top of the Premier League table with three games remaining;

PLTable-Apr2030_zps1c9f75c0.png

A fairly exciting finish in store for my former clubs. In the next set of fixtures United host Swansea, whereas City go to already relegated Birmingham!

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2030 - Inter Milan

Before I dive into this, I will point out that the second leg of the semi was played on May 1st, but I decided to put it in with Aprils update.

Serie A

SAFixtures-Apr2030_zpse529ed79.png

SATable-Apr2030_zpsa54da65c.png

Well things have got a hell of lot more tense at the top of the table! We started with a decent point against Milan. Having took the lead, Milan then went 2-1 up, but we got a bit of fortune and got an equaliser late in the day. Brescia then recieved a thumping from us, with one legend banging in four goals, and a youngster (Stefano Brizzi) also netting. The Derby d'Italia was next and I've got to be honest and say we undeservedly lost. Juve went ahead from a setpiece after just five minutes, but then we took over. Seven minutes into the second half we hit back, but straight away Juve went up the other end and went back ahead, and 2-1 was how it remained. We bounced back from that set back by beating Reggina 4-1, and finally winning an away league game for the first time since early February. Young starlet Mourad Gharbi netted in both games.

We currently sit top of the table on head-to-head record. In the final three games we face Udinese (H), Palermo (A), and Parma (H). Juventus have Lecce (A), Roma (H), and Cesena (A). Who blinks first, loses the title.

Champions League - Quarter And Semi Finals

CLFixtures-Apr2030_zps98d5fd7e.png

Superb stuff, into the final we go!

The quarter final against United was every bit as tough as it looked. In the first leg they went ahead early through an own goal, and despite taking a bit of a battering we stood firm and kept them at bay. We then equalised through and own goal of our own. We flew out the traps in the second leg, taking the lead inside the first minute. After that their were no more goals, and we went through 2-1 on aggregate.

Rivals Milan wrre out opponents in the semi final, after they knocked out Manchester City 1-0 on aggregate. The first leg was very strange - we dominated possession, but they had the greater chances. We took the lead from the penalty spot, and that is how it remained until halftime. By the 64th minute, Milan had turned it around, scoring twice in the space of eight minutes. We seemed destined for defeat, but in the 95th minute we amazingly got another penalty, and Anton Lazarev slotted home to make it 2-2. In the second leg we again made a fast start, and by the time their were twelve minutes on the clock we were 2-0 ahead thanks to a brace from Sebastien Legrand. Milan pulled one back just before, but twenty minutes into the second half Anton Lazarev killed the game off by making it 3-1 in the night, and 5-3 on aggregate.

In the fianl we face Tottenham, who defeated Atletico Madrid 5-4 on aggregate.

Very tight at the top. That is a nice way to get to the CL final, getting one over the local rivals. Beat them again in the Coppa Italia and the treble might be on the cards.

It looks like a huge finish to the season coming up, and another great story in an illustrious career.

Very tight at the top. That is a nice way to get to the CL final, getting one over the local rivals. Beat them again in the Coppa Italia and the treble might be on the cards.

It looks like a huge finish to the season coming up, and another great story in an illustrious career.

I'm at kind of at crossroads with this. All these young players signed over the last couple of season mean that I really want to be around for a long time yet. But if we were to win the treble I'd kind of wonder what the point in staying would be. :p

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2029/30 - Inter Milan

Coppa Italia Final

How We Got To The Final

CI2029-30-HowWeGotToTheFinal_zpsc6edc393.png

We had an amazingly comfortable passage through to the final. Serie B side Treviso were comfortably seen off 4-0 on round one, and in the quarter finals Palermo didn't do much better, as were saw them off by three goals to nil. The semi final saw us drawn against Serie A strugglers Catania, and they didn't prove to be any trouble whatsoever, as we dished out a 5-0 aggregate beating.

The Final

vs.Milan

CIFinal2030vsMilan_zps5e81e693.png

Not a vintage performance by any stretch of the imagination, but a win in a cup final against our biggest rivals is always welcome. It was a thoroughly deserved win for us; we had the majority of the possession, and by far many more attempts. The fact that the goal came from a setpiece, through skipper for the day Jean Henry, was neither here nor there, it was still the goal that gave us victory, and the clubs first Coppa Italia victory since 2021.

Somewhat of an amazing achievement winning that many in a row :cool:. The best part is the fact that you took over both United & Inter when they were kind of in a transitional period and turned them into champions straight away.

Somewhat of an amazing achievement winning that many in a row :cool:. The best part is the fact that you took over both United & Inter when they were kind of in a transitional period and turned them into champions straight away.

I think that has been a large part down to the fact that there were already plenty of good players at both who were just at the wrong sort of age, so I was able to sell them to generate a lot of transfer funds.

As much as what I'm proud of what I've done, I've been a touch lucky in that respect.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2029/30 - Inter Milan

Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

CLGroupStage-2029-30_zpsee11c851.png

CLTable-Dec2029_zps33e06677.png

An extremely simple passage through the group stages for us, with only the defeat away to Marseille stoppoing us from having a perfect record. Heading into the final group game at the San Siro, we just needed to beat Marseille by two goals or more to top the group ahead of them, but just to be sure, we thrashed them 7-1!!

In the first knockout round we were drawn with another French side, this time Lyon, who I personally have had some great battles with down the years.

Knockout Stage

CLKOStage-2029-30_zps3965c9f7.png

Lyon were swept aside brilliantly in the 1st knockout round, with a superb performance inparticular in the first leg at their place. We squeezed past my former club Manchester United in the quarter finals, before being drawn again rivals Milan in the semis. In the first leg we earned a 2-2 draw thanks to two penalties, the second of which arrived in the 95th minute!! We brushed them aside in the second leg though, taking a 5-3 aggregate win. The only drawback was an injury picked up by captain Anton Lazarev, ruling him out of the final.

In the final at the Estadio de Luz, we face Tottenham Hotspur.

Team News

Due to lack of homegrown players in the squad, I had to leave a few spots empty in the squad. This meant that some younger players like Nicky Fogg and Mourad Gharbi are unavailable for selection. Apart from that, we were missing two crucial players through injury; Ukrainians Anton Lazarev and Taras Loboyoko. A big call also needed to be made about who started in goal; Maxi Garutti or Sergio Pena? Garuti has only managed 20 appearances this season due to injury, but he is the better goalkeeper and the amn for a big game. The only other debate was who would be at right back; Ivo Deak or Antonio Enderlin.

Garuti

Deak - Bouvier - Henry - Vicente

McGuinness - Collado

Facciotto - Mucum - Victor Palop

Legrand

Despite recent injury worries, Maximiliano Garuti starts in goal ahead of Sergio Pena, and tried and trusted Ivo Deak was chosen at rightback instead of Antonio Enderlin. There were no real surprises over the two holding midfielders, or that Mucum was selected to start just off Sebastien Legrand upfront. Once the Ukrainians wide men were ruled out, it was fairly obvious who would start in thoe roles; young Italian Tommaso Facciotto is on the right, and Victor Palop the left. The average age of the starting XI is just 24.8.

Time for kick off..............

The Final

vs.Tottenham Hotspur

CLFinalvsSpurs-May2030_zps2bd995f1.png

Well it wasn't quite as easy as it should have been, but we still got over the line to record the clubs first Champions League win since 2010.

We flew at them from early on, and for the most of the first half they simply didn't have an answer. Mucum was instrumental, scoring two and assisting one of Sebastien Legrand's strikes aswell. Rather annoyingly, we let Spurs get one back before the break. The second half was much more sedate; we sat deep and allowed Spurs more of the ball, but most of what thety could muster were shots from long range. With fifteen minutes to go, Jean Henry put into his own goal to give Spurs a bit of sniff, but we saw their threat off, and the game petered out into a fairly comfortable 4-2 win for us.

This was the clubs fourth European Cup/Champions League title in their history, and was my fifth.

Here are the usual bits of news before the Champions League Final;

Usual? I guess for you they are. I've never seen anything remotely like it in my FM games.

Great season with the treble, and knocking over the cross-city rivals in key cup games to do it.

Great work completing the treble :applause:

Thank you as always SRL. :)

Usual? I guess for you they are. I've never seen anything remotely like it in my FM games.

Great season with the treble, and knocking over the cross-city rivals in key cup games to do it.

Well don't worry, such success in my planned FM13 save won't come so easily.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2030 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-May2030_zpsb5a874c5.png

SATable-May2030_zpscfce7769.png

Well we got over the line, and in the end it looks hugely comfortable, but those of you who have followed us this season knows it was anything but.

The month started in the perfect fashion, as we beat Udinese 3-1 and Juve got hammered 4-0 away at Lecce. Next up we had a fairly easy looking trip to midtable Palermo, but it proved to be anything but. As Juve were putting four past Roma, we were trailing 1-0 to the Rosanero. However, we scored three times in the final seventeen minutes to take a 3-1 win. Heading into the final match of the season, we were already champions as Juve couldn't top us due to our head-to-head record. We made sure of it though, but thrashing Parma 6-0.

This was the first time the club had won back-to-ack titles for over twenty years.

May 2030 Continued

Coppa Italia - Final

CIFixtures-May2030_zps4ae03587.png

Not at all a vintage performance from us, but we did deserve the victory, even if we had to realiy on a goal from a setpiece. And no matter how you play, it's always nice to beat your biggest rivals in a cup final.

Champions League - Final

CLFixtures-May2030_zps74f16b7f.png

This was a wonderful, but also annoying performance. After just thirtyeight minutes we were 4-0 up and it was looking like it could be a cricket score. We gotsloppy though, and let them back in it. Our defence may need some work, but that can wait for the summer. Winning the Champions League in such attacking style is always welcome.

RealInterest-May2030_zps70d6997b.png

This could be the last one big thing to achieve - bringing Real back to the top. They did actually win the Champions League last season, but this term they finished a woeful 5th, three points off 4th place Villarreal. They haven't won La Liga since the 2025/26 season, and that was their only title in the last eight seasons, as rivals Atletico Madrid have dominated with six titles in that period.

Thoughts, anyone?

Archived