A United Dream

unitedforever

5th July 2011

– Manchester United have shocked the footballing world by announcing that unknown 28 year old English manager John Corbino, has been given the chance to manage his favourite club

– Manchester United Chairman David Gill offers me a two year contract worth £27,000 p/w

– Manchester United board give me their Expectations for the season. Title contenders is what is expected, and I have been given £17m transfer budget and £1.6m wage budget

6th July 2011

– After the press conference at Old Trafford, I was taken to the training grounds, where I finally met the squad. I am very happy with the squad. I am not looking at adding anyone this season. The squad is more than adequate enough for this season and I am looking at sending a few players out on loan as well to gain more first team experience.

– Sent Davide Petrucci on a season long loan to Antwerp

8th July 2011

– Sent Mame Biram Diouf on a season long loan to FC Twente

– Had a private chat with Ryan Giggs and Adnan Januzaj, asking Giggs to take Januzaj under his wing and tutor him. Both players agreed

– Had a private chat with Michael Carrick and Paul Pogba, asking Carrick to take Pogba under his wing and tutor him. Both players agreed

– Received a bid for Anderson for £6m from Paris St Germain. I rejected the offer, as I believe that Anderson is a star of the future for United

– Sent Reece Brown on a season long loan to FC Twente

• 1 month later...

9th July 2011

– Released physio’s Mandy Johnson, Neil Hugh, Garry Armer, John Davin & Tony Gil by mutual consent

– Released scouts Budimir Vujacic, Nils Schmaler, John Owen, David Friio, Patrik Andersson & Torben Aakjaer by mutual consent

– Released fitness coach Mike Clegg by mutual consent

– Released Joe Coll & Jonny Sutherland on free transfers

– Real Madrid made an offer for Tomasz Kuszczak of £1m plus 10% of his next sale. I accepted the offer, allowing Real to open contract negotiations with Kuszczak

– Released Youth Coaches Chris Casper and John Cooke by mutual consent

– Brian McClair accepted a new 5 year contract worth £3 million removing him as a youth coach and moving him into a role as a First Team Coach

– Derby County made an offer for Larnell Cole of £200,000 plus 40% of the profit of his next sale. I acepted the offer, allowing Derby to open contract negotiations with Cole

– Reading made an offer for Michele Fornasier of £200,000. I accepted the offer, allowing Reading to open contract negotiations with Fornasier

– Torino made an offer for Michele Fornasier of £160,000 plus 10% of the profit of his next sale. I acepted the offer, allowing Torino to open contract negotiations with Fornasier

9th July 2011 – Manchester United v Schalke (Friendly)(H)

Starting Lineup: DeGea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael, Evra, Carrick, Nani, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Hernandez .... Subs: Lindegaard, Jones, Fabio, Giggs, Berbatov, Macheda, Smalling, Park, Pogba, Januzaj, Welbeck

We enjoyed near total domination over an average FC Schalke side in front of 66,226 screaming fans at Old Trafford.

Winger Ashley Young got us off to a flyer by scoring a tame effort from close to goal on 5 minutes, before missing a few other chances. Rooney was influential today, setting up Young for his goal and setting up Chicharito for a wealth of chances that the Mexican international couldn’t put away today.

Macheda rounded off the victory on 54 minutes with a poachers effort again set up by Rooney.

Man of the match however was Rafael, who played the whole match and didn’t stop running all game and made several influential tackles and clearances.

• 2 weeks later...

10th July 2011

– Paris St Germain made a £6M offer for Anderson. I rejected the deal. As a result of the offer, Anderson’s agent George Nugent contacted me saying that Anderson wanted an improved contract. Currently Anderson is on £30,000 p/w. Anderson to me is a player I wanted to keep around for a while so contract negotiations started and were finally concluded on the following terms: £47,000 p/w until June 2016, goal bonus £2,500, Loyalty bonus £650K and agent fees £550K

– Manchester United reserves travelled to Gigg Lane and beat Bury 4-0

– Offered a 5 year contract worth £2,500 p/w to former French international captain Marcel Desailly as a first team coach. Desailly accepted the contract and signed as a First Team Coach

– Offered a 5 year contract worth £2,500 p/w to 51 year old Italian Gian Nicola Bisciotti as a coach. Bisciotti accepted the contract and signed as a coach

– Offered a 5 year contract worth £900 p/w to 40 year old Englishman Tosh Farrell as a coach. Farrell accepted the contract and signed as a Coach

– Offered 5 year contract worth £4,000 p/w to Wim Teunissen as a first team coach. Teunissen accepted the contract and signed as a First Team Coach

– After having trained the lads for several days now along with the match last night against Schalke, and after several meetings with the backroom staff, I felt that while we had quality and youth across the whole squad and depth across most of the squad, I still felt we needed one more right sided defender, Rafael was my first choice no doubt, however I felt we lacked experience in that position. Rafael would grow into that position well, but for this season, I needed someone who would be able to step up for major games where Rafael’s inexperience may be shown. After considering several options put forward by the staff, we decided on chasing Fulham defender Stephen Kelly who had fallen out of favour at Craven Cottage, so I made the call to Martin Jol and started the negotiations. In the end I made an offer of £1.7m and left Martin Jol to think about it and get back to me

11th July 2011

– Martin Jol called to let me know that they had accepted the offer for Stephen Kelly and we were now allowed to contact Stephen to discuss a contract

– Kuszczak successfully negotiated contract terms with Real Madrid and completed his £1M transfer to the Spanish club

– Called Stephen Kelly and offered him a contract with the terms of £14,750 p/w wages and a £6,000 appearance fee until June 2015. Stephen Kelly accepted the contract

– Man Utd U18s hosted Everton U18s in a friendly and drew 1-1

Archived