Scotland

S2008

Having played the Clydesdale Bank Premier League a lot I know how hard it is to attract quality players especially outside the Old Firm. What I wondered was that, if I manged the Scottish national team and improved their reputation,would it increase the quality of player who might come to Scotland?

i wouldn't think so, reputation is based on club performance and not national (as far as i know).

I managed Aberdeen in 8.0 for 3 seasons and won the league and got through to last 16 of champions league. I was able to attract a better calibre of player (English championship or older Permier League players).

No easy fix mate, just try and be as successful as possible at club level.

If you build it, they will come!

Aberdeen is the best SPL team to go its always a game and a half.

Im in my third season and i am on the road to the treble having only won one trophy in my first two seasons.

Definetly attracts a better calibre of player if you can afford it. I cannot at the moment

I had the same problem with Wales a few weeks back and someone said that no matter how well you do at club level, your club will never get a really high reputation because the reputation of the league never changes.

so all you can do is try to do as good as you can for your club to get to the best possible reputation for that league so you can attract better players

i wouldn't think so, reputation is based on club performance and not national (as far as i know).

I managed aberdeen in 8.0 for 3 seasons and won the league and got through to last 16 of champions league. I was able to attract a better calibre of player (english championship or older permier league players).

No easy fix mate, just try and be as successful as possible at club level.

If you build it, they will come!

The problem is that, playing as Celtic, I won the Quad(Including the Champions League) and yet I still wasnt able to get a Worldwide reputation. Whats more the board wouldnt let me improve my Training facilities or Youth set up because it was the best in the league (even though thats not saying much!!!)

Archived