Reach Third Round of Ukrainian Cup

My Expectations

Avoid Relegation by notable distance

A good cup run would be a bonus, main focus is on the above though

Transfers

MiLLm.png

Friendlies

CPRWV.png

Should be a very challenging season. I'm half excited, half bricking it. I don't expect to do well at all, but then I believe in my own abilities to steer the team clear of relegation.

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian First League

ycBMv.png

ED4C1E44DA97FD0B81B22D09C420E97D58ABF2FB

Hmmm, interesting start to the season. There's nothing definitive there, a mixed bag but a great four points on the board when realistically I expected one, maybe three at a strong push, out of nine. To get four is brilliant. What this has shown me is that my team has fight in them. There are definitely more than two teams worse than us in the league so that gives me some positives to take from the start to the season. Last years relegated teams had 21 and 20 points. If 22 is my marker, I'm more than confident of reaching that. I can make 22 and avoid relegation for sure. However, things don't always work out like that of course, so I'm aiming for 30 points at the moment. I hope to win every three games, basically... I've won 1 of my first 3, so I'm starting as I mean to go on!

Indeed. I hope it continues, although I'm not going to expect too much from this season.

I almost forgot to inform you guys that the board have started a stadium expansion by 5k seats (although we were getting 50% attendance in the First League so I don't know why we're expanding tbh) and in the meantime I'm using a different stadium.

OEOpT.png

And then here's an image to give you an idea of what I'm up against... it doesn't make for good viewing on my behalf.

C8lTx.png

The things I would do for just 5% of Shakhtar's S/A...

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian First League

LFwMi.png

7F5E7E4873730024A5A5E3288959B4B170F6ABCD

A pretty fantastic month ended with a drubbing from Metalist. I expected that, but it's still pretty damaging. It means I've had two defeats which do -6 damage to my GD, it's pretty horrible. It's damaging my GD pretty badly, but at this point it doesn't look like I'll need it. Obviously there's still a long way to go, but with almost a third of the season gone already I've got a 10 point lead over the relegation zone as well as beating the two teams currently sitting down there and drawing with the team one place above it... I reckon I'm good enough to guide the team to safety this year and then I'll most likely move on.

Cheers :thup:

Got some tough fixtures coming up but hopefully I can nick a draw here and there - Dinamo Kyiv up first...

My finances are in a horrible state... I really dunno what I've been doing to the club for this to happen. We're £20K under wage budget (the given budget is only £30K) and I've signed 1 player for £170K and that's that... genuinely got no idea why it's this bad.

Vl29F.png

Image quality is terrible but that figure reads (£1,134,832)

I've just had a though that the terrible finances are probably because of the board's stadium expansion... A good final league position and plenty of money from all of these TV games would be lovely.

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian Premier League

3GFqA.png

6F9C8894153CDB2A728E4A4ED4E0FCA5BAAC9432

Ukrainian Cup

bft1u.png

Another solid month has me firmly believing that we will be safe this season and that my aims should now be on trying to secure a solid mid-table finish. However I'm genuinely just happy to not be getting relegated at this point. I took another beating from a big team. I'm getting sick of it, sooner or later I'm going to have to steal some points because I don't like not getting anything from 8 games (working on the assumption that I'll look all of my Away games v Shakhtar, Kyiv and Metalist, and lose both home and away v Dnipro). Still, the position I am in fantastic. My GD is annoying but to be sitting 6th with this squad by now is very satisfying. I'm 4 points away from my 22 point target and over halfway towards my safety target with 19 games still to go... I'm feeling pretty safe.

I'd love to go far in the Cup, which I think it a definite possibility as Chornomorets aren't much special and a team I've already beaten this season. I BEAT SHAKHTAR... Sverdlovsk...

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian Premier League

Yu3xi.png

7EA81BD623C521D17CCA906188B1825C3D609880

Ukrainian Cup

ezUI5.png

So a pretty solid month for me in the league once more and a month that I believe has almost secured our status as a Premier League team. Despite the smash n' grab victory (see post above), we still played well for the majority of the month. Regardless of how we play I'm just happy to be winning. I'll introduce a bit more style to the team when I have players who can be stylish. The was quite tough to take because it was v fellow promoted club Tytan and I thought we would beat them. Still, a point is very good and I'm not going to complain about it. It puts us up into FIFTH place, somewhere I didn't imagine we'd ever reach. We are actually in a European spot at the moment... I can't see us finishing any higher than 8th to be honest, but it's still nice to say that come the halfway mark (1 more game to go) we'll be 6th or higher... that final game of the first set is Dnipro, though, so I'm not expecting anything from the match.

I don't wish to say much on the Cup match. I played a weaker side, expected Chornomorets to follow suit. They didn't. Smashed us on our own turf. More fool me, I guess. It means I can concentrate more on the league and trying to get into the top half (8th or above). Big ask, but not impossible based on the results of our first 14 games. 30 is my minimum expectation; 40 is my target (last season 40 points would have had me one place above 8th and on joint points with 6/7th).

Having an amazing season so far, keep it up :thup:

Cheers :thup:

That is a brilliant start to life in the top flight,how many points do you reckon you need for survival?

The two teams that were relegated last season had 20 and 21 points, with the next three closest teams finishing on 29, 29 and 31. My original target was to reach 21 points, but having won more than that already I then began to look towards 30 just to be extra safe. Considering that requires only 5 points from my next 16 games, I reckon I'd be better trying to aim for a better number of points, so I'm aiming for 40. Basically, to answer your question, I think 30 will seal my safety. However I reckon I've already got survival... I can't see my team failing to pick up more than 5 points in 16 games unless something goes horifically wrong between now and the end of the season.

Thanks! :)

I'll have my final update of 2012 up soon - only one game left to go before the Winter Break for 3 months begins. Makes for nasty reading unless my final game is a stormer... I'm away to Shakhtar though so don't be surprised if I never return because I've killed myself :p

Ugh, I'm having some real issues with this club now. We're doing fantastically overall in the league - anybody can see that. To be sitting 5th with 1 game to go before the break is stunning, unbelievable work that not many newly promoted clubs could ever expect. It goes without say that we are a First League team in the Premier League punched wayyyy above their weight and as such every game is going to be difficult and there is going to be more than a few games we lose by big scorelines - 1-5 v Metalist, 0-4 v Kyiv, 0-3 v Shakhtar - and in these cases the players are very unlikely to perform well... it's driving down my players avg. ratings a lot and as a result my best avg rating as I type is 7.02 for Mykulyak, who got a 7.60 on avg in the league last season. Mykulyak has been brilliant this season but has had 4 or 5 terrible performances that drive his average way down and as a result it makes him look like he's having a bad season. All of the fans are on my case that I should be dropping so-and-so because of their poor recent form, but the poor form isn't because they're playing badly, it's because Shakhtar are there to kick our ass and rightly so - they spend £30M per year on wages compared to our tiny £300k! At present, the fans think that 7 of my players are underperforming and should be dropped. I have played with the same Starting XI for the majority of my games because they are my best players and the others I have are merely back-ups in case of injury or for subs. I cannot afford to bring in back-ups who are as good as my first team. The fans are so expectant and it's driving me mad. Just be pleased with the goddamn results that have us sitting near the top of the table - the media is calling us title challengers for christ's sake! We don't stand a chance!

ANYWAY, rant over.

edit: huh, two games to go apparently. Shakhtar then Obolon. Obolon are the only team I've scored 3 goals against in the UPL this season. Every other team has been 1 or 2.

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian Premier League

3YUhq.png

F0322E0DCB017FF910923F57AD8A618ED7C4FC8E

Yeah... soo... uhhh... let's move on.

But seriously. A terrible month. The two games I thought we would win there - Kryvbas and Obolon - we were dominated and were lucky to leave with draws. The games I thought we would struggle with - Dnipro and Shakhtar - we did pretty well in, having 1-1 scorelines in both and actually leading Dnipro at one point. Arsenal was a weird game in which there was over 20 shots in total but only 2 on target (one from each team). No idea what happened there.

Krym are currently on a streak of 6 league games without victory and 7 games in all competitions without victory in what has been their most fruitless period in my tenure. It's pretty tough because I can't seem to lift the players out of this rut. I've tried a team meeting which encouraged them greatly and then we drew with Arsenal in a horribly lacklustre performance. My main problem is a goalscorer. My main striker - Igor Zubko - has 3 goals in 12(3) appearances... I need a scorer but I can't get one. It's damaging me as I've now slid from 5th to 6th with a reasonable gap in between and look set to slide another 2 places with relative ease.

I'm not at all worried about relegation - in fact I'm very confident that we will stay up, still. I can't see us going down whatsoever and in all honesty my only proper aim at this point in time is to survive and then build for next season if I choose not to move (this will be solely dependent upon money given to boost the team. No money means no job, basically).

But yeah, poor end to the first half of the season in what has been a terrible, barren run. Hopefully we'll come back stronger after the break and can challenge a few teams above us and defeat the teams below us.

Not a brilliant month as you say, but in all honesty you're still going along excellently. You'll obviously survive relegation, it's just a matter of where you end up finishing in the league.

One thing's for sure, your reputation will certainly get a boost from how you're doing with such a small club.

Yeah, the terrible form makes the weeks seem like months, but I can live with it so long as it's reaping rewards. I've had a look at the job centre and the only jobs that are available are either massive steps down or would reject me and laugh in my face (clubs like Leeds, HSV and Bordeaux). I'll stick with Krym til this summer and then assess my options. I do hope my rep will increase a lot because I need it a lot. I don't want to spend any more time in Ukraine unless it's with Dnipo, Metalist, Kyiv or Shakhtar, all of which are unlikely.

Just had the worst news - my first choice MR, captain, top goalscorer and in general one of my best performers Romanenko is out for 3 months. It means he'll miss roughly only 3 games because of the huge winter break, but it's still quite frustrating.

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian Premier League

S2ykM.png

4EC991AEE59C8E4FEAD323114A6FBE3125244E2A

Remaining Fixtures

VWWLD.png

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAID WE ARE STAYING UP!

I finally put an end to my miserable run - not without increasing it slightly first, of course - with two fantastic wins which all but confirm that we aren't going down now. My target of 40 will be very tough to reach. I appreciate it is only 5 points I need but that is some seriously tough fixtures and the timing is hideous for each with very little rest between matches. There's only three matches in there I actually expect to win - Volyn, Tytan and Zorya - so I'm not too fussed about how many points I gather now. I beat 20, I beat 30, and if I manage to make 40 I'll be immensely proud of what I've achieved with such a limited squad.

I don't have much to say on the fixtures of this month. Very tight games, ran my luck a bit but also could've scored more than what I did. I've lost Mykulyak for the rest of the season due to an injury but now is the time to grind out what results I can get as opposed to playing nice football. Defeats are to be expected. My squad is absolutely knackered due to my unwillingness to rotate - we're only three games in after the break! - and it's starting to really take it's toll. The player's morale took a heavy knock after that barren run and I'm trying real hard to boost it back up but nothing is working, not even those two victories.

Most of the starting XI's contracts expire at the end of the season. I've not bothered offering them new ones because if I get the money I need I'll be buying plenty of replacements for them. If I don't get the money, the club will seriously struggle either way (bearing in mind that I'm leaving if I don't get the money I need). So basically the club will either go straight back down or I'll get money and make a push for the top half (which is possible this season; just very unlikely).

IT IS NOW MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR KRYMTEPLYTSYA TO BE RELEGATED!

Krymteplysia.jpg

Ukrainian Premier League

p31YJ.png

90126090594D93A0DD4E1D2AB56CBB317AFB318B

So a pretty poor end to the season but an ending which got me over the line and helped me to a remarkable 7th place in my debut season in the Ukrainian Premier League. I just missed out on a European spot by one place which is staggering to think of. Having amassed 41 points I am extremely happy with my achievements with Krym. However, the post following this will explain why I believe I have taken this club as far as I can.

7th place?

xNnZF.png

A new kit sponsorship?

I must surely be set for a reasonable wage budget and and transfer budget, right!?

LwGao.png

OH. Well, it was nice knowing you, Krym. Thanks but no thanks. That wage budget right there is a staggering quarter of what I had for this season. The board is basically asking me to improve a team with less money. I know I've pulled off some big surprises with Krym, miracles to an extent, perhaps, but I cannot improve a team with less money... it's impossible. I'll be moving on from Krym very soon, whether I have a new place to go to or not. The Everton job was available but I highly doubt they're interested in me. I'm going to apply anyway just to see how it goes. Not holding my breath, mind you.

Season review coming up now.

Krymteplysia.jpg

Krymteplytsya Molodizhne 2012/2013 Season Summary

League Table | League Graph

First League Fixtures A | First League Fixtures B

Ukrainian Cup

Pre-Season Friendlies

Transfers

Squad Stats

Well, well, well... where to start? A fantastic season for the club and for myself as what I expected to be a dreadful season has turned out to be a very successful one where I've managed to vastly overperform and somehow finish in the top half of the table with a First League standard squad. There was a lot of drubbings, hence my dire goal difference, but there was also a lot of strong victories and we have done ourselves very proud by doing so much.

The Ukrainian Cup turned out to be another failure for me. I got one round further this year than last but that was simply because I entered in Round 2 this season whereas I entered in Round 1 last.

Overall it was a fantastic, if frustrating at times, season. It is also my last season with the club as I have decided to resign following the board placing very restrictive budgets on me which I feel will only drag the club backwards. I would rather leave now with my reputation intact than drag myself down. Selfish, perhaps, but the club is almost guaranteed relegation as it keeps getting smaller due to key players not being able to be offered bigger contracts after the board slashed the wage budget by a staggering three-quarters.

Where am I going next season? Good question. I'll get back to you on this one later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Club | Nation | Division | Pos | Domestic Cup | European Competition |
|--------------|--------------------|-------------|-----------------|-----|--------------|--------------------------|
| 2011/2012 | Krymteplytsya | Ukraine | First League | 1st | 2nd Round | N/A |
|--------------|--------------------|-------------|-----------------|-----|--------------|--------------------------|
| 2012/2013 | Krymteplytsya | Ukraine | Premier League | 7th | 3rd Round | N/A |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early signs suggest Trabzonspor of Turkey is my most likely destination after Ukraine, but it's still too soon to say for sure. I've applied for the job and the board have admitted interest in signing me but I wasn't their first choice... I was rejected from Leeds, Getafe and recently relegated Caen and Montpellier who laughed at me... pretty harsh, if you ask me. I'd like to think I'm good enough to get promotion with a club like Caen if I can do it with Krym... oh well, I shan't dwell on it. If Trabzonspor don't take me on, I'm not really sure where I'll be headed at all tbh... I guess I'll just wait and see.

I'm glad you guys believe I've done the right thing :thup:

Apparently though my accomplishments with Krym mean nothing - nobody is considering taking me on. The only offers I've had have been from the likes of St Albans in the Blue Square South. I'd like to think I'm more deserving of a job in the football league. I'm willing to stay unemployed until a decent offer comes along, I'm not really in a rush to get back into management. It's pretty frustrating that nobody has taken notice of my work with Krym though.

Trabzonspor decided not to offer me a contract but they've not signed anyone else. That was cool...

ugh. Just applied for the Brentford job in League 1 and they said they were flattered that someone of my calibre would want the job... cut to three days later and they tell me I'm unsuccessful and choose someone else. I don't understand.

Basically, am I capable of League 1 management but not Championship? Because I want to be managing in the lower end of the Championship/upper League 1 at this point to then make a push for the Premier League. It seems that no foreign teams are interested in me. I'd quite happily go to Ligue 2 because I know France well but none of the clubs there are taking me seriously and the top divisions around Europe in Holland, Portugal etc laugh at me still.

Unemployment is depressing.

On the plus side - I had a wee glance at Krym and their new manager. Their entire first team has 11 players! They can't afford anyone new.

Now into August and still no job... oh dear. No idea what to do. The only one available job is Kingstonian in the Blue Square South and I really don't want to go that low because: 1. I have no experience at that level 2. I think I should be at a much better club than that and 3. Somebody must surely want me that's decent? It has to get better than Kingstonian? Surely?

almost at Christmas and still no job offers. Considering hanging up my tie, this save has turned ugly. Nobody seems to like me at all haha. Dunno what I've got to do for a job.

Just as I was considering retiring from this save, I got a job offer. I'll post here very shortly with details.

Picture the scene. It is May 2013 and former Sunday League footballer turned professional football manager, Jordan Downie, has guided Krymteplytsya to safety in spectacular fashion. A small team from the far outstretches of Ukraine, not many people expected much to happen when the young Glasweigan manager turned up on their doorstep, unable to even speak the native language of Russian. "Why not Ukrainian?" I hear you ask. Well, I have no idea. But I learned Russian anyway and they seemed to understand me, so who am I to judge? A superb turn of events saw Krym go the majority of their first season in the second tier of the football league - the Ukrainian First League - undefeated before finally succumbing to two defeats in the final stretch of games. However, it was a fantastic achievement and one which would raise the Glasweigan's profile in the nation of Ukraine and perhaps put his name on the European map.

Following automatic promotion to the Ukrainian Premier League as champions of the First League, Downie came with the expectation that he would have funds to bring in some players to ensure safety from relegation. He was disappointed. The squad he had inherited when he took the job remained untouched. Only four players had entered and left in the first season and to have any chance of staying up, most believed that Downie would need to bring in several high quality players. Instead, it came as a shock to the system when Downie discovered that he would have to face the entire Premier League season with only four new signings - and four outgoings at the same time - for a total of £170k, Jordan braced himself for what would turn out to be a miserable season, in his mind.

Surprisingly this was not the case. The Glasweigan managed to turn his side into real contenders in the division, taking on most sides except for the top four of Shakhtar, Kyiv, Dnipro and Metalist who won their 8 games in total v Krym. It damaged the Krym GD massively but was not enough to dampen the spirits of the squad as they went on to make miracles happen and somehow raised their game for the whole season, finishing in 7th just one spot away from an elusive European slot. This fantastic season would once again propel Downie to believe he had made a name for himself in Europe and Ukraine and that he would become a success in no time. Just one more season with Krym and with money would surely see him take his side into Europe and from there on, who knows what possibilities there were? The opportunities were limitless... until the board came back with the horrible news that Krym's wage budget for the new season was being slashed down to a quarter of what it originally stood at. Appalled and confused, Downie quit the job in outrage, leaving Krym with immediate effect and began to look for a new job.

With his apparent new fame in Europe, Downie believed that finding new work somewhere in Europe would be easy. Oh how wrong he was. Rejections from scores of clubs dampened Downie's spirits to the point where he almost quit the job. However, on the eve of his retirement, in came a familiar name for Downie.

Following his resignation from Krym, Downie applied for many clubs with the most notable name being Trabzonspor of Turkey. The club admitted interest in signing the Scot but ultimately chose to sign former player Shota Arveladze. Just 5 months into the job at Trabzonspor, and with his team sitting in 17th (of 18 teams), Arveladze was cut loose. The hunt began once more for a manager set to take the fourth most successful club in Turkish club history forward. One man stood above the rest; the man they overlooked and didn't hire in the Summer...

Trabzonspor.png

Trabzonspor Kulübü

Nickname: Karadeniz Fırtınası (Black Sea Storm)

Founded: 1967

Stadium: Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium

DeniTaraf%C4%B1ndan.jpg

ldMQe.png

Board Expectations

Achieve a respectable League position

Be competitive in the Turkish Cup

Personal Expectations

Top 6 isn't too much to ask for, is it?

A solid cup run. I want to see if I can win some silverware in my first season. The squad is good enough to win anything they like.

As I take over in Turkey, the club is currently sitting 17th in the Super Lig with a squad capable of much more than that.

Cheers! :)

I agree with you. Unless I get the team relegated then not much can actually go wrong with this team. Their media prediction this season is 6th even though they finished 9th last season. Not much has gone right with them, so I hope I can turn their fortunes around. I'm a wee bit annoyed that they didn't take me on the first time, but now is my chance to prove them wrong rather than dwell on what could have been.

I also forgot to post my squad depth above. Very good by the look of it with my only concern being centre back and possibly left attacking mid. I changed the captains and vice-captains, I hope it doesn't affect anybody negatively. I never usually do that...

hmmm, you could be my assistant manager ;) seeing as I've never watched Turkish football before (I've watched Turkish teams in the Champions League/Europa League, but never the Super Lig) - can you tell me how the game tends to be played, whether it's fast paced or slow paced? It's not entirely important which style it is (if it's either), but it would be nice to know what I'm up against in general.

Didier Zokora moved to Aston Villa in the Winter window of 2012-2013 for £3.1M then made only 4 performances in the league for them.

My first game as Trabzonspor manager is up against bottom of the league and struggling Sakaryaspor... couldn't ask for a better team to start against, I suppose. I'm away from home so it won't be a stroll in the park, but it'll be interesting!

ABoCU.png

heh, fancy that, eh?

3O3rM.png

well, that is something!

HT5td.png

thank you very much Sakaryaspor!

I'm going to enjoy my stay in Turkey, I can feel it!

EDIT: I just re-read this and realised how horribly arrogant it comes across haha. Ah well, I've gotta enjoy the little things like that. It's my first game in management for 6 months. Cut me some slack :p

hahaha, oh dear, we can't be having an AVB repeat. I'll retire now to save myself the hideous embarrassment ;)

Here's hoping it is. I've not even had a chance to decide who is in my plans and what formation etc. I'm going to be playing. I have been compromised due to poor fitness and injuries for a few players (as well as suspension) so I'll be doing most of my tactics etc. now. I'll probably do a post shortly detailing my philosophy and things like that. :)

Trabzonspor.png

Turkish Premier League

xV9c4.png

1731026F4799D8B0A5BFFF954E128FF2BB69D6BE

So I'm off to a great start in Turkey and have already lifted the team out of the relegation zone. Two dominant performances (match stats for the 1-5 victory above; 2-0 victory below) have pleased me greatly and I'm confident that I can take this team places. We do have transfer and wage budgets but the wages are already way over what they should be so I've had to put all of my transfer budget into my wages to prevent the club going into debt (we're already in serious debt, I don't want to worsen it). In the summer I'll look to offload the leeches and bring in some better players (and younger players, more importantly) while reducing the wage budget by mass amounts as it's needed at the moment.

But yeah, I'm pretty delighted with everything so far. I'm really glad to be back in management again, and especially at a club I want to be at rather than somewhere I'm at because there was no better options (see: Krym). I'm performing excellently, here was my victory v Karabukspor:

F0VKN.png

Dominant.

You done fantastic to survive in the Ukraine Premier Division with such a tight buget and made the right move by going to Turkey. Good luck :thup:.
Very good start,hopefully it can stay like that for the rest of the season for you :D
Great start with Trabzonspor :thup:
Belief's not a bad thing in this job.

Cheers guys! :)

Generally, the football is quite open in Turkey, the lower end teams tend to play very defensively but matches near the top are always fantastic to watch. The defenders are very rough though, don't be surprised to see cards brandished around!

Ah, I have only managed in three games but already I can see that you are very correct. I've already witnessed 2 red cards (one for myself, one for opposition) as well as a load of bookings which is a wee bit worrying from a defensive point of view. The top matches are also very good on FM too - played a match v Galatasaray and was surprised by how open and end-to-end the whole affair was. It's going to be a mixture of some dominant play and some open attacking football. Might be a bit strenuous on the heart, but I can tell I'm in for a fun job!

Just home from college and catching up with friends etc, so I can finally load up my save and get cracking on it. Dunno if I'll be able to update tonight, but I'm off college tomorrow so there will definitely be something in the next 24 hours, that's for sure.

Trabzonspor.png

Turkish Premier League

Ioe8X.png

D46F6A8FAAC44F35C7C7D1A30C762E9BBD5D8045

Turkish Cup

MbZjS.png

A very busy month for me; my first full month as Trabzonspor manager. So far the cup is going great and I'm into the semi-finals. I'm up against the team sitting 7th in the league so I reckon I'm in with a decent shout of my first shot at silverware. I'm a bit disappointed to find it's a one-legged away tie (I would've thought either two legs or a neutral one-leg, but apparently not). It'll be tough but I'll give that match my full focus and hope I can pull something off to get into the final. It'll be great.

The league has gone very well for me. Two very tough fixtures where I could have easily got 0/6 against Fenerbahce and Galatasaray but managed to steal 4 points (totally stolen, I didn't deserve any points to be perfectly honest, maybe 1 v Fenerbahce at a push, but they were the more dominant side for almost 90 minutes). Still, I'm very happy with my turn of form and where it has lifted me in the league. I hope I can pull off this sort of form all season because it wou;d be fantastic to be sitting even higher than I am. I'd love to challenge for top 6 but having seen how tough this league can be I'd be happy to finish in the top half in this for season considering how awful things were going prior to my takeover.

The most satisfying thing of this month is the fact that I did it with 10, yes TEN, injuries, including only one striker (Altintop) for some of them and no strikers for others - with Alanzinho having to play up front for some of them and doing quite well. Vittek is back soon though, thankfully. He's my first choice striker as a Target Man Attack suits my style, he holds the ball up very well.

So yeah, good going so far with Trabzonspor. I'm gonna post another image showing my first five games in charge and where it puts me in the form table. It makes for highly satisfying reading!

AA6E8993FC9679DFBA58873DD24D8A4D18310F27

Oh yeah, and I messed about with Custom Views on the fixture list. It's pretty cool as I've not really noticed that before despite having been playing FM for so long. It's nice being able to get a better view of things and remove others (time, being an example).

Archived