Welsh Wizard's Journeyman Career

Welsh Wizard

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great work on promotion. If you get offered the Shrewsbury job then take it.
Congrats on the promotion.Shrewsbury would be a good step up so I'd take it.
Quality league season.
I'd go Shrews too.

Thanks.

Seems everyone thinks I should go but may be too late and would need to resign for them to even consider me following a news item. So likely wait and see if they offer a contract or see out the year I have Chelmsford and see wether to move on near end of season.

Edit: Looks like I'm staying put as Richie Barker just got the job.

Pre Season Squad Update

* = New player.

Csaba Somogyi*

Loris Karius

Scott Taggart

Peter Ramage*

Andy Dowie

Gary Borrowdale*

Andy Taylor*

Frederic Veseli

Kyle Benedictus

Graham Webster

Alexander McQueen

Connor Rennie

Lee Croft*

Nicky Riley

Lee Cook

Mike Grella*

Michael Ngoo

Harry Bunn

All but Grella were signed last season. Would of liked to add a few more CMs, a RB and a ST but nothing on atm but hopefully add throughout the season.

Squad is good enough to challenge for title but lack depth for a run of games which hopefully can sort before it effects us.

Its been a great start to the season - only one loss!

The BSP looks like it has already crowned its champion - whats the league table like?

Still a long way to go but looking promising. Was around 8 pts clear at that point will post league table in december update.

Incredible, a shot at the league title looks very possible with this sort of form.
Absolutely brilliant start,hope you can keep that sort of form up.

Thanks. hopefully can keep it up.

December 2013 Update

resultsx.jpg

Run of draws continued in to December but then the unbeaten streak ended with a 1-0 loss to MK Dons and could/should of been more. Picked it back up with narrow wins but it's the winning that counts.

E6DC1C5EE746760BC9645DC3CBE39C516F400D90

Sitting top with a 11 pt margin. Joint top with least goals conceded and top with most scored.

Drogheda United have appoached me but decided it wasn't the job for me and would only leave before end of season if got a good offer at a higher club.

January 2014 Update

resultsi.jpg

Great month getting good draws vs Torquay and Aldershot and winning the rest. Through quite easily in the F.A Trophy.

February 2014 Update

resultso.jpg

Similar month to last with good away draws vs rivals. Draw vs Barrow was disapointing but was tough being only 3 days after a hard battle vs Newport.

March 2014 Update

resultsd.jpg

Great month getting past Crewe quite easily to set up semi final tie vs Bury which we played in the league in between. Just edged them out at home after a great 1-1 away. Lost vs Kettering was easier to take when we found we won the league straight after it.

Chelmsford 13/14 End of Season Update

Results

League Table

League Stats

Squad

F.A Cup Fixtures

F.A Trophy Fixtures

F.A Trophy Final

Great season getting promoted back to back and now in to the football league. Also added the F.A Trophy to the trophy cabinet after a nail bitting final. Short run in F.A cup but glad as thinked it helped us in the League and F.A Trophy.

Key Players

Peter Ramage

Lee Croft

Was offered a contract 3 times but turned down all 3 times. So have now left after two great season in charge and now in the search for a Job.

That won't do your rep any harm. Have you had many job offered throughout the season or by leaving are you leaving yourself open to a bit of a risk of being jobless?

Back to national now after it dropped when I was in charge of Chelmsford. Was offered a Job in Ireland and 2 from sides in L2 but hoping for a L1 or aboard. Just got a job and I'm suprised but it's kind of a stop-gap.

Excellent career revival.
Brilliant work on promotion. Congratulations :applause:.

Thanks ;)

uruguaya.jpg

Accepted and now on the International stage a lot sooner than ever could of been imagined.

200px-Uruguay_football_association.svg.png

Uruguay are the current reigning South American champions, having won the 2011 Copa América. Uruguay have won the Copa América a record 15 times. The team has twice won the FIFA World Cup, including the first World Cup in 1930 as hosts, defeating Argentina 4–2 in the final. They won their second title in 1950, upsetting hosts Brazil 2–1 in the final match, which received an attendance higher than any football match ever.

They have won the Gold Medals in football at the Summer Olympics twice, in 1924 and 1928, before the creation of the World Cup. Uruguay also won the 1980 Mundialito, a tournament among former World Cup champions. In total, Uruguay have won 20 official titles, an international record for the most international titles held by a country.

Their success is amplified by the fact that the nation has a very small population of around 3.5 million inhabitants. Uruguay is by far the smallest country in the world to have won a World Cup in terms of population. The second smallest country, by population, to have won the World Cup is Argentina with a total population of over 40 million people. Uruguay is also the smallest country ever to win any World Cup medals; only six nations with a currently smaller population than Uruguay's have ever participated in any World Cup: Northern Ireland (3 times), Slovenia (twice), Wales, Kuwait, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago. Uruguay is also the smallest nation to win Olympic gold medals in any team sport.

First game is a Friendly vs Romania. Will be using the games to get a group together which can give options of versatility in terms of formations and different tactics within a short time which has been the key in Óscar "El Maestro" Tabárez reign which has led to a resurgence in Uruguay success in recent years. After a poor World Cup with not managing to get out off or win a game in quite a easy looking group (Germany, Cameroon and Slovakia) El Maestro retired.

Dispite having world class individually talented players like Cavani. Uruguay aim to play well as a team with each player working for each other which I hope to instill in to the squad.

There is a quote from Che Guevara on a wall at his home in Montevideo that reads: “You must toughen yourself without losing your tenderness.”

Uruguayan football has always had a toughness, a belief in the importance of garra, the mystical attribute which combines mental strength, street savvy and resolve. In the past this has turned too thuggishness. I hopefully can use the garra to get at teams in the right way.

squadcalledup.jpg

The squad which I have called up is missing some players(4/5 players) I would like in it due to injury but has a good mix of youth and experience. Most of the squad is 24-27 so should hit their prime for the Copa America and be just at the top of it at the World Cup. I feel we have the youth to replace the players who will drop out in the next year or 2 such as Coates for Lugano.

The main formations I plan to use are 31213, 433 and 4231 we have a wealth of talent up top so hope get a fluid frontline who can cause damage to any team would of liked a world class ball winner in mid as I feel one is needed in such set-ups but hopefully we can control with more technical players in mid.

Match Preview and Conclusion

Friendly vs Romania (A)

Lined up the following way.

lineupg.jpg

Romania lined up in a 4231 narrow formation. Did expect a 4231 but thought it would have AML AMR which would of worried me but looks like it will be a battle for the middle of the park. Stancu at CAM I see as their main threat and was in my thinking when I decided to play a CDM instead of a flat 3 in CM. I think if Lodeiro can find the space inbetween Mid and Def we will create a lot but Rios will need to mop up to stop their 3 in AM linking up and split our CBs. There ST is more of a target man so likely try and make him hold it up and link off him but think Lugano will handle that very well.

Romania got in control quite early on and got a few chances this was mainly down to the space there FBs had and the crosses they got in. Chances were mainly on the 2nd ball after my CBs had failed to clear fully. As the first half went on we started to get back in to the game and get a hold of ball after finding more space in the center and the Goal was perfect link-up between the Forwards. Straight from kick off it seems Stancu had gone to the left of AMs and he found space to get around the right sided RB and put a great low cross to Deac who he seemed to swap with.

Ramis who was looking dangerous on his debut went off soon after injured. It was just before half time but decided to make changes straight away went 4231 Pereira came on for Rios and went LB, Mirabaje on for Ramis and went LAM for his debut and Castro on for Hernandez who was looking tired. Pintos on for Godin who went RB .

Rain is pouring down so hope Castro and Mirabaje can find space and get a few shots away as Romania are sitting quite deep. Four at the back should cover their AMs drifting out wide and finding loads of space and Pereira/Pintos should prove a extra man on the attack with the IF cut in and adding to the mid. Shame to lose the front 3 as was just getting the link-up in full flow but will be nice to see the wingers in action.

Around the 63rd mark and we are in control. FBs are finding loads of space and helping maintain posession. There has been a few long range shots which have gone close two of which have hit the woodwork. Calzada is tired so Lacerda has come it was a like for like switch and he will slot in to CM. He is a allround player dispite playing CB mainly. So both have made there debut.

68th min and Mirabaje has a knock Castro goes and LAM and Barrientos comes on for his Debut and goes RAM now both set as wingers to hopefully give Cavani something to attack. 85min went all out attack, Focus passing down right side to give the fresh legs of Barrientos FBs turned to WBs and given freedom to attack like crazy and nearly works as last min of the added on time. Barrientos gets the ball runs down the right and picks out Cavani who picks out Lodeiro with a great inside pass who runs in to the box 1on1 with the GK and strikes towards top corner but GK makes a world class save. Thought we should of won but tight game and was expected to draw so good result away.

resultgm.jpg

Goal Highlights

[video=youtube;gqv2y1o0XzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqv2y1o0XzQ

crawley.jpg

Back in club management with Crawley Town in league 2. Currently 12th(Chelmsford are 4th)

Crawley_Town_FC_logo.png

Notoriously known as as the Man City of Non-League I have been give 100k transfer budget and have a Wage budget of 44k which we are currently at 45k The finances are not that good even had better at Chelmsford. Squad looks quite decent and I would expect it to be able to get in to the play-offs at least from the start of the season only 7 points off them atm and 16pts off top spot. 20 games have been played so 26 still to play. Media prediction is 4th and board expect promotion. Will get rid of dead wood and see who I can get in.

End of Year Update

resultwi.jpg

Easy games vs very low ranked bar the game vs Mexico where Chicharito tore us apart. Should of got more goals In the games vs the low ranking games. Hard to see where we are at this year we have some very tough games vs very high ranking games which should give us a better understanding.

resultsp.jpg

First month in charged and showed that we needed to add to the squad if we wanted to mount a charge in the 2nd half of the season. Wycombe are high flying so understandable to lose but we were well beat. Good win vs Burton who were in the play-off spots.

resulton.jpg

Since I've took over been a bit up and down in form thought we were getting a run going but losses slipped back in. Dropped off a bit and would take quite a feat to get in to the play-offs so likely focus on next season if the board stick with me.

transfersh.jpg

Some great players in such as Kalas and Waghorn. BWP is out for rest of the season after only playing 2 games so disapointing not to see more of him but think we have the main core of players for next season.

Crawley 2014/15 End of Season Update

Table

Squad

Disapointed to be frank I felt we could got high up the table and maybe a play-off place but always looked a challenge to get points which really shocked me don't think I'm being over ambitious as think the squad I had should of been playing better and with the right signing or two could be challenging for the title will need to up my game next season and get things right or will be out of a job again.

Key Player

Martyn Waghorn - Got more goals than I expected with the lack of movement he seems to have. Will be a key player next season playing the link role between attack and mid.

Well onwards and upwards. Will be a Pre-Season update which will be a lot more in-depth of my club and may even go all out and do a preview of the league :) Will also be a pre-Copa America Uruguay Update which may also contain a preview.

Unlucky this year, hopefully next year you can put together a title push.

Yeah hopefully a full season with Crawley will be easier than taking over midway through and we are able to get a good run going.

Waghorn's been inspired.

Looking class when he gets the ball and picks out good balls even with low decisions so should fill the link role well and chip in with a few,

The good news is, 12 points is not an awful lot to seperate you from a Play-Off place - a few key signings, and you should be able to make up the difference in no time!

Basically stayed in the same place if not worst from where I took over which was main disapointment as felt we should kicked of kicked on. Wages been cut by 6k even with 1.1mil put in the club to clear a chunky debt so likely have to do a few in and outs to get a decent squad in which is not what I wanted as felt one or two in and we would of been fine.

Archived