Mourinho's legendary FM11 4231 is back!!!

this was a game, in which we were favourites aswell

sunderlandprematch.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

at ht

as you can see, general team talk "things are going well..." (passionately), then I look at the ratings, most of them are 6.8-6.9, so I dont really need to say anything individually to them, except louis saha and ezequiel, who were playing pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the team. I would have liked to use the "I am not happy, or proove ourselves something else..." (assertive), but unfortunately, these two guys arent really determined enough, so that they could show negative responses in terms of being nervous and so on... so instead, I am trying to encourage them and to make them believe in themselfes

sunderlandht.jpg

ft

sunderlandft.jpg

Just loaded up the tatic to have a look and I think I will have a play with it. Just one thing I couldn't find in the thread. It's a wizard tactic and I see that the target man is the striker but there is no position setup for the Playmaker although the box is ticked. Is this correct? Should we select the AMC or leave it as it is? I understand that the ME will select the player with the highest creative freedom. Both wingers and the AMC have the same CF so players will look to all three of them when looking for a playmaker. Was this intended?

Just loaded up the tatic to have a look and I think I will have a play with it. Just one thing I couldn't find in the thread. It's a wizard tactic and I see that the target man is the striker but there is no position setup for the Playmaker although the box is ticked. Is this correct? Should we select the AMC or leave it as it is? I understand that the ME will select the player with the highest creative freedom. Both wingers and the AMC have the same CF so players will look to all three of them when looking for a playmaker. Was this intended?

its because the AMC is playing as a trequartista and usually automatically set up as the playmaker. ive ticked off the playmake, thats the reason why its ticked, otherwise if you click on it, you will see, that the amc becomes the playmaker :D

Hey el magico! Glad to see that your tactic still works in FM 12 :) You know how much success I had last time in FM 11 with this tactic, and I still have that save too! I might have to use this in FM 12 if the tactic I'm using atm doesn't work out.

2 questions though - Do we set the AMC as playmaker or leave the instructions as they are? My other question, does this tactic still play the same realistic counter attacking football in the ME as it did in FM 11?

Your tactic is my all time favourite of any FM series! :D

Lovely stuff

My last year's favourite tactic, many thanks

thx guys, some screenshots of my everton save are coming soon. currently 2 points behind the leaders manutd. have beaten tottenham away, liverpool at home, drawn to manu, after I was leading and all without cahill and fellaini, who are out for the first half of the season :(

also semifinals in carling cup ;)

Do we set the AMC as playmaker or leave the instructions as they are? My other question, does this tactic still play the same realistic counter attacking football in the ME as it did in FM 11?

Thanks.

its the same tactic as in fm 11 mate, only new setpieces instructions. so dont touch anything! ;)

this one was a game, I was looking forward to. It was this typical "my team is not the favourite, but the opposition team isnt really such a big favourite aswell", the odds were almost the same, with a bit advantage on the side of chelsea". guess it was due to the horribly bad run of chelsea and my good run. at home, with the crowd behind me, I would have definately used the "I expect a win" (assertively) since the opposition isnt much better than me, regarding the odds, but since its an away game, I didnt want to put too much pressure on my team, even though Im on a good run

chelseaprematch.jpg

at ht

as you can see, a result, a lot of us would happy with, but I use the "I am disappointed" option (assertively) and try to once again motivate my players, to encourage them, to tell them not to rely on this 0-0, much more trying to reach a bit more, since its dangerous to play for draws

chelseaht.jpg

at the end...

chelseaft.jpg

el_magico89...............finished my first season with Aldershot and it did go very well (screenshots to follow)...........i kept with the original squad all bar 1 main free-transfer the other 2 were youth players.......and as you will see from the screenshot, we were a very small squad, which didnt help in the last third of the season because of tirdness, injuries and suspensions......but we made it to the play-offs and got promoted via the play-off final..........which was a great finish to the season.......

SQUAD.......

aldershottownsquadplaye.png

LEAGUE TABLE.....

npowerleague2overviewst.png

PLAY-OFF FINAL...........

dagredvaldershotinforma.png

Again there is no money for the coming season, so i will need to do some deep searching for quality in the free transfer market...........

Your tactic is as good as ever mate............well done

@gazza: thx for the screenshots mate, you really have my respects, cause it really needs some immense patience to start so low, as I often never have that patience :D

I immediately want to challenge for the title and europe :D

btw:did you read my starting post? I did some changes in team talks, maybe youve read them yet, I dont know ;)

first half of the season is over, and what can I say? wonderful so far, considering fellaini has only played 4-5 games and cahill got injured for 4-5 months, so that he could only play the first 3 games, unfortunately, weve been awful at city and conceded 5 goals, otherwise, we would have only have 11 against in 20 games, which would be just class :D

tablece.jpg

@gazza: thx for the screenshots mate, you really have my respects, cause it really needs some immense patience to start so low, as I often never have that patience :D

I immediately want to challenge for the title and europe :D

btw:did you read my starting post? I did some changes in team talks, maybe youve read them yet, I dont know ;)

Cheers mate........i remember it all started when you hadnt tested your original tactic with lower league teams LOL

I have read your OP again, and like with my first season, i will try and follow it to the letter and see what the results are.......

Will report back as i move through the season!

Cheers mate........i remember it all started when you hadnt tested your original tactic with lower league teams LOL

I have read your OP again, and like with my first season, i will try and follow it to the letter and see what the results are.......

Will report back as i move through the season!

thats true mate, I am currently experimenting on something, looking for a reason, why the second half of a season is a bit worse than the first half, and I have a theory currently, think, because of the reason, the team is overachieving, they could be a bit more relaxed and complacent in the later matches, as the current table situation is more than they should have reached, so I thought, if the board offers you to change your season expectations mid-season, that we might fit it to the current situation in the table. so if you were leading the table, that you change it to fighting for promotion or play-off spot or something like that.

am gonna try it out with my everton save, as thx god, Ive only played 3 games in the second half of the season and have still a save from end december.

hello! i have a question...is otamendi a good player for this tactic or is he too small? thanks!

if you have a tall partner and at least a tall DMC, it would be not bad, as I am playing with jagielka pretty successfully aswell and hes also not the tallest ;)

if you have a tall partner and at least a tall DMC, it would be not bad, as I am playing with jagielka pretty successfully aswell and hes also not the tallest ;)

thanks for the quick answer. i´ve finally signed bocchetti as i needed a left central defender and i find it useful for them to be left-footed.

let me tell you my team and i´d like you tou help me to pick the ideal line-up

GK: CASILLAS/ADÁN/HOT PROSPECT

DEFENDERS: RAMOS/ARBELOA/PEPE/VARANE/BOCCHETTI/MARCELO/COENTRAO/MBIA

MIDFIELDERS: MBIA/FELLAINI/JAVI MARTÍNEZ/XABI ALONSO/DIARRA

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS: WILLIAN/NEYMAR/KAKÁ/GRANERO/CANALES/ÖZIL/DI MARÍA/HIGUAÍN

STRIKERS: CRISTIANO RONALDO/HIGUAÍN/BENZEMA

thanks again! i wonder why you choose xabi alonso when he´s worse at marking and tackling than diarra (who´s a good decent passer) or javi martínez (who´s decent passing and is much taller and aggresive). maybe xabi in easy games and a more defensive minded player against top clubs?

I dont know in which season you are, but from what Ive seen in the first season, xabi has always very good attributes, maybe hes now older and his attributes have declined a bit, then I would use xavi martinez. diarra I would only use as the left dmc, because he isnt very good with the ball. in top games, when you play away, you can also use fellaini and diarra, as both are really aggressive work horses and they would dominate the midfield :D

I dont exactly know martinez attributes, he might be ok aswell

second season: xabi alonso is 12 tackling, 10 marking, 12 aggression and 18 passing. lass diarra is 12 marking, 16 tackling, 16 aggression and 15 passing. javi martínez is 14 tackling, 14 marking, 14 aggression and 15 passing. lass diarra is too short to play left-dmc i guess. anyway he´s been great as right dmc in my first season!

second season: xabi alonso is 12 tackling, 10 marking, 12 aggression and 18 passing. lass diarra is 12 marking, 16 tackling, 16 aggression and 15 passing. javi martínez is 14 tackling, 14 marking, 14 aggression and 15 passing. lass diarra is too short to play left-dmc i guess. anyway he´s been great as right dmc in my first season!

mate, theres no rule, whether the left dmc has to be tall or not, Ive just said, that at least one of the DMCs must be a tall guy. you can still always change the set piece settings of the two DMCs considering who is playing, which I always do aswell. so if I use fellaini as a right DMC and rodwell as a left, I change rodwells set piece settings, attacking corners and freekicks from " GO forward" to "stay back" and instead I change fellainis from "stay back" to "go forward". if you compare the settings of the two, theyre quite the same except, the right dmc playing direct pass, having 3 notches more creative freedom and hving through balls set as often. but the tackling, closing down, mentality and so on are all the same ;)

my first starters would be martinez as right dmc, fellaini as left DMC, then I would rotate. xabi I would always try to give him game time when your playing against weaker sides or in home games, as youre expected to make the game and the opposition isnt putting much pressure on you, because they are always parking the bus :D

Any updates, el magico?

I am going to open a new thread, which is going to be far more clearly represented, with player requirements and new team talk methods and screenshots. currently 10 games played in my new everton save, 9w 1d 0l only conceded 1 goal :D

gonna continue the save today and tonight, I want to do the new thread

Archived