"il devasto" is back

I was having good results, but so far this tactic seem more consistent, while playing beautiful football.

Marcelo, what about "[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1" from the fm-thai and this one.

There are both the same formation,

And

i've compared this tactic with mine and the two other and i can say that, this tactic is 98% "il devasto" 11.3; 1,5% "il devasto" thespios and 0,5% swarm tactic....

What about results?

Tatox, your opinion is very important too...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Rich

I also have a custom database loaded. I might see if I can spot any of these players - more for reference really as my squad is maxed out for the season now. I have a winger, Kone (can't recall first name) who I got for 170k. Acceleration and pace both 19. In the counter attacking tactic I had he was always zooming clear. Sadly he shoots as well as I do... Intensive training for him! Have you made any tweaks to this version?

Last version I changed the striker instructions but this version I have made no tweaks at all as it is the first season using it,. Going into the final game of the season and I have a record of 45 played 38 won 3 drew 4 lost 145 goals scored 49 conceded 117 points. I didn't do to well in the cups, Liverpool knocked me out of the FA Cup 3-1 in the 4th round and somehow I lost 5-1 to Reading in the league cup but played half my reserves. Use my own training schedules and once the tactic familiarity was fluid I have had match prep set to very low anf the focus area set to teamwork all season.

Oh and I have been playing Bressan who is a creative mid on the left centre mid position and since his return from loan at Barnsley I have had Miles Addison a defensive mid playing in the right centre mid position. Seems to work well for me.

Last version I changed the striker instructions but this version I have made no tweaks at all as it is the first season using it,. Going into the final game of the season and I have a record of 45 played 38 won 3 drew 4 lost 145 goals scored 49 conceded 117 points. I didn't do to well in the cups, Liverpool knocked me out of the FA Cup 3-1 in the 4th round and somehow I lost 5-1 to Reading in the league cup but played half my reserves. Use my own training schedules and once the tactic familiarity was fluid I have had match prep set to very low anf the focus area set to teamwork all season.

Oh and I have been playing Bressan who is a creative mid on the left centre mid position and since his return from loan at Barnsley I have had Miles Addison a defensive mid playing in the right centre mid position. Seems to work well for me.

could you post some screen???

The goals against column looks worrying - until you see the goals for and points! Will be interesting to see how you fair in the Premiership. Good luck to you. I have 5 tactics that I'm interested in, but struggling to decide which I want to build a team round. As mentioned, this looks like the most attractive - but I'm a bit worried I'll be ripped apart by bigger teams as I try and build my team up. Still, live by the sword, die by the sword!

could you post some screen???

I am just about to go out but if you let me know what you want me to post screens of then I shall try and do it later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will try and post the final league table, my team line up, average ratings etc, transfers.... Anything else?

The goals against column looks worrying - until you see the goals for and points! Will be interesting to see how you fair in the Premiership. Good luck to you. I have 5 tactics that I'm interested in, but struggling to decide which I want to build a team round. As mentioned, this looks like the most attractive - but I'm a bit worried I'll be ripped apart by bigger teams as I try and build my team up. Still, live by the sword, die by the sword!

To be fair I have the 5th best defensive record in the league with 49 conceded. The only ones better were two teams who conceded 43, one 46 and another 48 and if I keep a clean sheet in the final game at home it may be better.

I am just about to go out but if you let me know what you want me to post screens of then I shall try and do it later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will try and post the final league table, my team line up, average ratings etc, transfers.... Anything else?

yes, final league table, average ratings, goals scored by right striker...

Ahh a new version of devasto, love it!

If i'm completely honest with you, no devasto version has been as successful as the first one made in last year's game. However, due to your ability I am always willing to give your tactics a try :)

I have noticed that the right full back has cross often and the left one has cross sometimes...is this on purpose? or have you just no spotted that they are different?

to follow up on my last post, it is indeed pretty potent up front, creates a fair bit of chances, but its not exactly what I was looking for, becouse when one is playing against better teams it creates more chances for the opposing team then my own, the defense just simply falls apart if it gets put under any kind of pressure

Season 2 update. After my demolition of the championship I have started my first season in the prem. Had plenty of cash to spend but due to my wage budget I could not sign any big names so I went into the season with Danny Haynes, Begovic, Jonathan Mensah as my main signings along with a new defensive mid and a left back so nothing major and I still have the same strike force that cost me 300k for the pair in season 1.

Started with 3 wins out of 3, Blackburn home 3-1, Liverpool away 1-0 and Sunderland home 3-1 but the games were very end to end and games finished with around 16 shots on goal each. I then lost 4 out of the next 5, Man City away 5-2, Villa home 3-1, Fulham away 4-2 and Bolton home 3-1, I beat Wolves away 2-1 during that time. Bakenga was banging the goals in but Torassa had not scored a goal and at the other end I was getting raped by the quality of prem strikers.

After those results I decided I need to improve my team before using this tactic in the prem as it's just to gung ho against superior teams. Changed to another tactic now and have won my last 3 games Arsenal away 3-2, Newcastle away 1-0, Everton home 3-0, Bakenga still on fire and has 17 goals in 11 games.

I will switch back to this once my team is stronger but for now my defence just can't cope.

^ Agree with the post above. I was using newcastle with this tactic. Im not saying I didn't win games, but just not convincingly. My midfield was being dominated even when I was winning. The attack, however, as always was brilliant. I just think its a big team tactic :)

Going to use VD version now:)

@ Marcelo what team talks do you use????

My own! There is no recipe for team talks. In pre-match, most of the times, you can go with what your assistant suggests, but it's at half-time when you have to make the necessary ajustments, and you have to consider various factors like players match ratings, current motivation, personalities, game expectations, so there are too many variables. With time you learn what to say and if to say anything at all.

My own! There is no recipe for team talks. In pre-match, most of the times, you can go with what your assistant suggests, but it's at half-time when you have to make the necessary ajustments, and you have to consider various factors like players match ratings, current motivation, personalities, game expectations, so there are too many variables. With time you learn what to say and if to say anything at all.

DEAR SIR WICH IS THE BEST TACTIC FOR YOU Please give me the link thanks

DEAR SIR WICH IS THE BEST TACTIC FOR YOU Please give me the link thanks

There is no best tactic, but a lot of good ones. The tactics made by Tatox, Brobs, Hough, Fuss, Vodu, Qetesh are all good ones, and I'm sure there are others I haven't tried. That said, at the moment I'm having a lot of fun with the latest version of "Il Devasto". But I'm playing with a big team with a lot of good players who fit the style played, so what is best for me may not be the best for you.

There is no best tactic, but a lot of good ones. The tactics made by Tatox, Brobs, Hough, Fuss, Vodu, Qetesh are all good ones, and I'm sure there are others I haven't tried. That said, at the moment I'm having a lot of fun with the latest version of "Il Devasto". But I'm playing with a big team with a lot of good players who fit the style played, so what is best for me may not be the best for you.

and for underdog team wich do you think can work well ?

vodu is great but big problem of defense have you a tweakedversion of vou ?

Defo better for strong teams. Since I changed to another tactic I have won 8 games in a row and am 3 points off man utd who are top. I am 2nd at the moment but got some tricky games coming up. Current tactic I am using is not as exciting as the devasto one though.

and for underdog team wich do you think can work well ?

vodu is great but big problem of defense have you a tweakedversion of vou ?

for underdog team try "il devasto" vd that you can find in crag's thread about "il devasto"... ;)

I think there are tactics which only work when you have available players who have certain characteristics and other tactics which work in general... what do you think about, Marcelo?

People, try using the VD version of devasto. Early impressions are that it works really well with a greater range of teams. :)

had not yet tried this tactic?

just finished first season with Man Utd using this tac

Tactic is good but not impressive. Some games was really impressive (9:2 with Man City) and some just terrible

(lose with Wolfgan, Blackburn ...). It seems that this tactic has minor problem with defence.

However for sure it's worth to try.

just finished first season with Man Utd using this tac

Tactic is good but not impressive. Some games was really impressive (9:2 with Man City) and some just terrible

(lose with Wolfgan, Blackburn ...). It seems that this tactic has minor problem with defence.

However for sure it's worth to try.

i also had this problem when playing with my beloved man united. its great to see the team going forward but seeing united concede so many goals and losses against lesser teams i stopped using it. however during second season i decided to give it another go. i didnt buy any players and sold a number of them ie nani, park,carrick to name a few.

i did a little experimenting with the tactic to try and solve the problem with the defence from altering the pace time wasting the attacking and creative team settings with no success. these settings were quite clearly very important to the tactics success. so i altered each individual players settings. the only thing i altered was the attacking level. by doing this it seems to have worked somewhat. alas this isnt without consequences. it does take away some of the attacking flair. but i think its a small sacrifice to pay for clean sheets. the majority of goals are still scored by the two strikers. but instead of winning 6-3 or losing 5-4 i found i was winning 4-0 3-0. im not saying you wont concede but i definitely conceded less than before. in fact i was only conceding at 0.5 per game! hope this can help you and others.

hernandez still scored 60+ goals and he was injured for a couple of months.

I think there are tactics which only work when you have available players who have certain characteristics and other tactics which work in general... what do you think about, Marcelo?

Sure. If you have one or two superb players at key positions, makes sense to build your tactic around them, it can be a great tactic for you but probably won't work for most of the people. Tactics that are more balanced and rely more on teamwork than on specialized players will work better for more people.

E) THE TEAM MUST BE ROTATED. THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS SHOULD BE THE TWO STRIKERS AND THE TWO CENTRAL DEFENDERS.

why this? is it just to keep the players with good %? or is there anything else in it?

and how often, do you rotate them

Pretty good start for me with this tactic:

Won v Leeds A 7-0

Drew v Norwich A 1-1

Won v Chelsea H 8-3

Won v Olympiakos A 4-2

Won v Leicester A 4-2

I am with West Ham and finished 3rd last two seasons so have decent side though. This tactic seems to concede quite a lot and have a 'we'll score one more than you' type approach going on. Will keep going with it for now as a lot of my players are getting high ratings with it. I was just wondering though - in the original post it says one should rotate players except for the CBs and Strikers - why is this?

E) THE TEAM MUST BE ROTATED. THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS SHOULD BE THE TWO STRIKERS AND THE TWO CENTRAL DEFENDERS.

why this? is it just to keep the players with good %? or is there anything else in it?

and how often, do you rotate them

here you go

because the two strikers and two defenders must find the right understanding...anyway, the philosophy of il "devasto" tactic is a bit 'like philosophy of Zeman!!!

Quick update on season results so far. Tatox, most of the time I play with a DMCR instead of a MCR, seems to work well. I also made small changes to set pieces and set DR crossing to normal.

I think that this tactic could easily be changed to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate an AMC, I may do that in the future in another save. Right now, I'm enjoying some of the most beautiful football I have ever seen on FM with this tactic.

fix1.jpg

image hosting png

Quick update on season results so far. Tatox, most of the time I play with a DMCR instead of a MCR, seems to work well. I also made small changes to set pieces and set DR crossing to normal.

I think that this tactic could easily be changed to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate an AMC, I may do that in the future in another save. Right now, I'm enjoying some of the most beautiful football I have ever seen on FM with this tactic.

fix1.jpg

image hosting png

on my italian forum a guy has the same results using colonia in the first season (2011/2012) so i think that i have to study colonia...

34pm7fm.png

20fda1g.png

http://www.fmpassion.com/index.php?/topic/5629-4-2-2-2-il-devasto/page__st__820

p.s. could you post your tweaked version???

here you go

you misunderstood cragswfc, I meant why rotate the other players (not the strikers and the central defenders) - if their fitness doesn't go below 94% why rotate them, unless you have an important match 3 days later

This one and your tweaked Fuss's 4231,which is better?

fix1.jpg

image hosting png

p.s. could you post your tweaked version???
Marcelo can you upload tactic which you use in these screen, please?

I'm still testing settings for throw-ins and free kicks. Other than that, the only changes I made are:

- Alternate between using a MCR and DMCR;

- One of the Full-backs (DR I think) had cross ball on often, I changed to normal;

- Attacking corners: Aim at near post, right corners with left footed player and vice versa. Setup: 2 players back, 1 back if needed, 1 attack near post, 1 attack far post, 1 challenge keeper, 1 offer short option, 1 attack ball from deep, 1 forward, 1 lurk outside area. The corner takers should be the ones assigned to go forward, attack from deep, or back if needed;

- Defending corners: put the full backs also on man mark, no one guarding the posts.

Other things I do:

- For direct free kicks, unlike real life, you have to use left footed players to take free kicks from the left and vice versa. This increase the number of direct free kicks scored;

- Match preparation: after tactics are all fluid, you can safely leave workload on very low. Special focus on attacking movement.

- Strikers and wingers left-footed on the left; right-footed on the right.

This one and your tweaked Fuss's 4231,which is better?

Its hard to say if one tactic is better than another, and these two have different formations and settings. One may suit your team better than the other. That said, Fuss' tactic was made for 12.0.4, and this one for 12.1.1, so I think that Il Devasto is working better for 12.1.1.

I'm still testing settings for throw-ins and free kicks. Other than that, the only changes I made are:

- Alternate between using a MCR and DMCR;

- One of the Full-backs (DR I think) had cross ball on often, I changed to normal;

- Attacking corners: Aim at near post, right corners with left footed player and vice versa. Setup: 2 players back, 1 back if needed, 1 attack near post, 1 attack far post, 1 challenge keeper, 1 offer short option, 1 attack ball from deep, 1 forward, 1 lurk outside area. The corner takers should be the ones assigned to go forward, attack from deep, or back if needed;

- Defending corners: put the full backs also on man mark, no one guarding the posts.

Other things I do:

- For direct free kicks, unlike real life, you have to use left footed players to take free kicks from the left and vice versa. This increase the number of direct free kicks scored;

- Match preparation: after tactics are all fluid, you can safely leave workload on very low. Special focus on attacking movement.

- Strikers and wingers left-footed on the left; right-footed on the right.

i'll try this tweak...

That's how my season finished. I know its 2018 and I have a strong team, but this was one of my best seasons ever.

Almost all Cup and Champions league games were played with my second team, except for the finals against Barcelona, which we unfortunatly lost.

But overall, brilliant tactic, at least for strong teams.

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

table.jpg

stats1.jpg

That's how my season finished. I know its 2018 and I have a strong team, but this was one of my best seasons ever.

Almost all Cup and Champions league games were played with my second team, except for the finals against Barcelona, which we unfortunatly lost.

But overall, brilliant tactic, at least for strong teams.

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

table.jpg

stats1.jpg

great result marcelo...

p.s. have you switch only the position of the dmcr???

I always think this tactic works better with a right footed left striker as they are inclined to cut inside onto their preffered foot and pass to the poacher striker (which I love as I like the main man to get as many goals as possible). Will add a screenshot, when steam servers allow me in, of how my poacher did and I only used the tactic for half the season.

2012_02_12_00001.jpg

You say you alternate between using a MCR and DMCR. When do you do this and what's sort of games do you do it 4??

I dropped the MCR to DMCR to suit the players I had, and the results were so good that it became my first choice. When during a game I feel I need more players going forward I move the DMCR back to MCR.

when you alternate MCR and DMR, mean that you move it on dm position or you only ose a dmc in the mcr position ?!

I move the player to the DMCR position.

I dropped the MCR to DMCR to suit the players I had, and the results were so good that it became my first choice. When during a game I feel I need more players going forward I move the DMCR back to MCR.

thanks pal

Archived