Halesowen Town FC - From Bottom to the top!

Dejay

Hey all, as you can see I am taking a break from my Journeyman career currently with West Ham. I have been inspired a bit by Johnny Drama's King's Lynn journey ( and SRL88's lay out x) so I thought I would try to stick with one club and see how far we can go.

I am running a large database with all leagues from England (Level 14 pyramid database), France, Belgium, Turkey, Serbia, Spain, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Holland, Germany, Greece and USA.

- I will only manage one club.

- I will only manage a national side after playing in a European club competition.

- The main goal will be to reach the football league and turn pro.

- I like to run clubs at a profit, just because it's a quirk. I'll try to do this in the same way.

Hopefully I will stick this one out past 2018. I will be playing with my local side who I support and attend games of quite often so let's see how far we can go. So without further a due, I present to you my one club save with the mighty..

htfcbadge.png

htfcbio.png

infovd.png

Season Expectations - Mid table finish.

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £500 P/W

Current Wage Total - £374 P/W

htfcsquad.png

So looking at my players we have a couple of good players for this level, with none other than the brother of Joleon Lescott here! We definitely need to bring players in to boost numbers but how things are down here I think players can come and go on free's as they please. The main aim is to go up asap and try to reach the Blue Square South and consolidate there. I also need to look at my staff - all five of them. Any I can do without I will do without because it's about keeping the club financially stable whilst being competitive.

We currently have £11K in the bank and have no loans. Sponsorship is 2.1K per season.

Good luck Love the nickname!
Your welcome

Good luck with this mate

Strange nickname.

Cheers lads. I don't think there is any actual reason behind them being called the yeltz either.

Pre Season Update 2012.

htfcbadge.png

htfcfr.png

A mixed pre season mainly disrupted by trying to put a squad together. This level of football is tough in that aspect. Most players are on non contracts so only get an appearance fee thus leaving them free to leave whenever they please. I have tied some of my better players down though so hopefully I can keep my squad together. I think even though the results were poor in pre season now we have a full squad we can push on.

I think it's going to be an interesting season because I've never played at this level before so it's a complete unknown. Let's hope it goes well and we can grab promotion.

inout.png

So as you can see I've been busy bringing people in but now I feel that we have enough in the squad to really compete. We are only spending £392 on wages but have a lot of players on appearance fee contracts. I hope it doesn't bit us financially. I'm expecting more transfer action during the season as teams poach players so I'll try to keep you updated. Up first is Bishops Cleve in the league, let's have 'em lads.

Hopefully the squad gels together nicely and you can have a good season.

And that they have mate!

August Update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

aug12f.png

A cracking start to the season for us. We seem to have gelled at last and tonked Bishops Cleve 5-0 with Ibhadon impressing until he got injured. The Tiverton game was a tighter affair and despite going 2-0 up couldn't see the game out.

We then battered local rivals Stourport Swifts but once again conceded two late goals to tarnish our win. I have noticed a lot of my players are picking up minor knocks very often which is a little annoying.

We then faced Littlehampton who play in the Sussex County League 2 division which is a long way below us (hard to believe I know). I played my first choice 11 because I want to reach at least the first round proper to bring in cash. Cups are big for us and it's what my main focus will be. We battered them and were relentless in doing so. A top result for the fans and big morale boost for us.

Still on a massive high from beating Littlehampton we took on promotion favourites Bideford and well my word were we good. Still buzzing from the cup win we outplayed them all over the park and took them to the cleaners. Considering we had 35 shots and 23 on target I'd say we were unlucky to not have more. A stunning win for us and hopefully we can carry our from on. Densham has been a beast since signing.

aug12tab.png

Going strong, it looks much better after our last result! Some more cup games coming up (I'm not sure how many we're in?).

September Update 2012

htfcbadge.png

sept12.png

Another top month for us results wise. Still free scoring and keeping most out at the back. A couple of clean sheets were pleasing too. Still going in the FA cup too and the southern league league cup.

Woking of the BSS up next in the second round of the FA cup qualifiers. Tough.

septtab.png

October Update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

oct12.png

Still going well, it's nice to see the whole team scoring too. The pick of the results has to be the 7-1 against Gloucester in the FA Cup 4th round qualifiers. A rival of ours - always nice to hammer them and a massive attendance too. £12.5K prize money too. The balance is currently sitting at £84K :D

octtab.png

A few players have been poached this month so more replacements have been bought in again. The club is like a revolving door.

What a fantastic start!! 52 goals already :eek:
Just incredible early form.
52 goals in 12 games? That's over 4 a game. Nobody does that in senior football.
Well he does (and maybe the big 2 in Spain occasionally)

Thanks lads it's going well. A little too well it's kind of getting boring already. I don't know if it's the turdness of the league or if I have stumbled upon some sort of super attacking tactic I dunno but it's kind of ruined it. Aside from Lescott and my striker I have a poor squad so I don't know why it's going so well?

Good to see another lower league thread going here :thup:. What an amazing start you've had! :eek: So many goals! I'm not sure what it is but from my experience playing in level 7/8, you only need a couple of decent players and you can dominate the league. It got a little boring for me too after I started dominating but persist with it and when you get a bit higher, it does even itself out and becomes a little more difficult (and realistic).

Good to see another lower league thread going here :thup:. What an amazing start you've had! :eek: So many goals! I'm not sure what it is but from my experience playing in level 7/8, you only need a couple of decent players and you can dominate the league. It got a little boring for me too after I started dominating but persist with it and when you get a bit higher, it does even itself out and becomes a little more difficult (and realistic).

Ah good to know that it gets more realistic.

Thanks for the kind words, it's appreciated :thup:

December Update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

crewe.png

Another top month, only blighted by an expected loss to Newport in the FA Trophy. The league has been fairly straight forward but the result against Crewe can only be described as brilliant. Despite conceding 3 we were excellent and everyone in their side had a terrible game. We will welcome Everton to the Grove in the third round. A dream FA cup pay day whatever the result.

dectable.png

Mid season update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

The first half of the season has been fantastic with us performing admiarably in all competitions that we have been in and punched above our weight on occasion. The

FA cup run was a dream to be honest. Densham, Clancy, Bridges, Jackson and Sharp have all been fantastic. All of my squad has performed very well but as is the norm with this league players on non contracts have been coming and going. As you can see a lot of transfer activity.

transt.png

janfix.png

As you can see our form dipped in Jan, firstly with a loss to Bishops Cleve in a game we dominated. The rest of our league form was ok with us playing well if not scoring as much.

The highlight had to be Everton visiting us. We played as best we could in front of 5000 fans but couldn't fend off a marauding premier league side. I knew we would lose but I am a little disappointed that we shipped 5, although I can't be mad at the lads. Top day and fantastic run.

jan12.png

Going brilliant so far. A nice gap opened up at the top.

Cheers mate, pretty much certs to go up now :thup:

February Update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

feb12.png

Another strong month which is good considering we have had a few injuries. On a bad note though our star midfield man Michael Jackson has left on a free. Boo. The goals have picked up however which is good too. The draw against Yate was poor from us but aside from that going well.

feb12.png

Incredible cup run, would of been a better draw for you to play Everton at their place. £248k in the bank is great for that level. I personally didn't find it a bit hard until I got to BSN and BSP.
Nice profits being made still but the cup game would have been much better at their stinking place :p.

Yeah it's a shame, but it was nice to have a home tie sell out too.

Hopefully the game will get harder as I go on. I've tweaked my tactic a little to make results more realistic I feel.

Some more cracking results, especially against Crewe!

Cheers mate, we played extremely well!

End Of Season Update 2012 - Halesowen Town FC.

htfcbadge.png

endfix.png

Sorry for the mammoth update but as I felt the league had been concluded it was pointless doing the last few monthly updates. But then I forgot I was still in a cup!

Our form picked up again towards the end of the season going on another winning run. The league became a formality as the season wore on so just concentrating on keeping my side together became priority.

endofyeartab.png

finalhf.png

We also won a trophy this year! This was kind of unexpected because I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the cups aside from the FA cup but we managed to go all the way in this one. The final was a cagey affair with Brackley having the upper hand despite us going 2-0 up. They came back but we then extended our lead before Corbell added a 4th to finish the tie. They hit one back late on to top off a cracking game of football. We were awarded £12.1K for winning the cup too.

Key Players - First and foremost I have to mention Densham who was a monster. He scored 38 goals in 33 games which was fantastic. Hibs are now looking at him so hopefully he can have a big move. Bridges also scored a fair share of goals too hitting 22 goals and creating another 23 goals in 35 games. Clancey and Langiano were both very solid at the back with the former creating a few goals too. Lescott was also superb and scored some cracking goals from range, whilst being a rock at right back. Jackson was our main man in midfield but he left us (boo). He was replaced by Joseph Jackson who is young but talented. He did really well in his few games and I hope he stays on next term.

The Rest Of England

Premier League - Champions - Tottenham. ECC - Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United. Relegated - Stoke, Swansea, Wigan.

Championship - Winners - Birmingham. Promoted - West Ham, Portsmouth. Relegated - Donny, Barnsley, Coventry.

League One - Winners - Sheff United. Promoted - Huddersfield, Charlton. Relegated - Notts County, Walsall, Bournemouth, Bury.

League Two - Winners - Shrewsbury. Promoted - Rotherham, Swindon, Bristol Rovers. Relegated - Cheltenham, Crewe.

BSP - Winners - Gateshead. Promoted - Wrexham. Relegated - Southport, Baintree, Bath, Barrow.

BSN - Winners - Stalybridge. Promoted - Halifax. Relegated - Eastwood, Vauxhall, Guiseley.

BSS - Winners - Sutton. Promoted - Havant. Relegated - Dorchester, Weston-Super-Mare, Farnborough.

FA Cup - West Brom

League Cup - Everton

JPT - Preston

FA Trophy - Kettering

FA Vase - Newcastle Benfield.

Southern League Cup - Halesowen Town!

There are a tonne of other leagues and cups in England so if anyone wants to know about those just ask!

So overall a very good season for us with us gaining promotion to the Southern Premier League (One step from BSS) so I am hoping for another promotion. Roll on August.

Archived