Vanuata Who?

chile_paul

This is a very interesting save - Im especially enjoying reading tidbits about the world as well as your fantastic save :) Keep it up!

Thanks! One more tidbit of world news for you. England have just been trounced 5-0 by Italy in a friendly after Ashley Cole was sent off. Carlo Ancelotti won't be able to show his face next time he goes home!

Pentictonpinnacles.png

Chile_Paul's Career - Season 2 Preview - Penticton Pinnacles

Board Expectations:

Canadian Amateur League - The board hope you can learn from the experience of participating in the league

Nutrilite Canadian Championship (FA Cup equivalent) - Reach the first round

Canadian Amateur Championship - Second round

My Expectations:

Canadian Amateur League - Frankly, I think with the signing's that I've bought in we should win this league at a canter!

Nutrilite Canadian Championship (FA Cup equivalent) - A good cup run to earn us some reddies!

Canadian Amateur Championship - I think this is a cup containing the teams from my league and the league above - we should have an outside chance of winning, but I'd settle for a QF place.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0

Wages: £0/week (Club is currently Amateur)

Balance: £17,709

Squad:

The team I inherited was made up of mainly 15 and 16 year olds who hardly new what a football looked like - no wonder they finished bottom of the league last year! I've gone back to Vanuatu to pick up circa 5 more experience players either from Ifira Black Bird or from other clubs in the league where I'd built up a knowledge of their players - hopefully the fact that they're now over in Canada will make it less likely that clubs back in Vanuatu will want to steal them back! My chief scout also identified 4 American's who were released from the MLS or other American clubs last year and were happy to jump across the border to get some playing time under their belts - how long they'll stay for though I don't know. I also managed to convince the current Jamaican goalkeeping coach Warren Barrett to come and join my team - ideally I wanted him as my Assistant Manager, but he clearly didn't want that level of commitment and was only willing to join as GK coach. He has however bought his knowledge of a number of Carribean nations which has also allowed me to poach a couple of players from Honduras, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago. On this basis my team should spank most of the other teams in this league and win easily - as long as these players don't jump ship.

Key Men:

Goalkeeper/Defence

Selwyn George - GK - A strong contendor between the posts from Trinidad & Tobago - hopefully he will live up to my expectations better than Graeme Demas did in Vanuatu!

Midfield

Noel Morris - An absolute beast of a defensive midfielder. This guy stands out a mile from any of the other players in my team and will also be my captain.

Nelson Castillo - Nelson is my star performer on the right wing and will hopefully bring some Central American flair - one of several strong contendors for the right wing however, so he will face competition!

Strikers

Diego Fagundez - ST - Young 17 year old from Uruguay, with plenty of potential. Expect him to score a hatful against the class of opposition we'll face this year

Pre-season summary:

A worrying start when your first team get's hammerred by your reserves, but I'll put this down to a bit of nervousness and unfamiliarity with all the new signing's.

We then put up a brave fight against the winners of the Canadian top league where we fought well but conceeded a last minute penalty. A couple of big wins against teams in our league, then followed by a couple of draws against teams in the league above us, suggesting that even if we canter through this season, next year won't be a complete walkover.

PentictonPinnaclesFixtures_Fixtures.png

Love some of the team names.

I know, some of them are great. Red Deer Renegades are great, perhaps my favourite is River Valley Reds?

4 games gone, 12 points on the board, 13 goals for and 1 against..........

The last game was the toughest, away to GS United who are promotion contendors. They had a solid and organised defence that I struggled to break down until they had a man sent off for a second yellow. Then I put a couple past them, before they (annoyingly) broke my clean sheet record by scoring a consolation goal in the dying minutes

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Unfortunately I've started to hit crash dumps in this game and so I'm going to have to abandon ship. It's a strange one as I'm 99.9% convinced it isn't to do with the edit - basically the fault happens when I save the game or when I go on holiday. If I keep playing it takes me beyond the date of the crash dump, so it isn't a typical fault with an editted database when it crashes on the same data every time.

So, time to say goodbye to the Penticton Pinnacles - at least I'm leaving with an unbeaten record in the knowledge that they will without doubt be promoted by the end of the season.

I'll be starting a new career game shortly with an updated database - it's currently running an extended holiday test over the weekend (the db is so large that it is taking 24 hours to run a season on Holiday mode!) Presuming this doesn't hit any problems over the weekend I'll be launching my new career come either Monday or Tuesday!

Archived